News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found TIRES I am After, need your advice.

Started by G-man, July 31, 2008, 06:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Here are the 2 I was thinking of.

Picture 1 = Mickey Thompson S/R:

Part Number: MTT-6642
Tire Size: 29.00 x 15.00-15
Rim Diameter (in): 15 in.
Sidewall Style: Blackwall
Tire Construction: Radial
Directional: Yes
Tire Diameter (in): 29.00 in.
Section Width (in): 15.00 in.
Tread Width (in): 13.00 in.
Minimum Recommended Rim Width (in): 10.00 in.
Maximum Recommended Rim Width (in): 13.00 in.
Asymmetrical Tread Pattern: No
DOT-Approved: Yes
Tube Required: No

Picture 2 = Mickey Thompson ET:

Part Number: MTT-3757R
Tire Size: 325/50-15
Rim Diameter (in): 15 in.
Sidewall Style: Blackwall
Tire Construction: Radial
Directional: Yes
Tire Diameter (in): 28.00 in.
Section Width (in): 13.00 in.
Tread Width (in): 11.00 in.
Minimum Recommended Rim Width (in): 9.00 in.
Maximum Recommended Rim Width (in): 12.00 in.
Asymmetrical Tread Pattern: No
DOT-Approved: Yes
Tube Required: No
Tire Compound: R2

Extreme traction on the strip, drives you home on the street.
Mickey Thompson's legendary race tire technology comes to the street with these all-new ET Street Radial tires. Built using the latest in high-tech radial construction techniques and years of drag racing experience in compound development, these DOT approved, street legal drag radials will get your car down the track in record time and still provide you with an excellent ride on the way home. Other important features include reduced rolling resistance, a low-void directional tread pattern for maximum dry-weather traction, and polyester ply/steel belted construction for long lasting strength and durability.

-----------------------------------------------------

Q: Which one of these 2 wheels will offer better traction?
A: ?

Q:Are the ET Radials (2nd pic) useable on the street when it rains?

Q:How long would the tread last on the ET Radials compare to the S/R Radials?

Q:Whats the max Speed rating on them 2 if anyone knows?

Q:Which 1 of the 2 will have more "rolling resistance" which ends up bad (worse) for mileage + cruising? (Other important features include reduced rolling resistance ET Radials pic 2) - would they still resist more than the S/R?

Q: What does the "polyester ply/steel belted" mean?

Just after tyres that will give the best traction and useable on the street, dry or rain. I plan to cruise with the car mainly but would like the traction there when needed... hence I was thinking more width rather then a skinny slick which obviously will be better but not good for street.

Thanks

Rolling_Thunder

you might have a very hard time fitting the MT tire under a Charger unless it is mini-tubbed -  even the drag radial will be super tight
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

G-man

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on July 31, 2008, 11:54:30 AM
you might have a very hard time fitting the MT tire under a Charger unless it is mini-tubbed -  even the drag radial will be super tight

I know I may need to do a slight tub to fit it under. Im just wondering out of those 2 tyres. If I choose to go narrower to not have to tub, again I have the option of those 2 so Again i have those same questions.

Ryan

you can fit the 325 50 15 with out mods to your car. Thats what I run on a 15x10 with 5.5 " BS
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

mikepmcs

Quote from: Ryan on August 02, 2008, 07:06:07 PM
you can fit the 325 50 15 with out mods to your car. Thats what I run on a 15x10 with 5.5 " BS

You run a 325 with 5.5 bs  No way!!
I need bigger than a 295 now, thanks!

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?