News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally! Pics of our 70 Chally vert

Started by resq302, August 08, 2008, 08:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Finally got around to getting some pics of the new addition to the family.  My mom and dads 70 Chally vert.  The car is a numbers matching car with build sheet.  Vehicle is an original white exterior with red interior car.  Conv. top is currently white but according to the build sheet, was originally black.  We are planning on returning the car back to factory conditions and appearance.    The engine is a numbers matching 318 that was bored .30 over with an unknown cam in it.  Sounds mean as hell though with the headers.  The headers will be replaced with factory cast iron exhaust manifolds though.  The trans is the 904 auto and does seem to have a shift kit.  As far as options go, the car has the light package with fender mounted turn signal indicators, power convert. top, manual windows, manual drum brakes, power steering, am with 8 track, and an original space saver spare.  The car is a factor red interior car which from what I have heard is fairly rare.  Hopefully Barry from the T/A registry can chime in.  Anyway, here are some pics.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Brock Samson

resq302

Can anyone tell me what this hole in the steering column is for?????  It is totally baffling me and the collar that has the hole moves whenever the console shifter is shifted.  Any help would be appreciated.  I don't think it is a column shifted shifter as the hole is too small and appears different than the actual one for a column shifter.

Thanks for the help.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

resq302

some pics of the "other" car, errr..... truck..... well, whatever you want to call it.
Brian

resq302

some more pics......    i'd have put pics of the charger in but they have been posted before...  may as well give some spot light to the other cars in the barn.
Brian

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Samson

ton of options on that SS..  :popcrn:
more please..

Chris G.

Quote from: resq302 on August 08, 2008, 08:51:58 PM
Can anyone tell me what this hole in the steering column is for????

Brian,

That hole is on all the Chargers and Challengers from '70. Lots of people think they have the wrong column on the car, but it is normal to see. I think it has something to do with the steering lock up system.

Nice pics! Love red interior on any car.  :2thumbs:

ps- I know you are proud of the badges you win at these AACA shows, but they ruin the look of the Charger and El Camino. It makes the front look like it has teeth missing or something. Can't they be put somewhere else so the front looks as nice as it should? Just an observation.

resq302

the elky DOES have a lot of options.....hmmmm..... lets seee....SS 396 package, dealer installed optional tonnea cover (shown on dealer order invoice that we have), posi rear, power windows, door locks,  power drivers bucket seat, bucket seats, console, am/fm stereo w/ in dash (operating) 8 track player, a/c, cruise control, low washer alert (one year only option discontinued halfway through the year), Vigilite (fiber optic light monitoring that let you know if your parking, head lights, or high beams were out), fuctional cowl induction flapper hood, hood pins, factory air shocks (standard on el caminos) and it only has a whopping 45,000 original miles on it.  Yes, folks, this vehicle was a find, original Florida car and we are the third owners.
Brian

resq302

Quote from: Chris G. on August 08, 2008, 09:19:12 PM

Brian,

That hole is on all the Chargers and Challengers from '70. Lots of people think they have the wrong column on the car, but it is normal to see. I think it has something to do with the steering lock up system.

ps- I know you are proud of the badges you win at these AACA shows, but they ruin the look of the Charger and El Camino. It makes the front look like it has teeth missing or something. Can't they be put somewhere else so the front looks as nice as it should? Just an observation.

Hmmm interesting fact Chris.  Thanks for pointing that out.  I did not know about that.  Is there something that should go in there to cover it?  Looks like something is missing.  Of course, a lot on that car seems like something is odd like the whole in the rear of the console (found out that is a one year only thing for the seat belt buckles to go into) and the pass. side mirror not being "exactly" the same as the driver side.

As for the AACA award badges, yes, unfortunately, they must be displayed on the front of the car and the only other area we could possibly put them is where the front license plate would go and we have that occupied by the Concours d'Elegance plates.  Hell, if dad gets too many more award badges for the elky, he might start over heating from lack of air flow into the rad.   ha ha. :rofl:
Brian

69*F5*SE

tan top

awesome looking challenger .... love the red interior  :yesnod:   
don't no much about  the elcamino but  think they are pretty rare with a 396 ..  also  am i right in thinking that they done a ss 454 also .. :drool5:   i'm not a chebby guy but looks awasome  ...  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mikesbbody

That's one gorgeous challenger! love the red interior  :2thumbs: the el camino aint bad iether.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Chris G. on August 08, 2008, 09:19:12 PM

Brian,

I agree 100% on the badges comment.  Awesome cars I love all 3.  I looooooooooooooooooove El Camino's.  Stupid name, awesome car/truck/thing.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: resq302 on August 08, 2008, 09:28:12 PM

Hell, if dad gets too many more award badges for the elky, he might start over heating from lack of air flow into the rad.   ha ha. :rofl:

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth....  :puke:

;)

Challenger looks good Brian :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

Awww Chris, not a fan of the Hellcamino? :icon_smile_big:
Brian

dpm68