News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

can a 72 charger heater/ac box for a 74 charger??

Started by rudyjrusa, July 06, 2008, 09:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

someone has a clean 72 charger heater/ac box and would like to know if it can be used for a 1974 charger??

Charger74SE

Quote from: rudyjrusa on July 06, 2008, 09:17:23 AM
someone has a clean 72 charger heater/ac box and would like to know if it can be used for a 1974 charger??
Can they send you some pics of it.  If it looks exactly like the pics below then it should be no problem.
Are you still looking for bumper brackets?

Mike

2012 Charger SE
1974 Charger SE
USAF and A&P mechanic retired.

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Charger74SE on July 07, 2008, 06:58:59 AM
Quote from: rudyjrusa on July 06, 2008, 09:17:23 AM
Can they send you some pics of it.  If it looks exactly like the pics below then it should be no problem.
Are you still looking for bumper brackets?

Mike

thanks for the pictures - still deciding on bumper brackets.

BROCK

Well Rudy, does the 72 & 74 look just alike? :popcrn:

Great pics Mike!!!!!!!!!

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

rudyjrusa

Quote from: BROCK on July 20, 2008, 12:46:03 PM
Well Rudy, does the 72 & 74 look just alike? :popcrn:

Great pics Mike!!!!!!!!!

yes they do - so 71, 72, 73 and 74 charger heater/ac units are the same???  the controls are different.

BROCK

Yes, there are 2 styles of controls that I know of & see no reason not to
interchange them on the same car.  Thanks for confirming the interchangabilty!!!

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Nacho-RT74

everything on AC or Heater are interchangeable as far you have the complete setup for the right car. I mean...

Heater box ( or A/C ) to a heater firewall... the main diff is as far I know the blower cooling line access and of course the in/out lines.

Wiring and controls are the same ( same as above, between Heater and A/C setups themself ) EXCEPT for the lever fan switch plug... if you find the right plug to the right control you can easilly interchange using your actual wiring.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on July 23, 2008, 05:01:04 AM
everything on AC or Heater are interchangeable as far you have the complete setup for the right car. I mean...

Heater box ( or A/C ) to a heater firewall... the main diff is as far I know the blower cooling line access and of course the in/out lines.

Wiring and controls are the same ( same as above, between Heater and A/C setups themself ) EXCEPT for the lever fan switch plug... if you find the right plug to the right control you can easilly interchange using your actual wiring.

72 heater/ac box also uses screws to hold unit together - 73/74 heater/ac boxes use screws on the sides and clips top and bottm.