News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sell 68 RT for 09 RT?

Started by RT DAVE, July 22, 2008, 09:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT DAVE

I'm not going to do anything stupid like order one before I drive or see it in person.   I talked to my dealer (dodge, not drug) about this scenario (selling the 68) and he told me I would regret it.  I think I will replace or 02 intrepid with a used chally in a few years... 

I don't know how much I'll regret selling the car.  It would be going to an old high school friend, so I would know where it was.  We even have an agreement in place for me to buy it back if he decides to sell in the future.   I don't know if knowing where it is will make it better or worse if I decide I want it back or miss it.   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Joshua

Ever get that guy who asks about your Charger at the gas station/grocery store/etc.... and says he had one "just" like it back in HS.....but he sold it and wished he'd still had it?

Don't be THAT guy....... :icon_smile_big:

Blown70

Quote from: Joshua on July 23, 2008, 10:30:17 AM
Ever get that guy who asks about your Charger at the gas station/grocery store/etc.... and says he had one "just" like it back in HS.....but he sold it and wished he'd still had it?

hahahahah yes, THAT GUY

charger_fan_4ever

In 5 years the challenger will be worth 1/2 or less of what you paid. The 68 rt will just keep climbing in value. Not to mention the fact these 2 cars are not even close to being on the same page.

Triple black 68 rt is my dram car. Had to start with this 70 r/t i bought. Hopefully one day i will be able to swap it for a 68 rt or sell it and buy a 68 outright.

If your 68 wasn't a real r/t might be a different story, but still old school rocks :)

Brock Samson

Quote from: Blown70 on July 23, 2008, 10:36:13 AM

hahahahah yes, THAT GUY

you mean "Those Guys"..   :lol:

Blown70

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 23, 2008, 10:40:50 AM
Quote from: Blown70 on July 23, 2008, 10:36:13 AM

hahahahah yes, THAT GUY

you mean "Those Guys"..   :lol:

Sorry yea, english class strikes again......... :slap:

Brock Samson

if i only had a buck for all the guys who said they used to have one "just like it"... I'd be filthy stinkin rich.

Blown70

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 23, 2008, 12:21:28 PM
if i only had a buck for all the guys who said they used to have one "just like it"... I'd be filthy stinkin rich.

No, most of "those guys" always had something just a bit more special.  Like a 440 six-pack or you know the 440 HEMI.  They of course know more about your car than you do, ALWAYS.

challenger70

Quote from: Joshua on July 22, 2008, 05:45:11 PM
Quote from: RT DAVE on July 22, 2008, 09:03:52 AM
Anybody else here thinking about dumping their old one for a new one?      

No.....I mean hell no.... that's crazy talk.....trading a cool, old car that appreciates in value and can be handed down to my son, for a POS, NEW car, that'll have warranty issues, every Tom, Dick, and Harry will have one, and loses value with age.....

Yeah...it's a no-brainer.... :cheers:

:iagree: :2thumbs:  I went the opposite route I was planning on getting a new Challenger and thought about the points listed above and when I saw how FAT the Challenger is and the IRS,  I decided it was time to but the car I wanted since I was 12 a '68 Charger.  Absolutely no comparison between one of the nicest looking cars ever produced to a fat, bloated looking Challenger shape tossed on top of a 4 door Charger Chassis.
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger
'70  440 727 FY1 Challenger

RT DAVE

All of this was probably premature.  I've been told that it looks better in person than in pictures and I'm kinda ridin' the fence in regards to it's appearance.  I probably should just settle for driving my Magnum R/T as it is probably roughly the equivalent in the cockpit.   Probably isn't but I'm going to tell myself that. 

charger01

Quote from: RT DAVE on July 23, 2008, 12:56:07 PM
All of this was probably premature.  I've been told that it looks better in person than in pictures and I'm kinda ridin' the fence in regards to it's appearance.  I probably should just settle for driving my Magnum R/T as it is probably roughly the equivalent in the cockpit.   Probably isn't but I'm going to tell myself that. 

That's the truth.  Saw one in person last week for the first time.  It's the baddest looking car built in the last 35 :yesnod: :drool5: :icon_smile_big: years...

