News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is the correct color for the "Dash"?

Started by 71 RT, November 01, 2005, 02:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71 RT

I hope someone can help me out with this simple, but important question.  When refinishing a 3rd Generation Charger, what is the correct "Flat Black" that is used on the dash, ash tray door and glove box door?  It looks to have a little texture in it, but I could be wrong.  Also, what do the "pros" do with the Vin Tag on the dash when they are trying to refinish the dash, if you remove it, it will look like its been removed (the rivots, and paint wear").  I would not think you could tape it off and get a good result.   Any good ideas out there?  Is there a particular kin dof flat black that everyone uses, or is one about the same as the other?  Any shaker can stuff worthwhile, or should I fire up the regular paint gun?  Thanks for your time!!

beenaround

71 the service manual has the correct paint code in the body section.i can look it up for you if you like.i painted my 70's dash with a regular spray gun,i also managed to tape the vin plate off just fine. oh and yes i had my paint mixed by the auto body supply using the paint code.