News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Driveshaft I.D.

Started by terrible one, August 10, 2008, 06:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

I know that there are some subjects on this, but I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for.

I've got a lead on a driveshaft and I'm trying to help the seller identify it.

The driveshaft is for a '68 Charger with 383/727/8 3/4. I know that the measurement is supposed to be 52.07", but from what points does it need to be measured? Anyone have pictures that can show this? Also, how many splines should the slip yoke be to accomodate a 68 727 transmission?

Thank you

mally69

rt green

third string oil changer

firefighter3931

Quote from: terrible one on August 10, 2008, 06:57:07 PM
I know that there are some subjects on this, but I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for.

I've got a lead on a driveshaft and I'm trying to help the seller identify it.

The driveshaft is for a '68 Charger with 383/727/8 3/4. I know that the measurement is supposed to be 52.07", but from what points does it need to be measured? Anyone have pictures that can show this? Also, how many splines should the slip yoke be to accomodate a 68 727 transmission?

Thank you

The driveshaft needs to be measured from the center of the u-joint.....end to end. The yokes are different from 904 to 727 but i believe the spline count is the same.  :scratchchin:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

John_Kunkel

All 727 slip yoke output shafts are 30-spline; same as the 8 3/4" axle. The 904 is smaller.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.