News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

does anyone do a bulge hood in steel?

Started by mikesbbody, May 24, 2006, 05:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ghoul

Quote from: twilt on May 25, 2006, 06:49:53 AM
Here is a link to another post.  Scroll down and  read what drop top has to say about fiberglass parts. This is coming from a man that is very well respected around here and does body and paint for a living.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,1224.0.html

My sole intent here is to help people, who don't know better,  to make well thought out decisions.
In my opinion buying glass is spending a dollar trying to save a dime.
Again hate to be difficult here but that same thing can be said for any aftermarket reproduction part. If you are looking for a perfect fit you have to find an original and massage it back into shape.
I am trying to do the same thing presenting the information that I have seen and experienced. I just want to cut through the misinterpreting and parroting of information, which happens very commonly on forums.
All I am trying to say in all of this is.
You have to find a good manufacturer to get a good part.
A good fiberglass hood will require no more prep work than a metal one.
A fiberglass piece will never look or fit exactly like a stock one but its not as bad as people are making it out to be.

RD

Quote from: twilt on May 24, 2006, 07:52:51 PM
I dont see ebay as the problem. For me at has been great. I`d much rather ebay than scrounge swap meets or do biz with most (not all) of the major mopar salvage yards.  a sample of the awesome deals i have found.  7 parts cars @$500 or less (to include 3 power bulge hoods), cherry 71 71 R/T hood for $375, 2 mint 72 fenders $120, 73-74 rear valance with cut-outs $28.50, 4 am/fm radios @$50 or less, and lots lots more.  I see a lot worse prices everyday right here in the parts for sale section.  

how true is that!  I hope I am not one of those guys :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

twilt

Quote from: RD on May 25, 2006, 09:53:11 AM

how true is that!  I hope I am not one of those guys :D

Nope, you are not. would do biz with you anytime.

chargerkid

This post is going crazy.  I have the answer.  Mike...Just buy a bulge hood from me at Carlisle!

The bulge hoods are getting crazy.  I think someday it will be reproduced.  Look at the Challenger hood thats reproduced.  There was alot of 71-4 Chargers made so why not.   I don't see it being done in the near future by any means. Yes..it's expensive to make.  I know since I am doing the bumper fillers as we speak.  How about that for you 73-74 lovers?

The Ghoul

mikesbbody

chargerkid, its rob isnt it? this is mike from new zealand im quite surprised with all the feedback, comments, and advice from the guys and appreciate all thats been said btw rob, im coming to the usa and carlisle i hope to see you and jimmy there mike.

hemihead

Quote from: chargerkid on May 25, 2006, 02:21:55 PM
This post is going crazy.  I have the answer.  Mike...Just buy a bulge hood from me at Carlisle!

The bulge hoods are getting crazy.  I think someday it will be reproduced.  Look at the Challenger hood thats reproduced.  There was alot of 71-4 Chargers made so why not.   I don't see it being done in the near future by any means. Yes..it's expensive to make.  I know since I am doing the bumper fillers as we speak.  How about that for you 73-74 lovers?
At least someone sees the light.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

The Ghoul

Quote from: mikesbbody on May 25, 2006, 10:00:58 PM

chargerkid, its rob isnt it? this is mike from new zealand im quite surprised with all the feedback, comments, and advice from the guys and appreciate all thats been said btw rob, im coming to the usa and carlisle i hope to see you and jimmy there mike.
Yep that's Rob.
I saw the progress on them so far and they look amazing! Cant wait to get my set. 

AKcharger

I talked to one out fit at Carlise that said they were going to start on '71-74 bulge hoods 1st and work on ram charger hoods next...but I forgot who they were  :slap: anyone else hear about that?