News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chasing the RT?

Started by StockMan, July 20, 2008, 10:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StockMan

At the end of the day some prefer the R/T look and some like the plain sleeper look of the non-R/Ts.  I'm proponent of staying completely original when bringing one of these autos back from the dead.  These cars were delivered from the factory in a wide variety of configurations and they were all nice.  That being said, when walking through a showing of mopars its nice to see a wide range of configurations/options, right from the 6's to the hemi and from the poverty caps to the magnums.  Not just a sea of R/Ts and R/T clones.

This is just my opinion.  Ultimately, if its your car you can do whatever you like with it. :2thumbs:

PocketThunder

Quote from: StockMan on July 31, 2008, 12:02:39 PM

At the end of the day some prefer the R/T look and some like the plain sleeper look of the non-R/Ts.  I'm proponent of staying completely original when bringing one of these autos back from the dead.  These cars were delivered from the factory in a wide variety of configurations and they were all nice.  That being said, when walking through a showing of mopars its nice to see a wide range of configurations/options, right from the 6's to the hemi and from the poverty caps to the magnums.  Not just a sea of R/Ts and R/T clones.

This is just my opinion.  Ultimately, if its your car you can do whatever you like with it. :2thumbs:

Hey i'm starting to see the resemblence of your idea's and your handle....  :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Joshua

There is nothing "sleeper" about the looks of a '68-70 Charger......regardless of engines/emblems/stripes.....they are just a mean lookin' car.

The engine in my R/T has been rebuilt a few times and I'd like to build a hotter engine.....I just so happen to have a good 400. I may build it into a stroker and swap out the 440..... ;D
R/T or not, doesn't matter to me.....

66chargerkid

We have a 73 se wiht a /6 and a 3 on the tree.
Wonder how rare that is  :yesnod:

StockMan

Joshua, please tell me you didn't drill holes in that hood!

Joshua

Quote from: StockMan on July 31, 2008, 01:42:13 PM

Joshua, please tell me you didn't drill holes in that hood!

Why yes......yes I did.....4 small holes, and one BIG one! :o :icon_smile_big: I also cut one of the vent slats out in order to mount the fuel pressure guage....all done @ 10 years ago during my STREET racing days.....
I've made plenty of modifications to MY car over the years......I've never been one to worry about worth, originallity or other nonsense pertaining to rare or semi-rare cars.....

But don't fret, I have another stock hood and will be repairing the vent during it's RESURRECTION. :2thumbs:
All different stages of the life of this old '68. A little history... http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,33561.0.html :cheers: