News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I guess no one has driven a Ford lately

Started by bull, October 21, 2005, 01:31:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I've been hearing that rumor for 10 years now.  I work for International and as far as I know we are going to be supplying them with Powerchokes for some time to come.

Spartan

I spent quite some time in a Ford plant today and part of their losses are lack of efficiency......I had 4 guys watching us work on one component today and they were standing around watching us, doing absolutely nothing.   Figure this was time and 1/2 for them and production was not running.   The auto companies beat us suppliers down so bad on price I cannot afford one guy doggin' it or my job will loose money.   At the skilled trade wages, the amount of waste is sickening.  
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

greenpigs

It's sad to say the least, many get spoiled on the UAW extreme wages and can't get by if a pay cut happens. Boo-hoo I say, I mean come on $20+\hr to do a $8hr job any where else and they bitch..now they know why the plants are closing. Well not relay, they think theyt deserve the money,,HAHA..it's a ugly reminder that the   global economy could care less.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Ghoste

You're right.  If someone in Korea can build it for 2.00 hour or less in China than I say to Hell with the American worker if he's not willing to compete in the race for the bottom.  If you can't cut it on the lowest wage then you don't deserve the job.  Someone will do it for less. ::)

Spartan

Delphi is just the tip of the iceberg.  I think GM was using Delphi as a test on what they will try.  The has squeezed the supply base of all the money they can, the only place left is internally now.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

greenpigs

Quote from: greenpigs on October 28, 2005, 04:42:51 PM
Quote from: Blusmbl on October 22, 2005, 03:28:10 PM
I should go back about 5 years and kick myself in the balls for ever wanting to work in the automotive industry.
:haha:

Yep, I used to work at a place that was a suplier to Delphi, but left. Things are going to get nasty for the big three in the next few years and they have themselves to blame for about half of it, China gets the rest.

It was a slow night at work....but look I was right about something for a change.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

A lot has changed since this was originally posted. Ford was the only domestic to not take a bailout, and does show growth and earnings  :Twocents:

FWIW, I have had just as many Fords in my driveway since 2005, as I've had Chrysler products. Sold the Jeep though in the winter of 2010 and will be selling our Ford SUV, but buying another  :coolgleamA:

Todd Wilson

Quote from: 253862656971 on October 29, 2005, 12:25:17 AM
I'm waiting for Ford to get the Cummins.  I've heard Dodge lost the Cummins deal to Ford and Ford has already taken the Cummins in the ag market.  If it's true I expect nothing less than a Cat in the Dodge.  :drool5:

That BS is still out there floating around?

Todd

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Ghoste on October 29, 2005, 07:31:01 PM
You're right.  If someone in Korea can build it for 2.00 hour or less in China than I say to Hell with the American worker if he's not willing to compete in the race for the bottom.  If you can't cut it on the lowest wage then you don't deserve the job.  Someone will do it for less. ::)

And with thinking like this.............the entire country will be in the poor house...........

Todd

Todd Wilson

I think I have said it for a year or more I would be curious to see how Ford ends up and that they would probably have some financial troubles.

Todd

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Todd Wilson on December 30, 2011, 11:42:23 AM
I think I have said it for a year or more I would be curious to see how Ford ends up and that they would probably have some financial troubles.

Todd

But Does Ford have troubles? The original post is from over 6 yrs. ago  :scratchchin: They are doing fine, I think...

Todd Wilson

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on December 30, 2011, 11:44:19 AM
Quote from: Todd Wilson on December 30, 2011, 11:42:23 AM

Todd

But Does Ford have troubles? The original post is from over 6 yrs. ago  :scratchchin: They are doing fine, I think...

Hmmmmmmm     HAHA!    Interesting   thread was at the top of the list and I didnt see the date! HAHA!    Still getting my morning caffiene!

Todd

stripedelete

There are some who believe Ford is not completely out of the woods yet.   For the sake of capitalism, and, my portfolio, I hope they are wrong.

Iceyone

I think the problem with the Big 3 is A: They don't build much that we really want to drive. B: The cars we do actually like are too expensive to buy. C: No improvement in gas mileage. All cars should easily get 40+ mpg these days, without looking like a little turd on wheels. D: Crappy warranty. Their foreign counterparts are offering 5 year bumper to bumper warranties with a 10 year/100K mile drivetrain warranty.  :Twocents:
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

Ghoste

So are you saying that the foreign automakers are building cars that get 40+ mpg without looking like a turd on wheels?

Chryco Psycho

Well I drove a Ford lately & it confirmed why I do not buy or own Fords , what a lemon  :eek2:

jb666

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 01, 2012, 06:23:02 PM
Well I drove a Ford lately & it confirmed why I do not buy or own Fords , what a lemon  :eek2:

Really? Because in my fleet my reliable vehicles are Fords... The Crown Vic will go anywhere and will NEVER leave me stranded (plus it parts traffic like Moses did the Red Sea).  My SuperDuty is a work horse.. The thing will drag a house down the street... And the wife's new Raptor is top shelf.. I've never owned/driven something that cool, for a truck (since my Lightning).

