News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger windshield chrome trim install tips???

Started by oldsnofear, July 16, 2008, 03:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsnofear

Hey my 69 charger has fresh paint is there any tips on how to put the chrome trim around the windshield without scratching the paint?? i was thinking about taping the edge and maybee putting on some vaseline any input would be helpful thanks shawn

Corellian Corvette

I have had really good luck just putting a little grease (I use clear silicone) and they go in really easy. The problem is that people put them in dry. Just put some grease, go slowly. Should be fine :)

69hemi

If you bought the trim clips in a kit make sure the bottom ones are long enough.  On my car all fit good but the lower ones and I ended up having to go to the clip bin for slightly longer ones to work.  Tape around the trim and push it firmly in until it locks.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

bill440rt

Try using black electrical tape around the edge. Don't lay the tape in too far, just a little over the crease or you'll never get it off once the molding is in place. Electrical tape doesn't tear like masking tape, & is a little "slick" to help the molding slide into place.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

oldsnofear

THANKS FOR THE TIPS. WERE TACKLING IT TONIGHT. THANKS AGAIN SHAWN