News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New fender tag??

Started by 4speed, July 30, 2008, 08:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4speed

Where can you get a new fender tag made.

Ghoste

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Ghoste on July 31, 2008, 03:10:41 AM
http://www.datatags.com/

Anyone had any fender tags done by these guys? Do you get your old one back?

My fender tag off my 70 r/t is in bad shape. Some #'s you can only read from the back side. I'd be afraid that it would get destroyed threw the mail. I don't have a buildsheet for it either, so that would be awful to lose or render unreadable the original.

moparstuart

he said you could just diagram it out , send it on paper
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

here is what he quoted me with my broadcast sheet info , cheaper if i pre lay it out for him.
  If they look good this is cheap? I had heard 1000.00 figures for this service . Anyone else ?

St louis can be done with the build sheet if clear.   Price for me to figure it out and make the tag is $200.   Price for you to figure it out and me make the tag is $100   Cash check or money order.
Either way send a copy fo the build sheet and the payment to: A.G.Backeast Box 40011 Grand Junction, Colorado  81504

Turn around within 3 days of it's receipt

69_500

I was always under the impression that it was a little cheaper to get it done through them than other places. Guess I'm wrong yet again.

I was thinking someone was redoing the tags for around $65-70 a pop

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on July 31, 2008, 03:08:28 PM
I was always under the impression that it was a little cheaper to get it done through them than other places. Guess I'm wrong yet again.

I was thinking someone was redoing the tags for around $65-70 a pop
if you can dig up that info i would love to know who will do it !

can anyone help me map mine out from the broadcast sheet ?   

moparstuart

I am very lucky to have such a nice clean , unbrittle , undiscolor perfect example  :Twocents: :Twocents:

69_500

I'll see what I can map out from that for you later on this evening, or tomorrow. Getting ready to head to dinner at the parents house tonight.

Being that its a St. Louis car though makes it a little out of the norm for me to map out though.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on July 31, 2008, 03:42:51 PM
I'll see what I can map out from that for you later on this evening, or tomorrow. Getting ready to head to dinner at the parents house tonight.

Being that its a St. Louis car though makes it a little out of the norm for me to map out though.
missouri cars are alway better    :Twocents: :smilielol:   

JimShine

He quoted me $65 for a tag.

hemigeno

Quote from: moparstuart on July 31, 2008, 03:16:44 PM

I'm not quite as quick on the St. Louis tags strangely enough (the plant is 35 miles from my house and I have a St. Louis-built Charger sitting about 15 feet from where my PC is) but here goes:

END
C16 C55 M21 M31 R21 V1X
T5       C6X X9 317 329208
E61 D32 XP29 G9G 234051

At first I thought there would be more codes, but that's all I could come up with.  Danny and/or Doug (69CoronetR/T) can check me out on this to see if I guessed right.

:cheers:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Geno, looks good to me except that St. Louis tags always list both the body & roof color regardless if the car was also coded for a vinyl top or not.
Hamtramck cars listed the roof color ONLY if the car was NOT coded for a vinyl roof....

So the second line from the bottom should read.......

T5 T5 C6X X9 317 329208

Also St. Louis tags also have a unique inspection letter or number punched out in the tag usually on the top right corner.....not sure if datatags repros this insp stamp as well.
See tag below for an ex of the stampings

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

pettybird

if anyone finds a place that'll do it CHEAP I want special tags made for the Marty Robbins Daytona!  I want to lay the car out as it is...

R22 V88 Y39  26 EN2
C55 G11 G33 M21 M31 A01
A36 B41 B51 C16 C55
FM3 FY1 C6W X9 420 XXXXXX
E86 D32 XX29 L9B 414641

a second tag with "ROBBINS NASCAR SPECIAL" would be the icing on the cake.

now, I put R22 but I have a CD player...  also, i bought a 5.7 Hemi for this guy, and i'll have either an A500 or a 5 speed manual box behind it (yes, really.)  do they still use 3 digit codes into the present?

moparstuart

thanks guys your awesome  65.00 or 100 i think it's cheap enought . I did ask the guy if he had a sample picture of his mopar tags and he got a little snitty with me. Oh well if he really does them in three day and they are good i will deal with that.
  I have heard nightmare stories about 1-2 year waits and 1000.00 price tags by some experts out there . 

