News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SRT GROUP builds a V10 challenger for Sema

Started by moparstuart, October 17, 2008, 10:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

got an email from a buddy about a v10 challenger for sema         http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/14/sema-preview-dodge-bringing-viper-powered-challenger-srt10-conc/

Stuart
The SRT engineers confirmed in our online chat this week that they built a one off, new Challenger for SEMA, that has a V10 Viper engine.  They were also asking us "what would you pay for this car if it went into production?"

Most replies were $50,000 sticker would sell em.

Ask your guys on the old Charger board, the boards are watched by Chrysler for marketing insight.
Dale
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

That is pretty sweet.  but i can barely afford a v6 challenger, let alone a SRT10.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

I dont like the Car of tomorrow spoiler/ splitter. The shaker is cool but i would like it to look more like the old ones ,it's to tall and not shaped well. 

Ghoste

A co-worker who is into Fords was telling me about the SRT10 Challenger this morning and I had to explain how he was mixed up because they don't make them.  Now I have to go tell him he's right.  Stupid karma.

Brock Samson

69_500

The V10 powered Challenger would be a niche crowd if you ask me. In the same realms as the Viper owners, however if the price tag was around the $50K range, it would entice more buyers than the viper crowd. These are just my opinions though, and quite frankly are not worth the screen and keyboard that they are typed on. Just a man with a little spare time, and a huge fascination with MOPARS. Okay you can probably call it an addiction to Mopars.

BigBlackDodge

Ask your guys on the old Charger board, the boards are watched by Chrysler for marketing insight.

Yeah, watched but not acted upon. ::)

BBD

Khyron

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on October 17, 2008, 06:36:06 PM
Yeah, watched but not acted upon. ::)

BBD

agreed, how about this... dont worry about a V10 when the new Charger still looks like a bag of ass  :nana:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh the hate mail im gonna get  :smilielol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

Aside from SEMA bling I can't imagine there are any good reasons for bring a Challenger SRT10 into the market mainstream anyway.  It's pretty much accomplishing it's halo mission with the Hemi.

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on October 17, 2008, 11:31:43 PM
Aside from SEMA bling I can't imagine there are any good reasons for bring a Challenger SRT10 into the market mainstream anyway.  It's pretty much accomplishing it's halo mission with the Hemi.
they are thinking of selling off the viper line

then they would install the v10 in the challenge as a fill in
r

Ghoste

But if they do sell off the Viper, why move the 10 into the Challenger?  It seems to me like the Hemi is providing more than sufficient marketing.

69_500

True the HEMI is helping in the marketing aspects, but if you dropped the V10 from the viper into a challenger, and offered a car like that with 600HP even if you tagged it with a sticker of $85K you'd still have a market. It would be a niche market, but still a portion of the market. And imagine how much fun it would be to drive.

Ghoste

I have to admit, it would make life hard on the Shelby owners.

69_500

I think that the SRT8 Challenger is already making their lives hard enough. Knowing that they can barely beat the 6.1L HEMI, but that they are still way behind the Viper and the Vette.