News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

man that looks awesome  out side :drool5:  love sublime & black  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

b5blue

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

lexxman

Very nice,you did a great job on it. :2thumbs:

69*F5*SE

All your hard work paid off Per.  Great job.   :2thumbs:

charger Downunder

Nice nice nice your car has come a long way since the original post.You may have to re adjust the doors after the new weather strips are fitted. Are you going to install front bumperates.
[/quote]

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks all of you for the nice comments although I don't know what "word" means but understand the meaning of "pimp". :lol:

Only immediat concern now is the wipermotor. Can't get the 3-speedmotor to work from the switch, only by forcing it by direct
power. That'w why the wipers aren't installed. The brakes feels like they need some running in but atleast I can stop in time. :eek2:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

b5blue

"Word" is slang as in: you speak the word of truth. Short from "word to your mother" as in you would never lie to your Mom.(It is a positive reinforcement of a previous statement.)  ;)

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: charger Downunder on April 24, 2010, 05:36:27 PM
Nice nice nice your car has come a long way since the original post.You may have to re adjust the doors after the new weather strips are fitted. Are you going to install front bumperates.

I have the bumperettes, they were included with the bumper but no nuts. :brickwall: Once I know where to get them I will mount them.

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Smaller setback again, but I guess that's the way things are with these cars. Was planning to put in the floormats when I felt something wet on the passengerside carpet, the heatercore is leaking. :'( propably got a crack in it when I installed the heaterbox since the pipes didn't came straight out without some gentle bending. Must be because I did leaktest it.
Now I will bypass it and fix it this winter, don't feel like dismounting everything again right now. :eek2:

Per

MoparManJim

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on May 09, 2010, 12:45:42 PM
Smaller setback again, but I guess that's the way things are with these cars. Was planning to put in the floormats when I felt something wet on the passengerside carpet, the heatercore is leaking. :'( propably got a crack in it when I installed the heaterbox since the pipes didn't came straight out without some gentle bending. Must be because I did leaktest it.
Now I will bypass it and fix it this winter, don't feel like dismounting everything again right now. :eek2:

Per

I heard From John (the real Bo Duke) one time on dvd talking about that very issue you are having right now. He said to someone on the dvd that those old cars are known for that issue. Something bout the heater core would leak on the cars floor interior. I don't know how true this is but I thought I would pass it along in case.

I hope you can enjoy your car this summer and not have very many big issues with it. Why is it that a car can set all winter and a person can start it up from time to time with no issues BUT soon as the weather gets better and you can drive the thing that is when something always goes wrong with it? why is that?  :shruggy:

b5blue

Belgium R/T -68

MoparManJim

b5blue

FlatbackFanatic

The whole car looks Beautiful!!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  Good job!
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Hemidog

That really sucks Per, if the heater core is leaking the dash, windshield and heaterbox has to come out  :icon_smile_blackeye:
Always wise to pressure test the core when it is out. Classic Auto Air sells new ones  :yesnod:

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: Hemidog on May 10, 2010, 12:14:50 AM
That really sucks Per, if the heater core is leaking the dash, windshield and heaterbox has to come out  :icon_smile_blackeye:
Always wise to pressure test the core when it is out. Classic Auto Air sells new ones  :yesnod:

According to FSM the console has to be moved backwards but otherwise it shouldn't be any problems. :scratchchin:

Not that it's something I'm looking forward to though. :eek2:

Per

Mr. Lee

I had the same problem with my heater, and you really don't have to get the window and dash out. I removed the console completely, and for some extra space I did remove the passengerseat, but it's possible to leave the seat.

After I removed the seat and the console I disconnected the ventcables, and after that you just disconect the waterlines under the hood and the 3 nuts that hold the heaterbox in place and you can pull it out from underneed the dash.

I also thought it would be a hell of a job but it really is easy. Good luck, and it really did become a sweet ride  :2thumbs:

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: Mr. Lee on May 10, 2010, 02:15:39 PM
I had the same problem with my heater, and you really don't have to get the window and dash out. I removed the console completely, and for some extra space I did remove the passengerseat, but it's possible to leave the seat.

After I removed the seat and the console I disconnected the ventcables, and after that you just disconect the waterlines under the hood and the 3 nuts that hold the heaterbox in place and you can pull it out from underneed the dash.

I also thought it would be a hell of a job but it really is easy. Good luck, and it really did become a sweet ride  :2thumbs:

Thanks for the confirmation Mr. Lee  :cheers:

Per

Belgium R/T -68

I'm fed up with this aftermarket junk POS brakebooster/mc set up I bought that only allows me to stop the car under 20 mph. :brickwall: :brickwall: I have ordered a stock setup from "theramman", hopefully soon I can start to enjoy the car. :eek2:

Per

Hemidog

The brake system is really giving you a hard time Per  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: Hemidog on May 17, 2010, 02:02:40 PM
The brake system is really giving you a hard time Per  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Yes friend, actually lost some motivation because of it. That plus the trunklid but what the h**l, the summer hasn't started yet. :lol:

Per

roger440

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on May 17, 2010, 10:24:22 AM
I'm fed up with this aftermarket junk POS brakebooster/mc set up I bought that only allows me to stop the car under 20 mph. :brickwall: :brickwall: I have ordered a stock setup from "theramman", hopefully soon I can start to enjoy the car. :eek2:

Per

Nice. Thats what i had to do as someone had fitted a drum brake booster and cylinder. brakes never did work right. You have to get it done, dont forget i want to see this car at the Mopar Nats at Santa Pod (the uk for the rest of you).
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester