News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bought a Chebby yesterday... don't be hatin'.

Started by NYCMille, October 20, 2005, 08:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCMille

Hey guys -

I have had a soft spot for an early 70's split bumper Camaro for a long time. Anyway while cruising through the internet I happened to come upon one in Staten Island (I live in Queens). Exterior and Engine have just been redone and are in great shape - there is NO RUST on this car and with the 4-speed and 4:10s it downright boogie's. The interior needs a complete redo, but the owner had ALL the parts in boxes - new headliner, new dash pad, 4-speed center console, rear seats, new front spoiler, all emblems, also have all locks and doors panals - EVERYTHING - it just needs to be put back together. I have this thing ripping up the pavement in no time.

Specs are as follows:

- 1970 Camaro z28 Clone
- 350 Small Block .040 over
- 520 lift cam / .292 duration
- Single plane intake
- 750 Demon Race carb.
- Full MSD ignition
- 4-speed M-21 Muncie
- Centerforce clutch
- 4:10 gears with 10 bolt rear
- Moser axles
- Compton Engineering 3 way adjustable shocks
- 4 wheel disc brakes

Just thought I'd share - best part is the wife can drive it and she loves the car - she'll be bangin' gears right next to me next season!

Blown70

That is ok,  I do like those a bit myself...... not enough right now as I am building by Charger and would not take $$ from that but.... have fun with it.

Blown70

cudaken

Well, hum, ah, hum. ???

Not sure what to say.

Just kidding, they are good looking cars. Besides, if it where not for belly buttons all we could do is pick on Fords ;D

Cuda Ken
I am back

CB

I like it.
Looks like a nice machine.
Good luck with her!
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

ramit

I love those camaros, especially in nevada silver with black stripes.  Those are probably one of the only chevys I would consider buying.

jgbailey57

Sweet ride.  That was one of my dream cars until I stumbled across the Charger.
'69 Charger R/T patiently waiting in line to be restored... NOT WAITING ANYMORE!!!

4402tuff4u

Looks pretty nice and straight!! Congrats and enjoy it! :icon_smile_big:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

70charginglizard

Hey, At least it's CLASSIC american muscle.

You got my  :2thumbs:
70charginglizard

BrianShaughnessy

Ahh... brings back the old days of cruising my friend's real 70.5 Z28....   He only put about 3 or 4 motors into it while he had it back when.    My Charger always had the same 440 from the day I got it till I sold it.     It was a kickazz car tho.

Congrats.   Good luck!     
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

NYCMille

I've always liked this car - it will be a fun toy for awhile. As far as I am concerned the Camaro is just that... a toy - like I told my wife last night, we'll probably keep it for awhile, have fun with it and then sell it. When you put it next to the Charger though, it can't hold a candle in ANY respects - there is just no comparison between the two cars. Don't get me wrong, I like my Camaro, but you'd have to pry the keys to my Charger from my cold dead hands.

Shakey

I posted yesterday how I always liked Torino's....

Well, I have always liked the pre '74, post '69 Camaro's also.  Gotta have the split bumper or I don't want it!

Excellent score!

I like projects that are almost done, especially the hard parts.

Well done!

dkn1997

Hey mike,  I know I suggested a demon carb for the 440, but that's one hell of a box for it to come in!

RECHRGED

Charger_Fan

Great looking car!
I like 'em too...in fact, my favorite colors on those is either yellow or red, with black stripes. :icon_smile_big:

One thing's for sure...if you get in a fender bender, you can still get every part you need!

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

plum500

Just 6T9 CHGR

SI huh?  Never seen that one out yet........

Good find :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

71Charger500

My brother drives a similar 72.  I prefer some mopars, but I still love chevy.  My dad originally got me into muscle cars as a kid, taking me in cruises in his 67 Chevelle and his 67 vet.  The vetts got "8 pack" dual 4 barrel carb.  Its badass.  Anyway, looks like a sweet machine.
1971 Charger 500 383 mod...
Takin' names on the open road.

BigBlackDodge

SLIKK 70

That's my second favorite year of Camaro.  Nice car! :thumbs:

Khyron

very nice car..... I like all makes and models of American Muscle.... so you get my :thumbs: also :D

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TruckDriver

I love the older Cameros! And I like your car!!! Awsome score! :2thumbs:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

ChargerBill

Not a hater here. Someday I'll own:

'69 Firebird
'67 Chevelle SS
'65 427 Vette
'59 Impala

I also currently own a '56 Chevy Custom Cab pick-up
Life is a highway...

bull

Nuthin' wrong with that. As long as there's no computer with in 10 feet of it I'm all for it. One of these days I might talk myself into owning a '67 or '68 Camaro. The '70+ is a little too Rockford Files for my taste but it's a sweet ride nontheless.

TeeWJay426

No problem here either.... classic American muscle comes in more than just Pentastar varieties! Good score- enjoy! :thumbs:
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

firefighter3931

How could you !!   :D Actually, i like those 70-71 camaros the best of all. That cowl induction scoop gives it some attitude as well....nice score, i'd drive it.   :thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

derailed

Sweet lookin ride :thumbs I think i like those year Camaros the best as a matter of fact as well as the Firebirds, sounds like a healthy combo under the hood as well

Lowprofile

Very Nice. Love the taillights on those cars. Cowl induction hoods look great on them. Those wheels weigh a ton! Get you some 15x8 Rally wheels. With minimal work, those cars handle like they are on a rail! Have fun and enjoy!
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

andy74

i have 2 15x8 rally wheels off my old z 28 if your intrested,love those cars-i had a real hot 74 z 28 for a long time,sold it 2 years ago to finish the charger-still miss it sometimes-andy