News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crockett

Per, CB > just so you know, you no longer have to go to Mercedes to get homologation papers, it's now FIAT .. (but I suppose you already knew that).

If all goes well I should get the paperwork next Tuesday (have to drive it to FIAT in Vilvoorde for this).
Charger 68 R/T 440

Belgium R/T -68

While waiting for the transmission I'm adding things to do on my winterlist. :lol: For you restoring your grille, try the headlightdoors also when the grille is just installed and not only as one complete unit on your workbench like I did. :brickwall: My driverside door doesn't open because it hits the bracket that holds the assembly towards the radiatorsupport/fender. Propably because I used 2
grilles to make one good one. Since the grille has to go out to fix it I will wait untill season is over.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

roger440

Hey Per, does this mean your not gonna make the nats :(
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

Crockett

Hi Per, CB,

I have some news on my black charger : it will also not make it for the summer driving season.
Last weekend a Harley crashed into my back. Crushed metal, bent leaf springs, exhaust pipes bent and maybe a broken transmission.
The Harley was quite heavy (350kg) and flew under my car into 1000 pieces.

No one was hurt however, I was very lucky the Harley did not puncture my fuel tank and the Harley driver jumped off just in time.
Because I have an oldtimer and the Harley was one too (custom built apparently from 1961 with an engine from 1978 etc) we are arranging the repair costs amongst ourselves.

This was not how I imagined the summer would start of course..

Photos coming soon. I am still interested in any parts you may have, of course !

At least we crashed in style ..

PS be warned, I have seen it many times before on the road that people and especially motorcyclists just keep STARING when you drive by and that sometimes leads to very dangerous situations.
Oh, and I DEFINITELY want a three-point seat belt system now (a bit whiplashed, my head missed the steering wheel by about an inch ..)

David
Charger 68 R/T 440

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: roger440 on July 27, 2010, 03:19:12 PM

Hi Roger,
The transmission should be rebuild by the end of the week so there is no chance I will make it this year. :'(

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Hi David, very sorry for the accident but luckily you all made it without serious injeries. :2thumbs:
I know the feeling dreaming about taking your Charger for a drive in the summernight, believe me.
Come over and see if I have anything that can help you.

Per

six-tee-nine

David,

I don't have alot of parts, but I can help you out with a pair of shocks and leaf springs for free if you want. But if it were me, I'd squeeze that biker till you get enough money out of him to buy everything new  :Twocents:

Sorry that you driving season must end that way....

Koen
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

roger440

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on July 28, 2010, 01:41:50 AM
Quote from: roger440 on July 27, 2010, 03:19:12 PM

Hi Roger,
The transmission should be rebuild by the end of the week so there is no chance I will make it this year. :'(

Per

Sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to seeing it. Better luck next year????
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

CB

Sorry to hear 'bout the accident, David!! :o

Been away for a week and just read this news in the first topic I open.... sad news :rotz:

Good luck with the repairs!

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Belgium R/T -68

Was able to grind off some material from the grilleframe so that the door can open and close now.
Also mounted the headlight beazels for the first time, it's getting more and more complete. :yesnod:
Once the engine is running again I will connect the vacuum properly.

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Went to pick up my rebuild "old" transmission and new converter today. Many thanks to the guys
at www.six-packspeedshop.be for their effort to help me out in a hurry so I can enjoy what's left
of the summer. :cheers: Tomorrow morning I will start assembly, driving gets closer. :2thumbs:

Per

lisiecki1

did they put some goodies in it for you?

congrats! by the way
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: lisiecki1 on August 03, 2010, 03:19:17 PM
did they put some goodies in it for you?

congrats! by the way

Thanks friend. :cheers: It should keep up to 850 HP so I guess I'm safe. ;)

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Mounted the transmission today, now just some improvements on the exhaustsystem and we are
ready for a testdrive. :icon_smile_big:

Per

lisiecki1

I'm looking forward to some burnout pics!!!!! :yesnod:

b5blue

Crockett

That's absolutely great Per ! All thumbs up over here !

If you feel like a test drive to visit a poor handicapped black 68 charger, you're always welcome here .

david :-)
Charger 68 R/T 440

Mr. Lee

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on August 03, 2010, 03:17:54 PM

Many thanks to the guys at www.six-packspeedshop.be for their effort to help me out

Pascal and Ted are great guys  :2thumbs:

I get my parts there every time, really great!

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: CB on August 06, 2010, 12:56:37 PM
And? And? How's she running? :popcrn: :coolgleamA:

In the 80's I had a 383 Cuda -70 that made 11.73 at the strip ( with NOS), todays testdrive proves
that cubic inches counts. It 's the most powerful thing I ever been driving in my 30 years of driving vehicles. The torque is just enormous, in the city I can only touch the gaspedal. :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Per

lisiecki1

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: lisiecki1 on August 06, 2010, 01:55:14 PM
VIDEO! :popcrn: :icon_smile_big:

As soon as the daughters are back this weekend I will make sure to make one. :2thumbs:

Per

jdiesel33

Man, that car is completely awesome. I also want to thank you for all of the detailed pictures from beginning to end and all of the posts. This is a great thread showing a project from beginning to end and detailing out everything. Very helpful and motivating for beginners like me who have to go thru all of the same steps. Beautiful, beautiful car. Hope you get that drive REAL soon.

JDiesel
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

CB

Just finish mine (making the Charger streetable again) so we''ll soon hook up for some  :drive:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Belgium R/T -68

Took the first real testdrive today. :icon_smile_big: Did about 30 miles and I now start to learn the car a little bit. Still some adjustments to do on the engine but it really is a monster. :smilielol:
Most important now is to get those brakes to work otherwise it's little use with such an engine. :eek2: Wheelalignment and buffing also needs to be done, those stripes needs to be
put on.

Per