News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New fender tag??

Started by 4speed, July 30, 2008, 08:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

Quote from: moparstuart on August 04, 2008, 11:19:11 AM
ok any other thought , any st louis experts  , i want to send this off to him will this be correct  ?

Stuart, sorry about not getting back with you on your PM - been a busy day and I forgot.

Based on what Chris and Doug have said, I would modify my earlier tag layout to this:

END
C16 C55 M21 M31 R21 V1X
T5 T5  C6X X9 317 329208
E61 D32 XP29 G9G 234051

:cheers:

moparstuart

thanks gene your awesome i will go with that

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

I send him off my money today , we will see how they come out.  He is making me a special nascar clone 2nd tag for my birdible also .

moparstuart

Got my fender tags back already today they look great and he was very fast .  He was an ass to me though . I dont understand how people think they will get repete buisness being so rude .  I am happy with the tags so i guess thats the most important thing !

69_500

So how was the transaction so rude? Just curious? If it was a fast turn around, I don't see how it would be rude, unless there was a verbal conversation over the phone or in person between the two transactions.

moparstuart

i asked him to many questions i guess in his opinion , asked him for an example photo of his(MOPARTAGS) work and asked him to email me when he got payment . He told me I was asking to much of him . Danny I will send you the emails tomorrow they are on my work account ,you will get a kick out of it .

69_500

Figured it was something along those lines.

I gotta admit I get short with my son when he asks a lot of questions too though. Like his favorite one "What time is it? Is it time for __________ yet?"

moparstuart

I guess maybe i expect to much. When i am paying for a product i would like to know about it with out getting huge attidude from the manufacture.  I would also like maybe just alittle customer service .  Again he did a great job on them and very fast it just seem like he hads a huge chip on his shoulder. BTW I never spoke to him on the phone it was all email so i wasnt phoning(INTERUPTING) him costantly with stupid questions. .

charger_fan_4ever

What was the sticker price Stuart?

Did you send a picture of the old one or did you mail it in?

Thanks

moparstuart

I didnt have a tag at all , just a copy of the broadcast sheet and hemi geno's mapping out of the tag, plus a picture of a st louis tag.  I paid 220 for 3 tag ,one main tag and two minimal lettered special second tags.

moparstuart

here was my first clue he had an attitute  i asked the question below here is his answer !

I do not.  Not any that customer's have told me it's ok to send around the world.  You'll have to go to www.datatags.com see examples of tags I've done, close your eyes and imagine the same degree of workmanship on any other tag you might need. 
    My turn around is 3 days or less
    AND know that I've made these for 26 years and have yet to get one back but if YOU don't like lthe tag I make all you need do is return it for a full and prompt refund no questions asked.
    If that's not enough hand holding for you we have no further things to discuss and you need to be dealing with the higher pirced competitor who has the longer lead time and no money back guarantee.

FORDially,  A.G.Backeast Box 40011 Grand Junction, Colorado  81504
----- Original Message -----
To: tags backeast 2
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 4:06 PM
Subject: Re: 69 charger

thanks do you have any pictures of your mopar tags?
example of your work ?
    I will get it mapped out for you

moparstuart

here is a picture of the new tags

hotrod98

I would like to have a tag to mount next to the original tag on my clone that fortunately, is perfect.

I would like to have it stamped          Daytona Clone

or possibly three lines                         Daytona Clone
                                                    Maniac Musclecars
                                                      August, 2008

Either way would be cool.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Old Moparz

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 02, 2008, 01:43:24 PM
So, If I buy a ugly brown 71 Barracuda with 6 cylinder for $1,000 Chop the top off & make a Convertible out of it, Paint it Panther Pink, Add Billboard 1/4 strips, Add Shaker hood, Rubber Bumpers, Spoilers, power everything, And add a 426 HEMI with 4 speed & super track pak 4:10 Dana your saying I can get somebody to make me a fake phoney fender tag to reflect these changes? Who does this? Is this legal? :scratchchin: LEON.

The fender tag has nothing to do with the VIN tag, title, or registration, so there isn't any DMV legalities involved. I suppose it's more of an ethics thing within the hobby than anything else. I know some people like to break down the options to see how rare a car is, but to myself, as well as a lot of others, the fender tag is basically a novelty item.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 13, 2008, 11:37:21 PM
I would like to have a tag to mount next to the original tag on my clone that fortunately, is perfect.

