News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

man...another wiw question

Started by Bandit72, August 09, 2008, 08:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandit72

ok..taking a walk on the dark side for a moment, found a 68 Chevy C-10 longbed in my hometown for sale. Engine is a 40k mile 350, mild cam, headers, edelbrock carb and intake. Tranny shifts good but mileage is unknown. 12 bolt rear with new mosier axles. Cab/Front clip straight and rust free could use some paint though. Bedsides have some pinholes above the wheel wells. Front suspension rebuilt about 4 years ago. Guys had this truck for 20 years and has taken it from colorado to florida afew times and says he'd do it again tomorrow. What do you all think? He's wanting 1500 for it but i think i might be able to get it for 1300
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Drache

Id pay that for it in a moment if it was near me  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

dpm68

Other than the fact that Edelbrock carbs are crap, I'd have to say go with it. Put a Ponycarb Autolite on it and yer good to go...

Big Lebowski

"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

jaak

Bandit72

well, i'm probably gonna get it tommorow. I test drove it tonight and everything seemed tight. Could use the tranny fluid changed and i think it has a low tire..but the doors and everything shut super tight...no squeaks, weird noises, or strange vibrations to be found  :2thumbs:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....