News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

More pics 08/09/08: Paint's Done !!! My Hemi Charger R/T.........

Started by hemi68charger, July 30, 2008, 07:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

Looks really good Troy, beautiful colour too. :2thumbs:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

hemi68charger

Quote from: The70RT on August 01, 2008, 10:06:26 PM
Cool. I bet that new garage is looking sweet. Are you planning on spraying the radiator support black?

If I have her that long, I for sure will.......... I have to talk to the gent that's interested in buying her.. Don't want to spend too much time and money on her if she's going bye-bye for the Daytona.....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

TUFCAT

Looks like LL1 heaven!  :cheers:  Oh, did I mention I love that color   :2thumbs: 

General_01

Looks nice. I like that color. :coolgleamA: Good luck with whatever you do with it. :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

hemi68charger

Hey guys........
Off from Guard Duty this afternoon and figured I'd put something on her..... Of course, I couldn't resist the "Hemi" badge and a new NOS mirror......... I think she's going to be hard to give up, especially after such a cloudy 5+ years in the body shop.. But, if I don't spend another dime on her and sell the '70 v-code, I could have my dream Daytona.... Guess it's age creeping in on me and I'm sort of tired of having projects and not running cars other than Dana......... So, if I can get a Daytona and keep Dana (my '69 Charger 500 for those that don't know) as well, my Mopar life would blossom again.... Sorry for the repetitive nature of my banter, but I guess I wanna make sure I'm doing the "right" thing, if there is such a thing......

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

C500

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 02, 2008, 08:21:48 PM
Hey guys........
Off from Guard Duty this afternoon and figured I'd put something on her..... Of course, I couldn't resist the "Hemi" badge and a new NOS mirror......... I think she's going to be hard to give up, especially after such a cloudy 5+ years in the body shop.. But, if I don't spend another dime on her and sell the '70 v-code, I could have my dream Daytona.... Guess it's age creeping in on me and I'm sort of tired of having projects and not running cars other than Dana......... So, if I can get a Daytona and keep Dana (my '69 Charger 500 for those that don't know) as well, my Mopar life would blossom again.... Sorry for the repetitive nature of my banter, but I guess I wanna make sure I'm doing the "right" thing, if there is such a thing......

Troy

If you can get your 68 on the road without spending any more on it, I would sell the 70 to get the Daytona. Then you would have one hell of a mopar fleet....68 Hemi R/T, C500 and Daytona. Doesn't get any better than that for me.  :notworthy:

Dunk
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

hemi68charger

Quote from: Kiwi68 on August 02, 2008, 08:39:33 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on August 02, 2008, 08:21:48 PM
Hey guys........

Troy

If you can get your 68 on the road without spending any more on it, I would sell the 70 to get the Daytona. Then you would have one hell of a mopar fleet....68 Hemi R/T, C500 and Daytona. Doesn't get any better than that for me.  :notworthy:

Dunk

There's no way I can get what I want with just the '70. I have to sell the '68 as well.. With the '68, I really don't need to do anything else to it except get it as a roller.. I have an interested party already in it. I now need to find someone who's interested in the '70.. I will not let them all go unless both go and I can get the Daytona.. So, I would end up with a Daytona and a C500.. My other alternative is to sell the C500 outright to get the extra money and keep the '70 or trade the C500 for cash and a survivor '69 Charger R/T 440 4-speed car........ That way I would have a '69 Daytona, a '69 R/T and the '70 six pack project.........
Troy

69_500

Ah Troy, quit teasing us already and just go get a Daytona.  :cheers:

Ryan

IMO. I would keep the 68 man. Finish it that thing will be a beauty when done. hemi 68, 69 c500 and a 70 6 pack charger is a damn cool collection. One of each year :yesnod:
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

C500

There's no way I can get what I want with just the '70. I have to sell the '68 as well.. With the '68, I really don't need to do anything else to it except get it as a roller.. I have an interested party already in it. I now need to find someone who's interested in the '70.. I will not let them all go unless both go and I can get the Daytona.. So, I would end up with a Daytona and a C500.. My other alternative is to sell the C500 outright to get the extra money and keep the '70 or trade the C500 for cash and a survivor '69 Charger R/T 440 4-speed car........ That way I would have a '69 Daytona, a '69 R/T and the '70 six pack project.........