So, IMO, to call Fords "Lemons" is crazy... The only "Lemon" I've ever owned was my Avalanche.. I'd NEVER buy one again.

Fred

I don't know about the new cars rolling off the assembly line but I can vouch for my 1984 Ford Bronco. I love that baby, I would never part with it.
It has never let me down since new.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Chryco Psycho

I had a leased 2011 SD 250 4x4 last winter for work  , it was a gas job 6.3 lt .
I picked it up with about 200 miles on it , I was working in the oilsands in extreme cold in northern AB .
The radio went intermittent almost immediatly , I stopped by Ford & they said they had never heard of the problem even though all 4 trucks we had did it , then the defrost was barely adequate , after 45 mins I was still scraping ice off the inside of the windows , this caused me to hit the ditch & get stuck for 4 hrs one night as I could not see the highway . Then 3rd gear disappeared so ti would shift 1-2-n-2-n-2-n-2-n & eventually 4 , I could live with that !!
Then the transfer case quit , mostly I drove in 2wd unless I really needed 4 wheel , keep in mind this was on ice roads with steep hills , every time I shifted into 4 wd a nice little wrench came up on the dash telling me 4 wd was not going to happen . Next the steering went intermittent so it would cut in & out randomly , this put me in the ditch 2 more times when the steering would basically lock up , eventually it quit working all together which was better !
The kicker was the fuel milage , it was awful , I filled up & drove 30 miles & it used 4.5 gallons of fuel , this was the best it would do I could barely go 240 on 120 lts of fuel .
I was so happy to return it at the end of 85 days & over 12,ooo miles

aussiemuscle

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on October 21, 2005, 05:46:41 AM
. Other than the Mustang and the F150, the rest of the Ford lineup is about as thrilling as Generous Motor's.... which is why they're struggling too.
take a look at their Focus, awesome small car. Mondeo from Europe is very good too (if available stateside).

Ford have a similar problem in Australia, that their ever dependable Falcon (it's considered a large car here) is no longer selling in huge numbers and people are moving to boring toyotas for their a-b driving.

Fred

Quote from: aussiemuscle on January 09, 2012, 10:55:10 PM
Quote from: TeeWJay426 on October 21, 2005, 05:46:41 AM
. Other than the Mustang and the F150, the rest of the Ford lineup is about as thrilling as Generous Motor's.... which is why they're struggling too.
take a look at their Focus, awesome small car. Mondeo from Europe is very good too (if available stateside).

Ford have a similar problem in Australia, that their ever dependable Falcon (it's considered a large car here) is no longer selling in huge numbers and people are moving to boring toyotas for their a-b driving.

Yeah, I don't understand it. I think they're back on track with the Falcon, it looks great. (Toyota doesn't even come close to looking good) And for me nothing beats V8 power...........I don't care how much petrol costs.
The Mrs. and I are die hard Aussies and would never settle for anything less than a full size Aussie V8.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Silver R/T

The new Focus looks pretty good, too bad its not offered in 2door. Also they should bring back legendary 7.3L powerstroke. I think if I didn't get my Ram I'd go with F series w/7.3L
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Steve P.

Since this has come back from the dead and it seams to be getting some traction, I will add that I have a 2002'F-250Super Crew V-10 automatic. It's heavy and strong and the comfort level is way higher than anything I have ever owned, (truck wise). The only bigger interior is the Mega Cab, but for me and my terrible back nothing is more comfortable..

I DO WISH it had a cummins in it and I had heard ages ago that it was possible to get it in a 450 and up, but hell, I don't even need a 250 anymore!!

I hear from many FORD DIESEL owners that they are serious pullers, but they spend alllllot of time in the shop.. I don't know on the newest version. I understand it's not the old builders anymore.

JB666: I am screaming the exact same thing about the AVALANCHE.. What a pile of crap!!!! I sold mine after just 1400 miles... it's center of gravity was way too high causing it to be the worst tow vehicle I have EVER owned.. Nose diving was it's favorite thing to do even in a slight cornering, low speed drive.. (Florida is loaded with curvy roads)..  :eek2:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

bull

Quote from: Steve P. on January 10, 2012, 01:53:45 AM
I will add that I have a 2002'F-250Super Crew V-10 automatic. It's heavy and strong and the comfort level is way higher than anything I have ever owned, (truck wise).

We have a Ford truck at work with one of those Triton V10s and I haven't been too impressed with it. Makes a lot of noise but it doesn't seem to actually do much more than a V8.

Nuthin' personal, Steve-O, just my experience. :2thumbs:

chargerboy69

Quote from: Steve P. on January 10, 2012, 01:53:45 AM

I hear from many FORD DIESEL owners that they are serious pullers, but they spend alllllot of time in the shop.. I don't know on the newest version. I understand it's not the old builders anymore.

The 6.0L and 6.4L diesels they ran for a few years in the 2000's were junk.  The 7.3's on the other hand were built proof powerhouses.  Low mileage, 4X4, rust free 7.3 F-350's bring premium money through the auction.

I have not heard anything bad about their new diesels they released for 2011.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford