News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Restoration Progress

Started by gasoline_24, August 04, 2008, 11:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasoline_24

I have finally broken down and pulled out a few of the 1200 pics I have of the restoration to show those on the site.  I hope you all enjoy.  Please point out any problems as I have found out about several after it is too late.  I would rather fix them now instead of waiting until later.  These are some of it in the wild.

gasoline_24

These are some pictures as I was tearing it down.

gasoline_24

These are a couple of it right before it left me to go visit the body shop.  That was one year ago.  I was hoping AMD would really have the quarters ready back in Oct/Nov.  Things haven't progressed much since then.

gasoline_24

These are some pictures after I drove it up to Nebraska for a little bath and cleaning.  It is amazing how much nicer they look once you clean them up.  Although, I was also able to see a whole lot more of the favors granted to it by the years of salty winters in Kansas.  AMD loves me now that I have ordered nearly every piece of sheetmetal they make for a 68 (the best year)

69*F5*SE

gasoline_24

These are some pics of the interior rust repair.  There was only issues with the drivers floor and repairing some handy work that someone made to the firewall.  There is also a pic of the initial repair to the roof thanks to 40 years of vinyl and some minor warping from the media blasting.

Big Lebowski

Rotisserie restos are the only way to go. :popcrn:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

gasoline_24

This is what it looked like after some primer. 

gasoline_24

After some work on other issues in the engine compartment and the interior, it was on to some color.  No I am not creating some new paint scheme, this is just a way for my body guy to get something done while waiting on the AMD quarters.  I am into it this long so I am going to wait them out.  They told me last week that they WILL be available in 60 days.  Where have I heard this before?   :scratchchin:

gasoline_24

Here are some pics from today.  This is just a primer color and not the final.  I am not sure why he tinted the primer, but I have seen his work and I will do what the body guy tells me.  It is going to be SS1 when it is finished. 

gasoline_24

More pics from today.  He has rebuilt the door hinges, repaired and did his initial smoothing of the doors.  As you can see they are now back on the car.  I was very excited to see it going forward.  I was also happy to see a shipment arrive at his place with a whole lot of AMD sheetmetal and new glass.  Although still no quarters. :shruggy:  The bad news is that my body guy had the nerve to go on vacation and will not be working on it until next week.  I guess my wallet will also be on vacation for a week.

Big Lebowski

Yep, it aint cheap. A pro paint/resto shop wants $75 an hr. or $3000 a week, and of course there's weeks of work to do, right?
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

tan top

looking good  :yesnod:   intrersting pictures  thanks for sharing  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

OneofNoneRT

:2thumbs:.. Looking good , thanks for the update .. Does the shop let you help , or will they charge more if you do.. :laugh:
1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

great job man  , keep the pictures coming
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

gasoline_24

Luckily for me they are only charging $45 an hour.  It is still awfully expensive, but I keep telling my wife it is worth every penny.  Some times I wonder.  My problem is that it didn't run when I bought it and have never driven the car.  My motivation is just to imagine what it will be like when I finally get to sit in it and mash on the peddle.  I am going to use Ron's build so it should have a whole lot of torque.  I may start a pool as to how long my first set of tires lasts.

Big Lebowski

After you get the car painted, it's all fun after that.

Geezer

gasoline_24

Not sure what color it is now.  He said he had them put in some yellow tint.  It will be SS1.  He has done the test shots and it looks dead on. 

CHRGR SE

Under construction 1973 Charger SE/RT resto-mod.

KMPX2

WingCharger

Looks Great!! :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

Wish I had a Charger to work on... :brickwall:

The70RT

Quote from: WingCharger on August 07, 2008, 08:23:49 AM
Looks Great!! :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

Wish I had a Charger to work on... :brickwall:

You know you only have a year from when you registered on here to get one. After that you get booted off of here  :D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us