News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidog

Quote from: moparstuart on March 19, 2010, 11:32:38 AM
Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on March 19, 2010, 11:06:36 AM
Went and picked up the trunklid at the blastershop, looks great according to my opinion. Don't understand why the painter said it was useless. :shruggy:

Per
probably the reason he never pre-fit the second one   :yesnod:

first one looks great

:iagree: that make sense, many bodymen are very pessimistic (often with good reason though).

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: lisiecki1 on March 19, 2010, 11:10:16 AM
yeah, that's beautiful!  You should have a talk with your painter.  Hopefully a color match wont be very difficult.

I will bring a bracket that's painted with the "first paintmix" and the can to the shop where I buy the paint so I hope it will match up alright.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

lexxman

That looks great I think the paint is on glue or something. :lol:

Belgium R/T -68

After 2 weeks in Sweden the urge to go out in the garage when I came home was big. I started with mounting the driverside quarterwindow and preparing the new doorglass with new seals. BTW, anybody knows why aftermarketglass has 2 holes
instead of 1 as original for attaching to the regulator? Tomorrow I will continue with asembling the door/ventglass.
For the brakes I considering taking the car to a shop when it's ready because that problem is eating me up. :brickwall:

Per

b5blue

They make a system that pumps through the master (That I was considering but $$$$) I don't see how it could fail? I read here somewhere the flex loops off the master can "hold on to an air pocket" also if that helps. The glass may have 2 holes so it fits other cars? Good luck Per!  :2thumbs:

moparstuart

as long as it's a non-post car that door glass fits all 68-70 b bodys dodge and plymouth
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Belgium R/T -68

After 2 days working on the brakes I have decided that my mastercylinders are crap and will order a new one. I have done
everything again 10 times so I presume it's the MP powerbrakes MC that doesn't work.
Continued with assembling the vent and doorglass, rather easy with new parts and Bill440rt's restothreads. :2thumbs:
Aligning was somewhat more tricky but using shims here and there it turned out just fine. Tomorrow the passengerside and
then the doorpanels, :icon_smile_big: then it will really start to look like a complete car again.

If it just wasn't for those brakes...................

Per

CB

Looking good Per!
You'll be driving soon! :yesnod:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Hemidog

Looking good Per!
Brakes are overrated!

Belgium R/T -68

Passengerside didn't go like the driverside, or maybe I was lucky there. :icon_smile_big: I don't get the quarterglass correct
towards the doorglass unless I remove the wheatherstriping. On the other side I could adjust that problem but not here. :scratchchin:
I will sleep on it and try again tomorow. Did order a new mastercylinder aswell. :2thumbs:

Per

MORFF

Thankyou for posting your progress from looking at your pitchers it has answered allot of my question nice work, Got a question for you I got my front end in primer now i am starting my interior. I bought left and right long floor panels and a shifting hub from autobody specialty. I noticed on my original floor i already had a spot for the shifting hub I think by looking at your pitcher. I also bought a shifting hub. I am getting my interior ready for my guy who is going to weld. My car was originally a 383 3 speed auto on colum changing it to 440 with 4 speed manual on floor i posted you pitcher on message so you could see what i am talking about tks
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: MORFF on April 12, 2010, 08:36:40 PM
Thankyou for posting your progress from looking at your pitchers it has answered allot of my question nice work, Got a question for you I got my front end in primer now i am starting my interior. I bought left and right long floor panels and a shifting hub from autobody specialty. I noticed on my original floor i already had a spot for the shifting hub I think by looking at your pitcher. I also bought a shifting hub. I am getting my interior ready for my guy who is going to weld. My car was originally a 383 3 speed auto on colum changing it to 440 with 4 speed manual on floor i posted you pitcher on message so you could see what i am talking about tks

Mike, if I understand you right you mean the hole for the gearshifter :scratchchin: Mine is a auto so that's why I have the round one on the side, I guess manuell has a bigger hole on the top.

Per

six-tee-nine

To convert from auto to manual, you need to weld in the 4speed hump.

After your floor panels are replaced, you just weld the tunnel in place and you need to cut away some metal from where the auto shifter used to be.

Do some search about 4speed conversions and you'll learn fast enough what the how to's are because the 4 speed tunnel is'nt the only mod you'll need to do. (think Z-bar bracket, pedal assy.....)
Below a link to what I mean by the 4 speed hump

http://www.brewersperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=FT171B

Also check :

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,9234.0.html

I'm not going further on this since we would be totally hijacking Per's nice resto thread  :cheers:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

MORFF

tks guys I have the shift hub on your first link you posted and the other link answered all my questions tks again going to have to find more parts
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

Charger-73

Belgium R/T -68

Passengerside quarterwindow has a incorrect angle if I don't help it up and I can't adjust it anymore. I think I have the wrong roller
for the rear channel, the one which has 2 on 1 shaft. I will live with it this season and look for a solution when it's time for wintersleep.
The doorbeltmoldings fits well but it was a lot of searching to find the right clips since they are diferent in size and I had to reuse the old ones with some modifications. The driprailmoldings looks OK on the picture but according to my opinion those ones are for
a non vinyltopcar because they don't sit like I want, those also goes to the winter "to do" list. :eek2:

Per

b5blue

Hang in there, I understand what you are saying about windows but can't tell from photos. (Looks fantastic!) Amazing how much time it takes now and how fast the factory put these cars together!  :scratchchin:

gasoline_24

Mine did the same thing and I took it apart about 10 times before I figured it out.  Once I put the upper door pad in it pushed it out enough so it went up into the right location.

Belgium R/T -68

After 3 mastercylinders, 5 months of bleeding I don't think anybody can blame me for giving up with the brakeissue and take the car to a shop to get it done. :eek2: I will finalize the interior this weekend and of we can go for wheelalignment and fixing the brakes. :icon_smile_big:

Per

twodko

Per, Nice job on the drip rail molding. Good weekend to you and yours!

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: twodko on April 16, 2010, 02:05:00 PM
Per, Nice job on the drip rail molding. Good weekend to you and yours!

Tom

Thanks Tom :2thumbs: Same to you. :cheers:

Per

CB

so Per
what's on the 'to-do' list today?
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: CB on April 17, 2010, 01:59:21 AM
so Per
what's on the 'to-do' list today?
CB

today I had to take 2 mares to the stallion in Germany, 1100 km driving. :eek2: Tomorrow the doorpanels and a testdrive using the E-brake. :lol:

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Took it out in the lovely wheather today to work on it in the sun. :2thumbs: Also my garage is very cold so I think it was also good
to let it "dry out" a little bit from the winter. Continued with the interior, doorpanels on driverside. Only problem here is that the
upper pad doesn't get close enough to the doorframe which makes it impossible to get the chromenut for the remotemirror on.
I will try my old original one to see if it's the doorpad or if I have installed it wrongly. :scratchchin: Also made a video that I will
link to later. :2thumbs:

Per

Charger-Bodie

Per,

Are you installing the upper pad ,and then the mirror? Try having the remote adjuster plate butt agaist the bck of the pad instead of the inside of the door.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............