News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone tried a 4 7 swap cam in thier big block mopar?

Started by pandamarie, August 13, 2008, 12:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandamarie

Ive been thinking of ordering a 4 7 swap cam for my 440 and was wondering if anyone has tried this in a mopar yet? its been tried in sbc with great results, just looking for what I could expect from the change.

Rob R

Small block Chev circle track engine picked up 10 hp with the 4-7...I put a 4-7 in the pump gas 515 that's in the car at the moment and if anything 10 hp over the same cam without a 4-7 but this engine is 3 ci larger that the last engine I tried it in.The pump gas engine in my GTX made 1.41 hp per ci...I wouldn't go through the expense of grinding up a 4-7 swap cam I'd just spend that money something else :Twocents:
The only thing I can say for sure is it sounds DIFFERENT than the std firing order...much like what an X pipe does for the sound of an ex system compared to straight ex pipes and mufflers...IMHO