News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Restoration Progress

Started by gasoline_24, August 04, 2008, 11:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasoline_24

Went to the body shop today.  This is the status this week.  This is it with the new AMD fenders.  They look really good and the fit is excellent.  There is some problems with the drivers side fender that will require some modification.  I will post those pics too.

gasoline_24

These are some pics of the fender.  It appears that I got one that was just stamped a little off.  The passenger fender is dead on.  The drivers is about an 1/8 inch too long and cannot be moved back any.  I could have called AMD for another, but the time would just delay things.  I can't wait until the quarters show up.

gasoline_24

A couple more.

hemi-hampton

Maybe you just gotta move the hood up 1/8 inch. The factory gaps were not perfect either you know? :scratchchin: LEON.

gasoline_24

Yeah, but if you move the hood up it will screw up the gap in the rear.  For the money I am paying these gaps will be perfect.  I am leaving this one up to my body guy.  He is more picky about things than I am.  I guess it pays well for him.

PocketThunder

Nice work there gas.  How did you pick your handle anyways?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

gasoline_24

My initials are GAS.   Pretty creative hugh? :yesnod:

The70RT

Quote from: gasoline_24 on August 15, 2008, 01:06:03 AM
My initials are GAS.   Pretty creative hugh? :yesnod:

Cool....GAS. Don't tell me the 24 is for Gordon though  :eek2:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1969chargerrtse

Awesome, not many shops have that amount of room and are so clean?  Looks great.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: gasoline_24 on August 06, 2008, 12:57:54 AM
Luckily for me they are only charging $45 an hour.  It is still awfully expensive, but I keep telling my wife it is worth every penny.  Some times I wonder.  My problem is that it didn't run when I bought it and have never driven the car.  My motivation is just to imagine what it will be like when I finally get to sit in it and mash on the peddle.
You're not alone. I've never heard my engine run either. These posts are inspiring. I'm in the same boat, too: Waiting on quarters - but happy to wait for a quality piece.
Are you doing all the other stuff while the body is getting done?

gasoline_24

No I am not a Jeff Gordon fan.  Kasey Kahne is who I cheer for.  The 24 is my birth date.

gasoline_24

After getting my AMD quarters, the body shop is back to work.  Here are the progress pictures.

gasoline_24

Here are the last pictures from this week.  I hope by next week we have the new quarters on.  I will let you all know how they fit once installed.

gasoline_24

gers1968rt

Nice stuff, but real serious surgery. Thanks for keeping us posted, because we love pics like this.
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

The70RT

Looks like they are really at it.   :2thumbs: Are you putting in new wheel wells?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

69*F5*SE

I can't wait to hear the report on how the quarters fit.  Great pics, keep up the good work.  Ted

gasoline_24

Just outer wheelhousings.  They patched the inners.  I will only have the trunk gutters as the original sheetmetal from the rear.  I could have saved more, but it would have been a whole lot more patching.  I told the guys at AMD that I should have gotten sponsorship from them as I think I have nearly all their sheetmetal.

OneofNoneRT

Hmmm??/ Scary..How are they alingning the back panels? It doesnt show any alignment pins, welds, fixtures, etc.. The guy that is helpng me do the body work on mine doesnt even want to do a front quarter patch panel until we get it back off the rotissirie. says by suspending on the rotissirie isnt "natural" wants to replace after back on its wheels..  he has done ustangs and amaros. and a cuda vert.. that has him over the top on a charger..
1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

runningman

Great pics, I am going to tackle pretty much the same stuff this winter

gasoline_24

I am not sure how he is going to realign everything, but he has a ton of measurements and all of his prior work looks great.  If you look at how it was designed there really isn't a whole lot of adjustment that the quarter can have after it fits into all of the braces.  We were just having this conversation yesterday when I took the pics.  The roof and all the other pieces are all supported and did not move, so the only issue is to get it back into place and line it up with the b pillar, wheelhousings, trunk extentions, tail panel, dutchman panel braces, and roof.  After that there is not a whole lot of room for movement.  If it is wrong I guess he will have a hell of a time redoing it.

Back N Black

Looks great my man. New car when your done. :2thumbs:

gasoline_24

Pleasantly surprised today.  New Quarters hanging on the Charger.

gasoline_24

Here are a couple of more.  My body guy says that everything fits great.  There are a  couple of small issues, but he has said the AMD sheetmetal is the best he has come across.  I will say they are not perfect, but they are better than anything else on the market.

69*F5*SE

Things are looking good there   :2thumbs:  Ted