News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

niiiiiiiice 69 R/T on the bay

Started by HKCharger, July 17, 2008, 07:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt green

third string oil changer

y3chargerrt

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Rolling_Thunder

awesome color combo!   I love it!    :drool5:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

nakita7

Nice car, but that colour doesn't do a thing for me personally.

WingCharger

I...WANT...IT!!!!!

That color combo is AWESOME! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Dans 68

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 17, 2008, 08:05:21 PM
$60,100!!!!!  holy smokes!!!

Well, it is an original 440 4-speed....    :P

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

WingCharger

It isnt an original California car. See the chrome exahust tips? It doesnt have the California Emissions Package, meaning it was sold elsewhere. :-\

1970RT

Nice looking car but I see the trunk floor and lower quarters were replaced which leads me to believe the window corners probably had rust holes.  That's what happened on my 70.  I think the $69,000 he wants for it is a little high for today.  Maybe $45,000?

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

472 R/T SE

Quote from: WingCharger on July 17, 2008, 09:04:38 PM
It isnt an original California car. See the chrome exahust tips? It doesnt have the California Emissions Package, meaning it was sold elsewhere. :-\

It can have chrome tips and be a California car. 
He doesn't say anything about it being a California car anyways, second picture shows it sold in Colorado.  :shruggy:

Sharp lookin' car.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 17, 2008, 09:21:08 PM
Quote from: WingCharger on July 17, 2008, 09:04:38 PM

It can have chrome tips and be a California car. 
He doesn't say anything about it being a California car anyways, second picture shows it sold in Colorado.  :shruggy:

Sharp lookin' car.

Hey Mike.. wouldn't N95 also be on the tag?

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

472 R/T SE

Not for '69.  AFAIK, from what I've learned from Chris & Geno here only N97.

My point was a car could be California built (LA) and sold from a California dealership new and still have chrome tips.  :icon_smile_wink:

TexasStroker

Cool...Not a color combo I'd see myself in or think of, but it grows on you  :yesnod:
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

tan top

:drool5:    awesome looking Charger .....
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

charger Downunder

Is that the build sheet for the car.
[/quote]

Shakey

Quote from: 1970RT on July 17, 2008, 09:16:53 PM
Nice looking car but I see the trunk floor and lower quarters were replaced which leads me to believe the window corners probably had rust holes.  That's what happened on my 70.  I think the $69,000 he wants for it is a little high for today.  Maybe $45,000?

I'd bet you wouldn't be saying that if it was your car you were selling!   :D

Just 6T9 CHGR

They got the car "done" pretty fast as well.....in June of '07 it was on ebay in Central City, CO and looked like this....

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

RDR838

Quote from: tan top on July 18, 2008, 03:50:26 AM

Must look a lot like your car! Awesome car!

1970RT

Quote from: Shakey on July 18, 2008, 05:37:15 AM
Quote from: 1970RT on July 17, 2008, 09:16:53 PM

I'd bet you wouldn't be saying that if it was your car you were selling!   :D

Actually I have been thinking of selling mine for quite a while.  It is a 70 RT matching # 727 car.  From the pictures it was in similar shape to this one before restoration.  Mine is nice but this 69 is nicer for sure but mine is really worth mid 20's.  Being a 69, 4 speed and nicer resto this one MIGHT be worth twice as much but no way is it worth three times as much.

az69rtcharger

It an Original Colorado Car and worth every every bit they get for it, Very nice restoration and full documentation. all numbers matching Dodge Charger R/T. The car has the original four speed and 440 engine. It's a bucket seat, console car with an extremely rare white exterior and tan interior, tan vinyl top paint combination. The car has a Dana 3:54 rear end. This Charger is a stripe delete car and sports the big red R/T badges on the rear quarters. The car comes with all the correct body stamps, engine and tranny stamps, fender tag and dash VIN tag. Along with that is the original window sticker, buyers contract from Skyline Dodge in Denver Colorado, the warranty booklet, operator's manual and build sheet found in the back seat.