I would like to have it stamped          Daytona Clone

or possibly three lines                         Daytona Clone
                                                    Maniac Musclecars
                                                      August, 2008

Either way would be cool.
i'm sure data tags will do it , if you can stand him    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Old Moparz

There's a guy in Canada who makes tags, but I forget who & where exactly. He adertised on ebay a while back & I contacted him, but I think ebay has tried to ban ALL tag sales. He was asking $40 about 2 or 3 years ago. I asked him about a custom tag & it was no problem. I had wanted a tag that said

THIS IS A FENDER TAG
IT IS A NUMBERS MATCHING
CAR THAT BELONGS TO ME
THE PRICE MATCHED MY WALLET
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparstuart

hemi-hampton

Old Moparz, Mopar Stuart sez he had to send along a copy of his Broadcast sheet. What if you dont have a Broadcast sheet, or window sticker or fender tag Ect. Why send a Broadcast/build sheet if you can just make up any codes you want, like my panther pink hemicuda scenario. :shruggy: :shruggy: LEON.

hemi-hampton

If you read the AG Back east/datatags website (I guess many people dont) You'll notice in the small print he sez he does not make phoney fake tags to reflect peoples dreams or fantasy's, Either does Galen. SO, what makes people think this can be done? LEON.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 15, 2008, 11:40:40 PM
If you read the AG Back east/datatags website (I guess many people dont) You'll notice in the small print he sez he does not make phoney fake tags to reflect peoples dreams or fantasy's, Either does Galen. SO, what makes people think this can be done? LEON.

My bad tag was made by AG without a BS sheet or documentation but it was several years ago.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Mr. Lee

I bought my Charger in 2008 without Original engine, without buildsheet, without fendertag.

Now I want a fendertag made with the specs of the car like it's now to make it "complete" under the hood.

I did ask Datatags yesterday but he doesn't want to make one because he's afraid being sued.

Anyone can help me out with some info where I can have my fendertag made?

bakerhillpins

You are going to have a hard time getting anyone to make you a tag without proof of options (broadcast sheet or old tag) as the Fender Tags are used in conjunction with the VIN to determine the car's pedigree.  I.e. Creating a tag to match what you put on the car ends up with someone (not saying you) selling the car, intentional or not, as something it isn't. Basically they are not making you a tag to avoid issues with Fraud.

Make any car you want but be careful about stamping things to make the car appear to be original.  :Twocents:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

TUFCAT

Here's an interesting story for those who want to go messin' with Mopar VIN numbers and body tags.  Warning: this story does not have a happy ending.  :nana:

http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2006/07/01/hmn_feature16.html

Mr. Lee

Quote from: bakerhillpins on March 22, 2014, 06:55:02 PM
You are going to have a hard time getting anyone to make you a tag without proof of options (broadcast sheet or old tag) as the Fender Tags are used in conjunction with the VIN to determine the car's pedigree.  I.e. Creating a tag to match what you put on the car ends up with someone (not saying you) selling the car, intentional or not, as something it isn't. Basically they are not making you a tag to avoid issues with Fraud.

Make any car you want but be careful about stamping things to make the car appear to be original.  :Twocents:

I understand what you're saying according to the rules and laws in your country, but I live in The Netherlands and the rules and laws out here are just different.

When I did import the Charger from your country the car was checked by customs. Basicly what will be checked is if the car hasn't been reported stolen, and they check if the VIN that's on the dash matches the numbers that are stamped in the car nearby the radiator and trunk. If these match the car, it gets the complete VIN stamped into the framerails so this car is indeed the car with the correct VIN. They don't care if the Original engine size is in the car or not. The engine that's in the car just has to be mounted right and save and the complete car has to be roadworthy. If that's the case a title will be given that states the current engine size and VIN and owner on it. That's it. As the original VIN is stamped in the car and is on the title, one can Always check what original enigine was in the car so no fraud possible here.

So the fendertag isn't an issue here. Just need one the make my restauration complete; it just belongs under the hood. Who helps me out?

Mr. Lee