News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paint and Interior color for my Future Clone! Poll!

Started by WingCharger, July 28, 2008, 06:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, time to choose the paint and interior color for my future clone. What should I do? (Read below poll first!!)

Black, White Stripe, Saddle Interior
0 (0%)
Black, Red Stripe, Red interior
3 (11.5%)
Black, Red Stripe, Saddle Interior
1 (3.8%)
Hemi Orange, Black Stripe, Black Interior
6 (23.1%)
Hemi Orange, Black Stripe, Saddle Interior
2 (7.7%)
MoonLight Blue Metallic (Aussie Daytona Color), White Stripe, White Interior
6 (23.1%)
White, Red Stripe, White Interior
0 (0%)
White, Black Stripe, Black Interior
1 (3.8%)
White, Red Stripe, Saddle Interior
0 (0%)
White, Red Stripe, Red Interior
7 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: August 07, 2008, 06:50:52 PM

WingCharger

It will be a Hemi Daytona 4-Speed clone, with body matching steelies, dog dish hubcaps, and redlines.

With the official planning and price calculations starting on my future clone (even though I dont have a charger :icon_smile_big:), it is time to decide color and interior. So, I have gotten to the 10 combos I want. Time for you to choose. My favorite are 2, 3, and 10, but like them all the same pretty much. So, What should I do?
The main problem I see is finding red interior parts like arm rests and dashs, and door panels and upper pads.

hotrod98

That's why they make spray paint...dammit.
Wait a minute...shouldn't you be more worried about whether there will be any Chargers left to buy when you're ready to start on this wing car? Time to start mowing some lawns and washing some cars grasshopper. Time's a wastin'.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Troy

Decide on the color when you have to hand over the money at the paint store. If you're like everyone else you'll change your mind 100 times before then.

I agree with hotrod98, helps immensely to have a car first.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemigeno

What happened to F5 Green?

:scratchchin: :shruggy:

Quote from: WingCharger on June 26, 2008, 08:44:53 PM
my dream Daytona, F5 Medium Green, everything.

Quote from: WingCharger on June 21, 2008, 09:30:50 AM
Were vinyl roofs on 1968-1970 Charger ever availabe in F5 Medium Green Irid? That is the color I want to paint my Charger

From the "If you could step back in time, what Mopar would you order" thread:
Quote from: WingCharger on June 15, 2008, 08:01:18 AM
1969 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T SE, F5 Medium Green Irid., 426 Hemi 2+4, 8 3/4" Dana 60 Sure-Grip, Super Trac Pack, Power Sunroof, 4 Speed Manual,

Quote from: WingCharger on June 28, 2008, 08:23:27 AM
Do you have a full car pic of the F5 Green Daytona? ??  :drool5: :drool5: That is my favorite stock Daytona Color!!

Like everyone is saying - don't bother picking colors for a project like that until it's ready to roll into the paint booth.

moparstuart

I vote F6 green  white gut   white wing    best color combo ever on a daytona  :Twocents: :Twocents:  get a car
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Big Lebowski

I voted for the White, Black Stripe, Black Interior.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

hotrod98

Here's an example for you...I originally planned to paint my clone red. Then I decided that since I was using a real triple black R/T SE Charger for the donor car, that I should paint it black.
Changed my mind again and bought two gallons of PR3 Performance red and proceeded to paint some of the parts. Guess what?  I'm seriously considering changing my mind again and going back to black. The red is not doing it for me. Thankfully, I get my paint at cost so it won't be too expensive to change the color again.
Besides, I can always use the red on my 70 Camaro SS RS.
This is the only car out of the 15 cars that I presently own that I have had a problem with the choosing color for.
Trust me. You will change your mind a hundred times over the next 20 years or so while you're building this car.  ::)

Don't lose focus and that car will be a reality some day. I have faith in you grasshopper.  :2thumbs:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

nelson_audet

my vote is White, Red Stripe, Red Interior

in quebec a guy own a real hemi daytona with this combos.
69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

terrible one

I'll bet that when you have your Charger, the color combo that you or someone here picks won't appeal to you anymore. Trust me, once you actually have the car and begin putting money into it, it's a whole different story. You will realize that it is a REAL financial and physical CHALLENGE restoring a Mopar by yourself, and you will stop fantasizing about what you want and concentrating on what you can actually do. I'm telling you, I've wanted a Charger since I was 11, got one when I was 15, and am now 18 and just want the thing on the road. I could still spend forever dreaming about my Charger and looking at shiny parts for it and paint, etc. but you aren't going to be starting with a laser straight, complete Charger ready for paint, so don't start your plans there either. Leave the beautiful restorations, Daytona clones (probably a good $15k just to convert a GOOD Charger and do paint and body), etc. behind and concentrate on finding a solid start and going from there.  :Twocents:

Don't think I'm trying to knock you either!

six-tee-nine

I know it's hard I still dont know what to choose.
Anyway i voted for black outside with red stripe ans red int. because that will probably my setup for the 69.

In fact the only thing I am sure about at this point is my interior since it is ordered (a red one) and I'll stick to it. But IMO that still gives me 3 possible exterior colors that are still in the running : black, white or silver (like Pat's 68).

I'll probably cause sleepless nights upon till the last moment.....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...