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 31, 2008, 09:11:15 PM
Geno, looks good to me except that St. Louis tags always list both the body & roof color regardless if the car was also coded for a vinyl top or not.
Hamtramck cars listed the roof color ONLY if the car was NOT coded for a vinyl roof....

So the second line from the bottom should read.......

T5 T5 C6X X9 317 329208

Also St. Louis tags also have a unique inspection letter or number punched out in the tag usually on the top right corner.....not sure if datatags repros this insp stamp as well.
See tag below for an ex of the stampings

Looks good to me.....

See tag below for a poorly made, and documented, bad tag from AG...

Do the layout yourself and get it done right.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

ChgrSteve67

I had http://www.datatags.com make my new tag.
I did not have to send them the original tag.
I scanned the back side of the old one and inverted the picture so you could read it (front was not readable).

moparstuart

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on August 01, 2008, 12:15:07 AM
I had them make me a new tag.
I did not have to send them the original tag.
I scanned the back side of the old one and inverted the picture so you could read it (front was not readable).
did you use the same guy ? that looks great 

hemigeno

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 31, 2008, 09:11:15 PM

I knew there was a difference between the two plants on this issue, but did not take the time to look it up.  Thanks!

BTW, welcome back from vacation too...

hemi-hampton

Pettybird, do you have a real tag or broadcast sheet to back that up, Not so sure somebody is going to want to make you a  panther pink 69 daytona? :smilielol: LEON.

69_500

He is wanting a fake tag made up to match how the cloned car is currently. Doug does the car have White interior with black doors on  the interior? Because that is how the tag you laid out is written.

hemi-hampton

So, If I buy a ugly brown 71 Barracuda with 6 cylinder for $1,000 Chop the top off & make a Convertible out of it, Paint it Panther Pink, Add Billboard 1/4 strips, Add Shaker hood, Rubber Bumpers, Spoilers, power everything, And add a 426 HEMI with 4 speed & super track pak 4:10 Dana your saying I can get somebody to make me a fake phoney fender tag to reflect these changes? Who does this? Is this legal? :scratchchin: LEON.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 02, 2008, 01:43:24 PM
Dana your saying I can get somebody to make me a fake phoney fender tag to reflect these changes? Who does this? Is this legal? :scratchchin: LEON.

Yep
Several people. AG Backeast in one of the better known. At one time, he would make tags without documentation but I don't think he will anymore. Some places will make a tag just on your request.
No it's not illegal as the tag is not a legal document nor a legal entity like the VIN tag or a title. The same holds true for Broadcast sheets. They are not a legal documents and can be reproduced. Reproducing tags and sheets is more of an ethical issue than legal unless they are used to help defraud a person during a sale.*

*Legality of reproduction tags varies by state. Consult your local laws.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

pettybird

Quote from: 69_500 on August 01, 2008, 08:26:29 PM
He is wanting a fake tag made up to match how the cloned car is currently. Doug does the car have White interior with black doors on  the interior? Because that is how the tag you laid out is written.

yep.  mike only had white seats for the black interior.

i figure I want the tag to be so far from possible it couldn't be thought of as true.  maybe SPECIAL instead of the VIN's true J number or something would be appropriate, too.

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on July 31, 2008, 05:54:40 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on July 31, 2008, 03:16:44 PM

I'm not quite as quick on the St. Louis tags strangely enough (the plant is 35 miles from my house and I have a St. Louis-built Charger sitting about 15 feet from where my PC is) but here goes:

END
C16 C55 M21 M31 R21 V1X
T5       C6X X9 317 329208
E61 D32 XP29 G9G 234051

At first I thought there would be more codes, but that's all I could come up with.  Danny and/or Doug (69CoronetR/T) can check me out on this to see if I guessed right.

ok any other thought , any st louis experts  , i want to send this off to him will this be correct  ?