News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 shocks

Started by flyinlow, August 09, 2008, 11:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

I can not find a high capacity front shock for a 73 charger. twin tube kyb is marginal.

Any other choices?

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

firefighter3931

By "high(er) capacity" are you wanting a firmer ride ?

The Edelbrock IAS shocks are excellent but not cheap.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

hutch

Quote from: flyinlow on August 09, 2008, 11:02:50 PM
I can not find a high capacity front shock for a 73 charger. twin tube kyb is marginal.

Any other choices?

Your car is not a big block transplant is it?  Might be something you can fix with your t-bar setup as well.  I am dealing with the same issue with my 73.   Brock reminded me of the front t-bar springs in our cars and moving to a 440 in my car might be too much for it if it has smaller factory bars for a 318 or something.

:Twocents:
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

flyinlow

I looked at edelbrocks . They dont have a listing for 73 and up on the front.  The rear ones are avialable. I have gas charged kyb monoshocks in the back ,they work well with new Mopar HD springs. I had to go with the basic twin tube in the front.
Car was a 318 car,now a 446. Torsion bars are .920 diameter. which is  the same as big block bars from what I can find. With aluminum heads/intake /headers/ rad./ VFN fiberglass bulge hood /ac removed and the battery trunk mounted , it  weighs about the same in the front as it did with the stock 318.
Mancini sells .960 bars , will probably install this winter.
Front shock body is only about 7 inches long.