News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

got a package today

Started by Ryan, August 06, 2008, 06:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan

my 5 speed keisler TKO 600 kit showed up  :drool5:

Pics of the install will come soon, as I am pulling the 4 speed as we speek
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

1969chargerrtse

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. :yesnod:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

chargerman68

what was the out the door price
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Ryan

4000 and some change dilivered to my door

2014 viper TA

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

CharcoalCharger

Wow, $4000.  That is half of what I paid to buy my Charger.  I wouldn't mind getting that trans myself, but man, that's a lot.  Congrats though, should be sweet.   :2thumbs:

Rolling_Thunder

make sure they sent you the correct pilot bushing.   Keisler sent me the wrong one twice.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Ryan

2014 viper TA

69charger2002

the TKO 5 speed from keisler in my 74 cuda cost $4600. lucklily i wasn't the one who forked out the money. that came with clutch, everything.. it was useless with my 3.23 rear, so i put in 4.11's, WOW talk about perfect. hauls ass off the line and still cruises at 70 mph. it is so awesome
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

RallyeMike

QuotePics of the install will come soon, as I am pulling the 4 speed as we speek

Damn. And I thought I was a good multi-tasker. Don't get any grease on the keyboard.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Ryan

got the tranny out. Anyone want a 18 spline hemi 4 speed?

ya I agree the tko swap is very pricey, but it is going to make the car feel completly different and very enjoyable to drive. Especially when I finish bolting in the 4:10 dana :yesnod:

2014 viper TA

six-tee-nine

I would love one of those, but I'm still not convinced of their strength behind a 600 HP stroker with sticky tires, so I'll keep my 18 spline...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Mike DC

Travis, it surprises me that a TKO still left you unhappy with a 3.23 rearend.  The 1st gear ratio in that thing is usually like a 3.2 or something.  The old-school 2.45 Torqueflite was a 2.45 1st gear, and even the A-833's 1st gear was only a little bit lower.

By modern ponycar standards a 3.23 is not even a particularly high gear anymore.  Even with overdrive trannys.

I know they were putting 3.08 gearing in Vipers for a long time.  And that 6spd also had a second OD ratio of like 0.50 to go along with it.

Ryan

I think it was the .63 OD and the 3.23 that he was unhappy with. That combo would litteraly be idling down the freeway

2014 viper TA

suntech

QuoteI think it was the .63 OD and the 3.23 that he was unhappy with. That combo would litteraly be idling down the freeway
Is kinda cool to cruise down the freeway, doing 70, @ 1800/ 1900 rpm though. Just make sure you have enaugh torque to back up the ratio :D :D
I think it is a nice ratio, if you have a big volume, high torque engine!! I have a 3.25 Mark Williams Modular to put on mine.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

charger_fan_4ever

wow $4000 plus

I wonder why so much? Must have been one in a baret jackson mopar lol

I put a new tko 600 in my 89 mustang a couple years back and it was $1,850 plus shipping. With the tremec bell and pro 5.0 shifter it was under $2,500 shipped.

guess the prices gone up a bit $1,975 @ jegs and $200 for the bell and GM prices are the same

http://www.jegs.com/i/Steeda/957/TCET4617/10002/-1

still for a mopar double the price??????

69charger2002

Quote from: Ryan on August 07, 2008, 10:28:45 AM
I think it was the .63 OD and the 3.23 that he was unhappy with. That combo would litteraly be idling down the freeway

exactly. mike it wasn't so much that it wouldn't take off decently.. though the 4.11 is a noticeable difference on takeoff. it was the fact that i had to go 80 it seemed like to even use 5th.. never thought i'd have that problem in a mopar.. even as it is if i'm just cruising and go to 5th at 50 or so it almost bogs a little as the rpm's are around 1400-1500.. i have the idle pretty high as it is because of the cam. it's a pretty high compression 440(running half 93 half 112 race fuel)

trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Ryan

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on August 07, 2008, 02:56:55 PM
wow $4000 plus

I wonder why so much? Must have been one in a baret jackson mopar lol

I put a new tko 600 in my 89 mustang a couple years back and it was $1,850 plus shipping. With the tremec bell and pro 5.0 shifter it was under $2,500 shipped.

guess the prices gone up a bit $1,975 @ jegs and $200 for the bell and GM prices are the same

http://www.jegs.com/i/Steeda/957/TCET4617/10002/-1

still for a mopar double the price??????

its 4K because its a complete bolt in kit. You need to supply absolutly nothing for this swap.

TKO's are 2 grand plus this one is modified to fit a b-body plus has a mid shift conversion which runs about $250
the bellhousing is $300
clutch $250
driveshaft $300 ???
speedo cable
pistol grip shifter $300
crossmember
tunnel patch

so whats all that, about 3,500 bucks or so, then there was shipping,  add another $100 and keisler makes a some profit like any honest business that puts out a well designed product should.

This is going to be the absolute best mod I have ever done to this car

2014 viper TA

charger_fan_4ever

ok now it makes sense.

I thought it was just the trans,bell and shifter.

Those trannies shift nice as long as you don't try to powershift them.

Mike DC

Quotemike it wasn't so much that it wouldn't take off decently.. though the 4.11 is a noticeable difference on takeoff. it was the fact that i had to go 80 it seemed like to even use 5th.. never thought i'd have that problem in a mopar.. even as it is if i'm just cruising and go to 5th at 50 or so it almost bogs a little as the rpm's are around 1400-1500.. i have the idle pretty high as it is because of the cam. it's a pretty high compression 440(running half 93 half 112 race fuel)

Oh that makes more sense.  Especially with a higher cammed/compression motor. 

My ideal streetable car would still be geared virtually that high, but it would also be a lower-RPM-comfortable type of torque motor.   

When you get right down to it, half the driving we do in the modern world is at highway speeds.  These days even the totally urban freeways are packed full of Corollas maintaining a steady-state 75mph (with about 3 feet between one bumper and the next).

suntech

QuoteMy ideal streetable car would still be geared virtually that high, but it would also be a lower-RPM-comfortable type of torque motor
That is the road i am going.
3.25 rearend, and .62 on 6th.  :2thumbs:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

charge-it

Are you serious about getting rid of the 18 spline? If so send me a pm.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com