News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reinstalling wheel well chrome trim advice

Started by 69chargerrt, July 19, 2008, 09:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerrt

Well I'm getting ready to reinstall my wheel well chrome trim on my '69 Charger, and I wanted to ask for any tips before I started.

The situation: the back 2 quarter panels have been replaced, so the original mounting holes are long gone. Also, I tried to 'dry fit' the passenger side front wheelwell with a replacement trimpiece (the original has a nasty crease in it) and noticed that some of the mounting holes don't line up.

Any advice would be appreciated!

David 

'69 Dodge Charger R/T

Ryan

get some small clamps from the hardware store. Use the clamps to hold the trim in place while you fit it. It will more than likley need to be tweeked to get it right. And if some of the mounting holes are off dont worry. Just get it lined up then make some new holes if you need to. Start in the center and work your way outwards . :cheers:
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

69chargerrt

Quote from: Ryan on July 19, 2008, 09:37:49 PM
get some small clamps from the hardware store. Use the clamps to hold the trim in place while you fit it. It will more than likley need to be tweeked to get it right. And if some of the mounting holes are off dont worry. Just get it lined up then make some new holes if you need to. Start in the center and work your way outwards . :cheers:
Well I had thought of using masking tape to try to position the trim, but it sounds like clamps would work better.  Like a set of spring-loaded ones from say Harbor Freight?

Also- what size drill bit would I need?

Thanks!
David

'69 Dodge Charger R/T

69hemi

http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

Ryan

Quote from: 69chargerrt on July 20, 2008, 02:17:44 PM
Quote from: Ryan on July 19, 2008, 09:37:49 PM
Well I had thought of using masking tape to try to position the trim, but it sounds like clamps would work better.  Like a set of spring-loaded ones from say Harbor Freight?

Also- what size drill bit would I need?

Thanks!
David

the size of drill bit would depend on what size the screw was.  You could go to the grocery store and get some clamps that you would use for a bag of chips. There about $1 for 5 of them.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA