News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

More pics 08/09/08: Paint's Done !!! My Hemi Charger R/T.........

Started by hemi68charger, July 30, 2008, 07:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69*F5*SE

Congrats on the progress it looks amazing.   :drool5:

70charginglizard

That looks terrific!

I really like the blue. If mine wasn't green, that would have been my next choice.

Can't wait to see it all back together. :yesnod: :cheers:
70charginglizard

RT DAVE

Very nice.  Quite possibly the best factory color for a 68!  Congrats!  :2thumbs:
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Spike

Mfr426

Holy load nice paint and STRAIGHT panels! Kudos for the block work.

Rolling_Thunder

NICE!!!    Good luck with getting her back together troy!
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

4speed

MichaelRW

A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

charge-it

Absolutly gorgeous! Did you ever have a chance to find out what brand/paint code they used for the tail panel blackout?
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

EMCustoms

I looked over that car when I picked up the doors to my 68.  It looked great, I hope to see it when completed.  I plan to have the same shop work on mine since my last body man screwed my over.  My car is in worse shape then when I left it with him.

Steve P.

Very sweet. Some things are REALLLLLLY worth waiting for.. This is one of them.. She looks great...  :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

bzabodyn

Color looks great in the sun, Troy - congrats on getting this far... now let's see some assembly!

Keep us posted and have fun - might not have too much more time with her!

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

The70RT

My Goodness...... :2thumbs: It would be hard to part with it after it's all done.....but it isn't like your not replacing it with something you always wanted.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

19Charger68

That is just flat outstanding - beautiful color - bet you just cannot wait to put her back together!!  Excellent Job!
Bruce

4aThrill

sweet color, looks  :drool5:.   I just had one question Troy in the wheel wells the black was that stock or is that just because, just wondering since my car is about to be painted.

The70RT

Quote from: 4aThrill on July 31, 2008, 05:47:01 PM
sweet color, looks  :drool5:.   I just had one question Troy in the wheel wells the black was that stock or is that just because, just wondering since my car is about to be painted.

Paint the wells body color then undercoat them. I think that's what he did. I just did the same.

hemi-hampton

The factory did undercoat the wheel wells only, Unless you paid extra for the J55 Option. Then the entire undercarriage got under coated, Like this 69 Road Runner I just restored. LEON.

4aThrill

Quote from: The70RT on July 31, 2008, 05:52:59 PM

Paint the wells body color then undercoat them. I think that's what he did. I just did the same.

thankx for the info, I will do the same too make sense too. paint body color and then paint over it  :cheers:

pettyfan43

That looks GREAT. Sorry to hear about the problems with the guy that painted it before. I hate to hear of him doing business that way.

I am really looking forward to seeing that thing finished.

hemi68charger

As eluded to just moments ago, I duplicated as close as possible the pattern that was originally sprayed. I referenced pics from my collection prior to disassembly....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Big Lebowski

Quote from: hemi68charger on July 31, 2008, 08:31:10 PM

As eluded to just moments ago, I duplicated as close as possible the pattern that was originally sprayed. I referenced pics from my collection prior to disassembly....

Troy

That's how you do it, the detail under the Charger is sweet, that extra effort counts.  :2thumbs:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

hemi68charger

Well, she's home safe and secure.. No chips or scratches in the process........   :2thumbs:

Thanks to Scott and Charles for helping me get her home... The LL1 Road Runner is Charles'.. We repainted his dash frame and keep the car here in my garage while mine was in the shop...

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

The70RT

Cool. I bet that new garage is looking sweet. Are you planning on spraying the radiator support black?