Back N Black

Saw one in person last week and it looks FAT!  if i had that kind of money to invest, it would be old school muscle.  :Twocents:

Supercharged Riot

RT DAVE

Quote from: Supercharged Riot on July 23, 2008, 07:08:32 PM
Sell your car to me  :yesnod:

I just filled the tank.  9.8 mpg @55 mph.   Still want it?

keepat

The car is a little fat and it drives more like a mid-size car then a pony-car But other then that it's a GREAT car! Here are some more pictures
Pat

This pic shows how fat the back of the Challenger is to the Charger

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: RT DAVE on July 23, 2008, 07:53:51 PM

But it's a classic, not a daily driver. :shruggy:  I'd wait a year or two as the first year is o.k, but then they really tweek it nice and add scoops and stripes as the years progress.  Kinda how the 69 is way better looking, driving, braking, riding, and owning than the 68.   :smilielol: :smilielol: :nana: 
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Big Lebowski

First take your '68 Charger in and offer to trade it in, maybe as an even trade or, if your cars worth more, then tell them "Give me a new Challenger and $5000" Then watch them cough & choke. Some Dodge salesmen are rude enough to only offer you half of what your car is worth while marking up the new Challengers.
    I used to take my six-pack Charger to the local Dodge dealership car shows (mainly for the free hot dogs). One time, at one of these shows, a truck salesman was trying real hard to sell me a sweet new 2500 Quad cab longbed 4x4 truck. He wanted $35,000 for the truck and I wanted $50,000 for my Charger, at that point he offered me $14,000 for my Charger as a trade in...I said "No deal, go get me some more free hot dogs".
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

G-man

Quote from: keepat on July 23, 2008, 09:13:29 PM
The car is a little fat and it drives more like a mid-size car then a pony-car But other then that it's a GREAT car! Here are some more pictures
Pat

This pic shows how fat the back of the Challenger is to the Charger

Hell dude, that Charger absolutely smokes those other cars in looks. I know Id turn far from that challenger after seeing those pics.

Very nice Silver  :2thumbs:

Mike DC

The new Chally looks awesome as long as you're comparing it to modern cars, and you don't have an actual old musclecar in the frame as a reference point.  The Chally just looks too big & rounded in comparison to an old one.

The new Chally is still one of the two or three best-looking musclecars in the last 20 years though, that's for sure.  The new (2005+) Mustang is the only other American sports car that's even in the ballpark with it.

RT DAVE

I just priced an 09 RT with six speed with almost all the goodies.   $37K!  OMG that's alota cash. 

Charger_Fan

Quote from: RT DAVE on July 22, 2008, 11:58:45 AM
how badass is it to let a cool car like that just sit in your garage?  I don't drive it more than 200 miles a year.  I think I've put 2000 miles on it the whole time I've owned it...   
That's your problem...you need to drive that Charger more! If you did, this thread would probably never have been even thought of in the first place. ;)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

gordo1968charger

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on July 24, 2008, 10:07:31 AM
Quote from: RT DAVE on July 22, 2008, 11:58:45 AM
how badass is it to let a cool car like that just sit in your garage?  I don't drive it more than 200 miles a year.  I think I've put 2000 miles on it the whole time I've owned it...   
That's your problem...you need to drive that Charger more! If you did, this thread would probably never have been even thought of in the first place. ;)
fookin a
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

charger_fan_4ever

I'd think with a set of aluminum heads/intake,headers and a custom cam(made for low end grunt) with the tallest tire you can fit and 3.23 gears your mileage would actually increase.

all joking aside this thread is a hoakes right :P

RT DAVE

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on July 24, 2008, 01:31:59 PM

I'd think with a set of aluminum heads/intake,headers and a custom cam(made for low end grunt) with the tallest tire you can fit and 3.23 gears your mileage would actually increase.

nope.  not a hoax.  I'm getting close to listing it... 

moparstuart

Quote from: RT DAVE on July 24, 2008, 03:30:29 PM
Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on July 24, 2008, 01:31:59 PM

nope.  not a hoax.  I'm getting close to listing it... 
dont sell it dude you will regret it later !
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE