News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lisiecki1

I'm pretty sure you can see my jealousy from there.  :drool5:

glad to see it on the street finally!  :cheers:
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

twodko

Outstanding Per! Congratulations.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Charger-73

This Charger makes me speechless!

Just amazing!  :2thumbs:

Pekka

lexxman

Looks great ,good to see you got it back on the road.Time to enjoy it. :2thumbs:

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks all of you for the nice comments. :cheers: Just need to get some brakes and I will shoot
you a nice video. ;)

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on August 10, 2010, 09:50:30 AM
Thanks all of you for the nice comments. :cheers: Just need to get some brakes and I will shoot
you a nice video. ;)

Per

Did I miss something? I thought you got your brakes fixed?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bakerhillpins

Glad to see she is moving on her own power!   :2thumbs: Yea, brakes would be useful.  :brickwall:

Have you and Troy been sharing fashion advice? Pics of cars next to corn fields?  :rofl:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on August 10, 2010, 10:09:02 AM
Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on August 10, 2010, 09:50:30 AM
you a nice video. ;)

Per

Did I miss something? I thought you got your brakes fixed?

Brian, I fixed them a couple of times from having zero brakes. Now remains to get the powerassistance to work. :eek2:

CB

So your car isn't road ready then?
Can I still beat you??  :icon_smile_big:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

lisiecki1

have you checked your amount of intake vacuum?  maybe you have a little too much cam to make them work correctly?  do they get better when you drive around a little?

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: CB on August 10, 2010, 12:43:29 PM
So your car isn't road ready then?
Can I still beat you??  :icon_smile_big:

I can drive but need to put a lot of weight on the brakepedal and use the shifter. :lol:

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: lisiecki1 on August 10, 2010, 12:56:03 PM
have you checked your amount of intake vacuum?  maybe you have a little too much cam to make them work correctly?  do they get better when you drive around a little?

I have now around 15" of vacuum at idle but still need to tune some more, I guess that should fix it or? :scratchchin: There is no difference when I drive because first I thought they needed to be "brooken in" but it remains the same feeling, like you turn the key off on your PB car and tries to brake.

Per

b5blue

The fist time I got a booster that worked correctly in my Charger, (after 2 bad ones and a year of screwing around) I damn near knocked my front teeth out on the steering wheel! When they are working right you can stop the car so easy it almost too much boost! Now, many years later that booster has failed and I installed manual rater than deal with boosters anymore, and love it.   :scratchchin:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: b5blue on August 10, 2010, 05:43:13 PM
The fist time I got a booster that worked correctly in my Charger, (after 2 bad ones and a year of screwing around) I damn near knocked my front teeth out on the steering wheel! When they are working right you can stop the car so easy it almost too much boost! Now, many years later that booster has failed and I installed manual rater than deal with boosters anymore, and love it.   :scratchchin:

I agree....Manual all the way.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi-hampton

Quote from: lisiecki1 on August 10, 2010, 12:56:03 PM

Thats the problem I got, too much cam & no brakes. I think you should have over 16 inches of vacuum. LEON.

lisiecki1

i had that problem with my old 360, a vacuum canister made everything right.  the 383 has an even hotter cam, so when the car goes back together I'm contemplating an electric vacuum assist, but I'll have to wait and see...

Belgium R/T -68

b5blue

You have what I consider good parts from well established suppliers Per. Have you contacted them for advice?   :scratchchin:

CB

So Per, how's it going so far?
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: CB on August 19, 2010, 12:37:27 AM
So Per, how's it going so far?

The car is nicely parked in the garage and the "to do list" for this winter is growing. I guess solving problem by problem is the way to go
and not stress the issues with poor solutions just to be able to drive. Building a complete car and think it would run and perform perfect
from the beginning is a nice dream but not always the reality. There will be a summer next year aswell. :2thumbs:

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Went over to friend who helped me bleed the brakes, now they are good. :2thumbs: Now priority
is to make some kilometers to let them wear in. As you can see I stopped by the local gasstation because my friend is rather thirsty. :eek2: Tomorrow is welding the subframe connectors on the programme.

Per

Sixtyeight

Hi Per,

I had some difficulties also the first year, don't worry it's pretty common.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
You've done a great Job!!! :popcrn:

Looking forward to the day you come to visit me with it!

Jeroen

Charger Registration of the Netherlands / www.charger.nl
1968 R/T Charger
1969 Base Charger

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

FLG

SWEET PER!

Make sure when you weld in the connectors the car is on a drive up lift or if your doing it on the ground its supported with the suspension loaded like it would be if it was on the ground!

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks guys. :cheers: And Jeroen, I will come one day. :yesnod:

Went to a neighbour today who has a "pit" in his garage and got the subframe connectors welded in.
By that it was standing on the wheels so it should be OK I hope.
Now a week to Sweden for work and then monday the 13th my friend goes to a paintshop for buffing
and then all the stripes can be placed. :icon_smile_big:

Per