News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Advice on how to track down my deceased friends old charger?

Started by HAZZARDJOHN, August 07, 2008, 09:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HAZZARDJOHN

My plans are as follows. First of I am going to do a complete tear down to a roller (already half way there), then I am goint to put it on a frame rack and straighten her out. It has a 360 in it and that will be a nice starting motor, just a rebuild and a mild cam, something streetable.  Then I want to paint it B-5 Blue, Why? Because me and Jake love that color. Jake wanted to paint it that color, but never thought he'd have the money to do it. Then a bulge hood, Hideaway headlights, older style taillights, and 17" torque thrust II's (Jake was pretty insistent on these wheels) Then Bucket seats and new carpet with a B & M floor shifter (Jake bought this and I have had it in my garage for years).

Like I said the goal is to complete Jake's dream not mine.

~HJ
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: HAZZARDJOHN on August 11, 2008, 03:20:36 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 11, 2008, 02:40:32 PM
wooops, what a sad story!!! sorry!!

but first you know to need that is a 73 not a 74 :)

GREAT YOU FOUND it!!!

will be a nice memorabilia to your friend

How is it a '73? It is title and insured as a '74. as well as it was titled in Cali as a '74? This would be news to me. I was with when he bought it.  I am not doubting ya, as I am a first and second gen charger man, but if the paper work is wrong it would be nice to know.

~HJ

74s have complete and integrated fully retracted 3 points and one terminal seatbelt system bolted and hanging from "B pillar" area, plus I can't see a reset button for the interlock at a side of the ECU module. Check for hump on trunk floor area where spare tire is. ;). 74 are with humped trunk floor. some other diff too, but those are the main and easy to check ones.

on 74s the lower quarter panel ( interior ) has a cut out and extra panel to hide the shoulder belt retractor. 3 spokes wheel is fully padded in the middle. The pad is the horn switch.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Nacho-RT74

and well of course being 74 the VIN should state the number 4 on 6th digit :)... 3 for 73

I'm just talking about I can see on pics, not saying IS one of another by fact
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

HAZZARDJOHN

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 11, 2008, 03:41:35 PM
Quote from: HAZZARDJOHN on August 11, 2008, 03:20:36 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 11, 2008, 02:40:32 PM
wooops, what a sad story!!! sorry!!

but first you know to need that is a 73 not a 74 :)

GREAT YOU FOUND it!!!

will be a nice memorabilia to your friend

How is it a '73? It is title and insured as a '74. as well as it was titled in Cali as a '74? This would be news to me. I was with when he bought it.  I am not doubting ya, as I am a first and second gen charger man, but if the paper work is wrong it would be nice to know.

~HJ

74s have complete and integrated fully retracted 3 points and one terminal seatbelt system bolted and hanging from "B pillar" area, plus I can't see a reset button for the interlock at a side of the ECU module. Check for hump on trunk floor area where spare tire is. ;). 74 are with humped trunk floor. some other diff too, but those are the main and easy to check ones.

on 74s the lower quarter panel ( interior ) has a cut out and extra panel to hide the shoulder belt retractor. 3 spokes wheel is fully padded in the middle. The pad is the horn switch.

It does have the under hood reset switch for the seat belts, and it had a Weight sensor in the passenger seat. I know he was complaining about how it wouldn't start one day and it turned out it was because his college books were on the passenger seat. I disabled it.  I know it was there even though I don't see it in the pics.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

HAZZARDJOHN

I have the VIN written down at home, I'll have to look.

General_01

That's great that you found it. Good luck with the transformation into a B5 Bee. :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: HAZZARDJOHN on August 11, 2008, 03:56:08 PM
It does have the under hood reset switch for the seat belts, and it had a Weight sensor in the passenger seat. I know he was complaining about how it wouldn't start one day and it turned out it was because his college books were on the passenger seat. I disabled it.  I know it was there even though I don't see it in the pics.

Yes thats the weird part, I can't see either the reset button on engine bay :shruggy:... and 72/73 did it have the seat sensors too just on passenger side to make work the warning buzzer and signal.

maybe all that stuff was removed with seatbelts too ???

HAZZARDJOHN

You know I might be thinking of his black one. His first car was a black '74 that was so rusted out it wasn't funny. I just have vivid memories of hitting that reset button. Why would his car be titled as a '74 I wonder. I can't find my post it with the vin on it so I'll have to wait til I get the car.

~HJ