1970RT

It's all an opinion on what it's worth.  By definition if a willing seller and buyer agree on a price that is what it's worth.  If they get $69,000 for it more power to them.

moparstuart

I love that color combo too you dont see that everyday   NICE
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bakerhillpins

I am on this site to learn about cars so if this is a completely noob comment let me know.... :scratchchin:

Why would they display the vin tag removed from the dash? Why would you need to do that?  :shruggy: Ok, they could have just put it back on the car and never posted/taken the pic but still, why take the vin off? Replacing a cracked dash pad?

Out of curiosity, are the disc brakes OEM style or are they after market?

Its a nice car no doubt (not my cup though) but sometimes they didn't make a lot of a certain color combo for a good reason!  :D
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 18, 2008, 12:47:36 PM
I am on this site to learn about cars so if this is a completely noob comment let me know.... :scratchchin:

Why would they display the vin tag removed from the dash? Why would you need to do that?  :shruggy: Ok, they could have just put it back on the car and never posted/taken the pic but still, why take the vin off? Replacing a cracked dash pad?

More than likely the top of the dash needed restoration as well.  It's obvious the VIN tag needed work.  I think he's just showing how extensive the work was.  I used to frown on it as well but if you're doing a nut and bolt on one of these or have an e body that needs a new dash pad it lessens the concern.  :Twocents:

It's a damn nice lookin' car.

tan top

sorry for a bit  of a thread hijack .... (HKcharger )  :cheers: 

Quote from: RDR838 on July 18, 2008, 06:56:14 AM
Quote from: tan top on July 18, 2008, 03:50:26 AM

Must look a lot like your car! Awesome car!

yeah ( RDR838 )  sort of mine has not had a proper
   tan top on it since  around the  late 70s .... had been replaced with black top  ....  & thats how it was
20 years ago  when i got the car from the 2nd owner , decided i would like a tantop back on it  :P
, but no one was repoping them  :scratchchin: so  being in the body & paint game i stuck a white one on & matched the tan color & painted it , with the correct additives  ..looked real good ..but  decided  black top  & yellow body  & black interior  combination is the one for me  :yesnod:  .so changed the top to black  about 12 years ago . then  after i done a nut & bolt resto a few years a go , :scratchchin: had a long hard think about going back with a tan top if i could get one  :shruggy:
..but  a black top won the day,
although  if i could get a tantop ... i might be tempted to change
might email these mountain mopar dudes to see where they got the tan top  from  :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

WingCharger

Check this out!! :o

I was lookin on Mountainmopars.com to see where they got the repro tan top, when I found all this info about the restoration:
http://www.mountainmopars.com/1969dodgechargerrtwhite
Pictures, Set by Step Detail, i wonder why he didnt link this in the ebay article??

moparstuart

looks like they did a decent job too ! Tan is grand !

69*F5*SE

Yeah, they did a very nice job. I'd like to see mine look like that eventually.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

MichaelRW

This is the same outfit that put my Charger back together after I did the paint & bodywork. I saw this white Charger a few weeks ago. It's very nice.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

moparstuart

http://moparmountainmuseum.com/default.aspx

are these the same guy ? found in another thread today ?

HKCharger

bsakal

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 18, 2008, 12:47:36 PM

Out of curiosity, are the disc brakes OEM style or are they after market?

Its a nice car no doubt (not my cup though) but sometimes they didn't make a lot of a certain color combo for a good reason!  :D

The fender tag does not show a disc brake option on that car. B41 would indicate front disc brakes, and I believe that B51 (power assist) would also be required when ordering B41. They look like a retrofit from a later model. Didn't factory disc brake cars have 4 piston calipers?

At least he admits that the broadcast sheet is for another car, but says "the seat installer just grabbed the wrong seats." Yeah right.  :eyes:

I love that color combo though!  :drool5:
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383