News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

lexxman

Looks great and stopping can be a good thing :yesnod:
The molding is nice. :2thumbs:

bill440rt

Ta-DAAAA!!!!!  :bow:

Looks GREAT, Per!! Rocker moldings were a cinch, eh?
Keep up the good work!!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Crockett

Hi Per,

I see that you are planning to put 295/50 rear and 245/60 front rims on the car.
I have already put on new Centerline AutoDrags myself (295/50/15 rear - 235/60/15 front). (245 in front might have been too heavy - I have no servo steering)

But when checking at GOCA, they told me that you are not allowed to surpass a certain percentage of the rim size that was originally on the car.
The car already passed the German TÜV, but that was with the old 205/70/14 rims.

So the rim size may be too big to be able to pass the Belgian 'autokeuring'.
Could you let me know what your experience is in this or what the people at Speedshop say about it ?

It would be good to know if I have to change the rims before going to GOCA Zwijnaarde next weekend.

kind regards,

David
your neighbour with the black '68 R/T charger
Charger 68 R/T 440

charger Downunder

[/quote]

Belgium R/T -68

Hello David,
I have taken 6 different Mopars to the inspection in Belgium and they don't look at your tiresize. They have no documentation of the car
others then the title you bring and the only thing they are interested in is if your chassienumber "you" have stamped in in your framerail fits with the one on your title.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Charger-Bodie

Looking great Per!! Glad to see that brake problem finally getting better too! Great job.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

CB

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on June 13, 2010, 02:25:36 AM
... the only thing they are interested in is if your chassienumber "you" have stamped in in your framerail fits with the one on your title.

Per

If the foreign car allready has a number stamped in could mean no hassle at the inspection. Fender tag and VIN tag in the front windshield DON't work!!!!!
Normally they demand an official letter to confirm that the chassis no. is stamped in and verified by Mercedes-Chrysler (homoligation) in Brussels.
125€ for 2 f§cking morons who're trying to rape your car to finally have the number stamped.
2 weeks later you'll receive the document.

Rip off :flame:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Crockett

thanks for this info Per !!

I should be all set then to get it passed through inspection.

Looking forward to having the beast in the garage !

It will be an adventurous drive to get it home..

David :-)
Charger 68 R/T 440

roger440

1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: roger440 on June 13, 2010, 03:59:01 PM
Looking good Per :)

Look forward to seeing it in July  :2thumbs:

Getting closer Roger :yesnod: I wonder if I could try the 1/4 mile over there? :scratchchin:

Per

roger440

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on June 14, 2010, 03:07:06 PM
Quote from: roger440 on June 13, 2010, 03:59:01 PM
Looking good Per :)

Look forward to seeing it in July  :2thumbs:

Getting closer Roger :yesnod: I wonder if I could try the 1/4 mile over there? :scratchchin:

Per

Cant see why not? You just need your driving license.
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1961 Standard Atlas
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

alcusswhen

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on July 17, 2008, 12:16:21 PM
Funny designers in those days, windshield has to go before you can take the daschboard down.  ;) I plan to do the complete restoration myself except
the body/paintwork. Can't be any problem with this site available.  :2thumbs:

//Per

You should have a pro put your windshield back in with a new gasket. There hell to put back with no leaks making it just not worth it to do it yourself. BEEN THERE DONE THAT!
Bone 7

73 Charger SE/ 318/391 stroker, 2500 Boss Hogg converter/ 391 sure grip.
07 Charger R/T

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: alcusswhen on June 14, 2010, 03:23:11 PM
Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on July 17, 2008, 12:16:21 PM
Funny designers in those days, windshield has to go before you can take the daschboard down.  ;) I plan to do the complete restoration myself except
the body/paintwork. Can't be any problem with this site available.  :2thumbs:

//Per

You should have a pro put your windshield back in with a new gasket. There hell to put back with no leaks making it just not worth it to do it yourself. BEEN THERE DONE THAT!

I had a pro doing it.

Per

XS29L9B2

Quote from: twodko on June 09, 2010, 02:28:48 PM
XS29L9B2 welcome to the site! Your Charger is going to be beautiful when you're done. Will you repaint the same color?  The color looks great on that car.

