News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

swaybars and subframe??

Started by Charger_Martin, July 21, 2008, 12:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Martin

What  kind swaybars fits my 69 charger? I have heard that you can get 2 different types. Which one do I need?

Also going to get subframes but is it ok with the bolt on or should I get the welded ones? Is it that big difference?
Do I need to cut out anything with the welded ones or should they fit good without doing so?

Blown70

Quote from: Charger_Martin on July 21, 2008, 12:24:17 PM
What  kind swaybars fits my 69 charger? I have heard that you can get 2 different types. Which one do I need?

Also going to get subframes but is it ok with the bolt on or should I get the welded ones? Is it that big difference?
Do I need to cut out anything with the welded ones or should they fit good without doing so?

I suggest the welded however, if you ever want them out it will be much easier to UNBOLT them then grind off 5+feet of welding.

I personally feel the welded ones will give some further support.  However, again nothing wrong with the bolt in, several here I believe have them both.

Brake cable will need a hole in the welded ones for sure.

www.firmfeel.com should have most that will fit  (sway bar) but there are other compaines that make them as well.

Tom

Mike DC

Use welded-in subframe connectors , and add the factory-style torque boxes. 

That stiffens the car up A LOT and you don't need to be road-racing the thing just to feel the difference.  It'll probably make it ride a little better over bumps, it'll keep the door/window seals closing tight over time, etc. 

An XV-type lower rad brace also wouldn't hurt, but it might interfere with the stock rad.  The connectors & TBs don't have any real side effects.     

Blown70

I guess one should ask, Is your car done/painted  then the bolt in would be a better option?  If not weld-in  www.uscartool.com or www.XVmotorsports.com