News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

More pics 08/09/08: Paint's Done !!! My Hemi Charger R/T.........

Started by hemi68charger, July 30, 2008, 07:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Well, after 6 LONG years, a former body man boning me and finally taking it to another shop, my LL1 turquoise '68 Hemi Charger R/T is finally done.... The last thing was the wheel well undercoating ( Yes, I know, the line is too crisp)............ She looks great I must say and I'm very happy... She's pretty close to perfect for me, prefection I can't afford that, but I tried to make every attempt in attention to detail pay off... I went by yesterday to see her and wow.......  I'll pick her up Friday with the assistance of a friend of mine with an enclosed trailer........ Here's a previous thead to a thread to a thread, blah blah blah...

Thanks to all for their support through the long dilemma, which initially worked out, but soured after the 4.5 year mark with the previous company.

Now, it's time to start putting her together and see if I can get that elusive Daytona.. One side of me doesn't want to get rid of her because of all the grief, patience and work I've done with her, but the other side is so looking forward to the possibility of a winged Dodge in my garage......

Previous thread link on the restoration

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

more
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

hemi68charger

more 2
Troy

hemi68charger

more 3
Troy

hemi68charger

last one....................  Now, on home and some cool new parts to put on...................
Troy

charge69

It is looking really nice Troy!   Gotta be a very happy day when you get her home.  Cannot wait to see her on the road!

Carl

Shakey

hemi68charger

Quote from: charge69 on July 30, 2008, 07:51:38 AM
It is looking really nice Troy!   Gotta be a very happy day when you get her home.  Cannot wait to see her on the road!

Carl

Thanks Carl and Shakey...

Carl, I emailed you, but it bounced back... The next "show" is the Halloween Open Car Show. It's listed on our club's site... Email me again and I'll get you the info...
Troy

PocketThunder

Is that plate just rear of where the leaf spring bolts to the frame a hemi car reinforcement only?

Very nice car Troy :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

SnoPro440

2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 30, 2008, 08:22:34 AM
Is that plate just rear of where the leaf spring bolts to the frame a hemi car reinforcement only?

Very nice car Troy :2thumbs:

Paul,, yes............ it is............ You'll also see the pinion snubber reenforcement plate and torque boxes....................

Troy
Troy

paironines

The underside looks great!  Is the grey color paint or primer cleared or ?  It looks slick.

charge69

Troy, I got the email with the attachment about the show.  When I tried to forward it to another person, it told me it was unsuccessful too!  Must be something in the application.  Anyway I did get it .  Thanks.    Again, your Charger looks awesome!  I think you said earlier it will be a white vinyl top and interior car when done.  Great combo on that color.

hemi68charger

Quote from: paironines on July 30, 2008, 08:37:20 AM
The underside looks great!  Is the grey color paint or primer cleared or ?  It looks slick.

It's the Dark Dip Primer paint from Dave Patik over at Performance Car Graphics. It's suppose to simulate the factory primer color, but with the quality of paint. The primer paint doesn't have clear like the base coat / clear coat of the exterior of the car... I love it.. It'll be nice and smooth for easy cleaning............... With the added bonus of the OEM look...........
Troy

Hemidoug

OOOOOOHHHHH my GOD!!!!!! That thing is just stunning! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: I can't wait to see it done. You gonna drive it or push it on and off the trailerĀ  :smilielol: ? Good luck with her Troy....It's all down hill from here buddy!
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Charger-Bodie

Looking REALLY nice!!! You must be stoked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Kevin68N71

Wow, you could EAT off that thing!

That aqua is always one of my favorite colors, and you never see it enough.  One of the first Chargers I ever wanted was that color, but I didn't have the cash at that point (no comments about the green one I ended up with!).  They also made an aqua for the AMX, with white stripes it was stunning.

That car is CRISP!
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

firefighter3931

Outstanding....that car is gonna be sweet  :drool5:

Can't wait to see it finished !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Sinister68

Looks real good, Troy!  :2thumbs:

I'm kinda hoping you keep it! :D
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

moparstuart

good for you troy , looks awesome and i know how it feels to be on the down hill side of a long drawn out storied resto . congrat's
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparchris

Troy,
The Charger looks great :2thumbs:  Now the real fun begins. . .
Are you gonna drop the body over the drivetrain or are you gonna drop the motor in from above?

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparchris on July 30, 2008, 11:30:42 AM
Troy,
The Charger looks great :2thumbs:  Now the real fun begins. . .
Are you gonna drop the body over the drivetrain or are you gonna drop the motor in from above?

Plans are to drop the body over the drivetrain/front suspension...........
Troy

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T