Vous ne trouverez pas de meilleures personnes que celles qui peuplent ce forum. nous tenir à jour sur votre rétablissement et beaucoup de photos ...... nous aimons photos non?

Tom

hello this colors is a french car color because i dont have a colors reference when she was painted.
my original color was medium gren metallic (f8) with interiors colors  (C6G).

merci de ta reponce i made one post tanks sebastien
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

69*F5*SE

Medium green metallic is F5 not F8.  My Charger is supposed to be medium green metallic and is coded F5.  It was a 69 only color.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.  Ted

XS29L9B2

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on June 18, 2010, 07:32:58 AM
Medium green metallic is F5 not F8.  My Charger is supposed to be medium green metallic and is coded F5.  It was a 69 only color.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.  Ted

yes i sorry it s dark green metallic  :cheers:
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

69*F5*SE

F8 dark green metallic is a great color also.  Love green Chargers for some reason.    :cheers:  Ted

RDR838

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on February 20, 2010, 01:59:49 PM
After a lot of sanding, painting, sanding again because of wrong colour or other problems I'm finally ready with the grille. I have followed one source of colour-
matching since there are different opinions on what's right and what's not. Anyway, the grille together with the vinyltop was something that I really feared for before
doing it but with a lot of patience and good advices from the database here on the forum it's not that scary at all. New parts used are the moldingset from Gunslinger,
wireharness with vacuumlines, emblems and all new bolts, nuts and clips from r/t specialties. I just hanged it up now on the car so I still have to do the alignment.
My charger starts to look like a -68 charger should look like. :icon_smile_big:

Per

Per, I can't tell you how jealous I am! That Grille looks FANTASTIC!!!

Will you be at the German Mopar Nationals? I'd love to see your car in person!

I understood you painted the doors and the middle piece flat black first, then masked off every single fin before applying the grey paint?

I wanted to do the grille the last 2 winters but always came up with excuses... This winter it HAS to be done!

Congratulations on the car! Hope to see it one day!

RDR838

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks for the nice comments :yesnod: Doing the grille is all about patience and masking off :eek2:
I was in Germany last year but since it is the same weekend as Mopar Nats in England I choose to go England since I never been there.

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Yesterday I took the charger on the trailer to the Moparshop for the final tuning and wheelalignment.
Now driving ain't far away. :icon_smile_big:

Per

roger440

Hey Per,

Can you tell me where you got the spash shield rubbers fron in these 2 pics, including the long one that runs down the side of the metal splash shield? Im struggling to find any!

1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1961 Standard Atlas
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

Belgium R/T -68

Hi Roger, I'm sorry to tell you that they came from The Paddock which doesn't excist anymore
but I'm sure our friends here knows where to get them since Paddock didn't manufactured
anything.

Per

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on June 27, 2010, 04:13:22 PM
Hi Roger, I'm sorry to tell you that they came from The Paddock which doesn't excist anymore
but I'm sure our friends here knows where to get them since Paddock didn't manufactured
anything.

Per

www.megapartsusa.com

http://www.megapartsusa.com/search.asp?nobox=&scat=&stext=splash&stype=&sprice=&pg=2
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Belgium R/T -68

The last items of concern were fixed and the engine tuned, everything in place to just enjoy the
huge power of the stroker which I could for 14 miles untill the brand new TCI transmission
propably ended this season of Chargerenjoyment. :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: When putting
the trans in D it sounds like a superturbo or blowerengine, the whiningnoice from the tranny is really
loud. The car hardly moves forward but reverse works like nothing has happend. The trans came with it's dynosheet but the warranty is long passed so what can I do? I will try to contact John to
see is there is anything I can check while it's still in the car but I doubt it's something simple. :'(
One option I have to be able to drive a little bit this year is to install the "old" one, it was running
good when I started to tear the car down in 2007 and really had experienced some heavy driving
during the 2 years I had it but can it take the stroker? :scratchchin: There's simply no money for rebuilding a transmission now so it's that or nothing. Life really can suck sometimes.

Per