Quite the predicament indeed. Having the 68 and the Daytona would be cool if you could do it by selling the 500 and the 70.... your idea of trading the 500 for a 69 R/T 4 speed is a great idea, so long as you can find someone wanting to do the trade.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on August 02, 2008, 08:44:35 PM
Ah Troy, quit teasing us already and just go get a Daytona.  :cheers:

But with which option !!??  2 XX29's or 3 cool Mopars.........

1. Daytona and C500
2. Daytona, '69 Charger R/T and '70 v-code
3. Daytona, and whatever option.............   :)

Troy

Winged 1

:2thumbs:
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
Now ya got something to do!!!!!!!
Eric

hemi68charger

Quite the predicament indeed. Having the 68 and the Daytona would be cool if you could do it by selling the 500 and the 70.... your idea of trading the 500 for a 69 R/T 4 speed is a great idea, so long as you can find someone wanting to do the trade.

I have someone already interested in the possible deal, so that's no problem.. I don't think I can get what I need for the Daytona if I try to use the '70 and C500...
Troy

C500

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 02, 2008, 09:06:47 PM

I have someone already interested in the possible deal, so that's no problem.. I don't think I can get what I need for the Daytona if I try to use the '70 and C500...

Well, I vote for option 2. As much as I love the C500, having one XX car being the Daytona and an R/T plus a 70 is a well rounded selection of second gen chargers.  :Twocents:

General_01

There is something to be said of "Sentimental Value". I do not think you would be happy without Dana no matter what. So far this '68 is a project. Yes, a long project, but a project none the less. Dana is part of you. Everyone knows you through Dana and when people see you they think of Dana. No way to get around that. Sell the '68 and the '70 and get your Daytona if you desire one bad enough. For the record, I vote for keeping the three you have right now. A very nice collection. As I stated before, good luck with whichever way you wish to go.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

69_500

Not sure that you don't already know how I'd vote here.

Sell the 68 and the 70, and get a Daytona, and keep Dana.

Problem solved.  JK

gtx6970

I vote just sell them all and buy a new Challenger and be done with it

Jk,

but seriously the only one who knows how to make YOU happy is YOU, But I'd have a hard time parting with the 68 , not because of the Hemi but more for the pain of it so far and the color combo myself

hemi68charger

Quote from: gtx6970 on August 03, 2008, 11:14:48 AM
I vote just sell them all and buy a new Challenger and be done with it

Jk,

Man Bill, I was about to disown you........   :icon_smile_big:

But, I understand you...........
Troy

gtx6970

while I think about it, did you get the ground cable ?

hemi68charger

Quote from: gtx6970 on August 03, 2008, 08:39:26 PM
while I think about it, did you get the ground cable ?

Yeap.. had it waiting for me here at home after Guard Duty yesterday.... Thanks............  :2thumbs:

One thing for sure, if the '68 goes to the new owner, it will be a very detailed machine............
Troy

TUFCAT

I say skip the Daytona....then you'll have a beautiful 68, 69, and 70 trio!  :cheers:

AKcharger

Did you have the car acid dipped? the bottom of the car is truel remarkable!

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

fc7_plumcrazy

Hi Troy,

the LL1 Charger looks marvelous.
I would never sell it to get a winged car.
I wished I could afford your LL1 Charger.

Best wishes from germany

Carsten

hemi68charger

Here's the fender tag....... It's original, hence the pitting here and there... If I was going to keep her, I might contemplate getting a new one.. I made sure I painted the one screw and left the other one natural...

Troy
Troy