News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why are Cudas so popular?

Started by WingCharger, July 06, 2008, 07:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

I made pockets that the side markers fit into, tacked them into place behind the original recesses and then cut the orignal recesses out. I then finished welding them in.  Can't be done without destroying the paint of course. If I do this during the resto, I charge $400. Otherwise, it's time and expense. Actually, $400 is too cheap, but no one wants to pay much more than that.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Scatpack

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 11, 2008, 01:14:06 PM
KEY WORD...CUDA. Not Barracuda. :Twocents:
I disagree my nmumbers 70 GC 383 is rarer than most "Cudas" with only 674 built and i gots leather, but like you i am biased
And I have a Bee as well
http://community.webshots.com/user/moooboy
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383Hp,# match
70 Dodge PU 383 Adventurer
02 F250 SuperCab LB 4X4 7.3, 6 speed manual
06 Dodge Magnum SXT
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3
Suzuki Vinson 500 4x4 ATV
Ford 1510 Diesel 4x4 Tractor
AQHA QuarterHorse,1HP,Very Fast

1968Coronet500

You have to admit, they look like a muscle pocket rocket when there done..

konigcharger

$400 seems like a very fair price.  :scratchchin: guess thats what it costs to look cool 

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

WingCharger

I prefer shaved side markers. :cheers:

hotrod98

Quote from: Scatpack on August 12, 2008, 10:25:56 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 11, 2008, 01:14:06 PM
KEY WORD...CUDA. Not Barracuda. :Twocents:
I disagree my nmumbers 70 GC 383 is rarer than most "Cudas" with only 674 built and i gots leather, but like you i am biased
And I have a Bee as well

My red 71 started out life as a GC. It was a 318, auto, a/c leather interior car. I took a rare GC car and made it into a less rare Cuda clone.
I also have a 70 GC, 318 non a/c car with an elasto front bumper and chrome rear bumper. It's not going back stock either. It's getting a 6.1 and a Keisler 5-speed.

Charles Addams

Scatpack

I just think its arrogant to say a barracuda is not worth anything. There are many i would love to have including a vert " barracuda" and some big block cars like my 383-4 super commando GC. While the cuda package is nice, its not what make the car unique, its being a barracuda that makes it unique. Its your car to do with as you wish, but personally I would never change one, even if its a /6 or 318 car. But I also dont buy into the hemi or vert hype ether unless the car is numbers matching, which i have never own one that isn't numbers from Charger r/ts, coronet rt's RR's chally's ect over the years. Once the numbers engine is gone the car basically holds no special value to me even if it was a hemi car. Whats makes a hemi cuda? the fendertag or the fendertag with the numbers hemi under the hood? If the numbers are gone the car might as well be a slant six as far as I am concerned, but we all have our own opinions on the hobby.
My 2 cents
06 Dodge Magnum SXT
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

hotrod98

I built my wife a 70 challenger convertible hemi clone. 99% of the public had no clue that it wasn't a real hemi car. I never said that it was and they were too busy staring to even think about whether it was a real hemi car or not. That car was a blast to drive. I sold it a couple of years ago and it's now for sale again down in Texas for 85K.

Charles Addams

Scatpack

Very nice car but I am a numbers guy so it wouldnt matter if its worth 1mil, just doesnt appeal to me. But I'm not everyone and plenty of people dont care, which is ok, its your own choice how you do your hobby. The reason is I can take any chally and make it that car, you cant make a non numbers car numbers again unless you get lucky and find the stuff. Its forever gone otherwise in its original form. But I also would think of cloning a 318 car either, I would restore to original no matter what, thats one thing you cant "clone"
06 Dodge Magnum SXT
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

hotrod98

Everyone's different. I've owned several numbers cars and never felt good about driving them. Like the numbers guys say, they're only original once and all it takes is a fender bender or a rod out the side of the block and the party's over. I drive several hundred miles a year in my hotrods knowing that if they're damaged in any way, they can be repaired. I'm not interested in having a museum piece taking up room in my storage building. My feeling is that many of the numbers guys are not really car guys...they're collector guys. Most of them are in it for the money or the prestige, not the driving part of the hobby. Some numbers guys drive them but they're not real comfortable with it, unless they're millionaires I guess.
I'll take any of my cars out into the parking lot and do a full on burnout any day of the week. I'll leave it in the hotel parking lot every night while I sleep soundly in my bed. It's insured, so what do I have to worry about? If someone steals it, I'll take the money and build a better one.
I tend to change my cars up occasionally to suit my current mood. Different motors, trannys, paint schemes, etc. I never would do that with the numbers cars.
We're currently in the market for a superbird for my wife and I'm leaning towards a non numbers car for all of the reasons that I just mentioned.
To each his own.
Excuse me, I have to go unload another non numbers 70 barracuda that I just bought. I might make a drag car out of this one.  ;D

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 14, 2008, 11:09:18 AM
Everyone's different. I've owned several numbers cars and never felt good about driving them. Like the numbers guys say, they're only original once and all it takes is a fender bender or a rod out the side of the block and the party's over. I drive several hundred miles a year in my hotrods knowing that if they're damaged in any way, they can be repaired. I'm not interested in having a museum piece taking up room in my storage building. My feeling is that many of the numbers guys are not really car guys...they're collector guys. Most of them are in it for the money or the prestige, not the driving part of the hobby. Some numbers guys drive them but they're not real comfortable with it, unless they're millionaires I guess.
I'll take any of my cars out into the parking lot and do a full on burnout any day of the week. I'll leave it in the hotel parking lot every night while I sleep soundly in my bed. It's insured, so what do I have to worry about? If someone steals it, I'll take the money and build a better one.
I tend to change my cars up occasionally to suit my current mood. Different motors, trannys, paint schemes, etc. I never would do that with the numbers cars.
We're currently in the market for a superbird for my wife and I'm leaning towards a non numbers car for all of the reasons that I just mentioned.
To each his own.
Excuse me, I have to go unload another non numbers 70 barracuda that I just bought. I might make a drag car out of this one.  ;D
never owned an ebody larry save that one for me  ;D ;D ;D
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE