News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got some parts back from Plater today.

Started by gasoline_24, August 06, 2008, 11:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasoline_24

After my disaster with the chrome plater I was very nervous when my parts from the cad and zinc plater came back today.  However, once I opened up the box and started looking at parts I was very pleased with what I saw.  The company is Dawson Brothers out of Wichita.  I had to media blast everything, but the cost to plate was only $270 with return shipping.  Here are the pics.

gasoline_24

Here are some more.

gasoline_24

A few more.

gasoline_24

And the final pics.  This eases the pain of the chrome plating.  Not sure the fuel filler neck is the correct finish, but I think the old finish was some sort of lead.  I think the zinc looks pretty close and was impressed with the way it came out.

hemi-hampton

Paul 500

You lot dont know how lucky you are over here in England, to plate that lot would cost well over $1000. (to chrome a charger bumper is over $900)
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

lilwendal

Leon,
Damn those are some nice looking parts.  Big difference in the quality of the resto when you get all those small items replated like that.
I've got a load of stuff for the replaters and was debating about sending all the window regulators but now that I see how nice your stuff came back I'm going to send them off too.
:2thumbs:

69*F5*SE

Wow, everything looks like it turned out great. And, for a reasonable price.

gasoline_24

The only problem I see is that the 1/4 window regulators where the joint comes together it did not get all the way in there, but that is expected because they are in a stationary position.

ViperRedCharger

Quote from: Paul 500 on August 07, 2008, 05:30:13 AM
You lot dont know how lucky you are over here in England, to plate that lot would cost well over $1000. (to chrome a charger bumper is over $900)

And people complain about costs in the USA.  People here in the USA do not know how good we got it.

By the way the parts look fantastic.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Looks real nice man...you are really going to the nth degree :thumbs:
You are correct about the filler tube.....it was a galvanized piece with a lead coating originally....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

mikepmcs

What a great price for all that stuff. Looks awesome. :2thumbs:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

gasoline_24

resq302

Excellent.  Thanks for the web page.  Good luck with the chromed parts.  read the other thread and just shuddered cause we have to get some stuff done for our chally vert now.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

4aThrill

Quote from: gasoline_24 on August 18, 2008, 09:37:06 PM
Here is their web page:  http://www.dawsonbrothers.com/index.htm

just wondering if you have any other ways of contact with them their website is down.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 4aThrill on September 20, 2008, 08:17:48 PM
Quote from: gasoline_24 on August 18, 2008, 09:37:06 PM
Here is their web page:  http://www.dawsonbrothers.com/index.htm

just wondering if you have any other ways of contact with them their website is down.

Yes , I did.   Had them do a bunch of stuff for the Super Bee were working on....Dawson Bros are top notch!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Hard Charger

hey Gasoline

I see the door latches were plated, did you disassemble these for plating?

also you said you media blasted all the parts prior to plating, doesn't that dull all the plating?

Hard Charger

Evelbist

woops - 6 year old thread, and link doesnt work anymore. Anyone have a good replater they could share?

resq302

Old School Plating in Delaware.   Ask for Steve Orr!    http://oldschoolplating.com/
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto