News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

One last couple questions about fireing order

Started by greenpigs, August 13, 2008, 11:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpigs

I don't know if someone swapped my wires as a joke but they were not even close to right according to multiple books. So I went with the diagram in the High Performance B\RB book and made it right. Now my question is : Do I go by the diagram as far as were #1 is supposed to be located in relation to the rotor? I suspect my harmonic balancer slipped when I had a Helli-coil put in. My plan is to use firefighters link on how to check this from another thread, but if it is okay can my car run being a tooth off or am I 180 off? :shruggy:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

aifilaw

your car (if I remember correctly as far as power and cam) can "run" being 90 degree's off, it will just run poorly, it can run being a tooth off, and if you never knew what it was like before, it would seem fine.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

firefighter3931

Just bring the #1 piston up to top dead center and pull the cap off and look wher the rotor is pointing to. The tower that lines up with the rotor will be #1 and just follow the normal firing order going counterclockwise.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

greenpigs

So assuming my harmonic balancer didn't slip I need to find TDC and put the #1 plug there on the cap and redo the firing order. It is sorta  confusing as I think it is supposed to follow all the graphs I see where #1 is by the clip.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free