News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Radiators (67/70)

Started by Carrots, August 10, 2008, 10:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carrots

I have a '67 26" rad in my '72 and am looking at swapping it out for a alli one. Having just bought a $150 shroud for my existing rad I'm keen to make sure that the potential new rad will work for this shroud. I have a 67-69 type shroud not the 70+ one. I've found a multitide of new alli radiators for years '70 and upwards but nothing for 67,68,69. So I just need to know whether I do need to hold out for new one of my current vintage or whether a 70+ is the same unit. I'm not sure what the last owner had to do to get the '67 rad onto the car but I'm hoping that the rads from this five year period are all pretty similar if not the same. The man selling the 70+ reckons it'll work and I'll be able to use the existing shroud, but he doesn't sounds like an authority.

The fact that there are two types of shroud available (one for 67-69 and one for 70 upwards) would make me think that there are differences with the rad (or at least the fitting) and so this 70 that I'm looking at won't work. If I do need a 67-69 rad can anyone point me in the direction of where I can one of those?

Thanks folks.

ps This one is detailed as being OK but seems a little too big? http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=SUM%2D380460&view=1&N=700+150+4294925084+
a lascivious taste for the grotesque, the painfully paradoxical, the questionable and the absurd.

NS 68 R/T

I bought one of those Summit radiators for my 68, and I would not recommend it. They claim it is a bolt in deal, but only 3 of the mounting bolts actually "bolted in". The upper hose is too short, the lower hose is kinda pinched, the trans cooler lines need to rerouted, and the shroud is not even close to fitting on it. The radiator even looks kinda cheesy. Do yourself a favor, and get the custom built aluminum rad from Mancini. I know I wish I did. You definitely get what you pay for.

Carrots

OK, duly noted thank you. I think I'm going to have to stick this on hold for now then as I can't see anything custom being affordable. As per my other thread I have a choice of either a new rad or a fan clutch, and the latter now seems like the much more cost effective thing to try first. Appreciate your advice Sir.
a lascivious taste for the grotesque, the painfully paradoxical, the questionable and the absurd.