News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks Steve :cheers: Hope I can see you when I visit Mike in Orlando, tickets to the US getting real cheap now. :icon_smile_big:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

CB

Looking good Per!
See you tomorrow!
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

six-tee-nine

Quote from: CB on January 01, 2010, 11:46:25 AM
Looking good Per!
See you tomorrow!
CB

+1 I'll be there too.

So lets hang those doors and fenders in the place where they belong. I think it's gonna turn out real nice and the gaps between the panels will be really ok. I've seen other things in the past.....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Belgium R/T -68

We hanged the door and the trunklid but the lid doesn't want to hang in the middle :scratchchin: I will post a question about it in the bodysection.

Per

six-tee-nine

Looking at this picture just makes me realizing that besides i'm starting to grow grey hairs I'm also starting to create a bald spot......oh boy

Koen
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Belgium R/T -68

Today the guy came to install the front and rear window. We started with the rear, a new aftermarket one but it fitted well. Problem was that I haved drilled all new holes for the trimclips due to the rust so there was some adjusting of the height of the glass to get the trim in the correct position but in the end it all worked out well.
The front was also rather quick done because I had send him the link to the thread I posted in the bodysection with my questions regarding the rubbergasket.
The trim was a little bit trickier although the holes for the clips was factory, maybe the clips were different? :scratchchin: Anyway, it's all there now end looking good. :icon_smile_big: The total impression of the car with glass installed is very nice, it really has a big impact of the look.

Per

lexxman

It's looking real nice,soon you'll driving around and turning heads. :2thumbs:

charger_cody

Wow per, lovin it.

Are you redoing your enterior or putting it in as is?

Cody

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks guys :cheers:
I have already mounted new Legendary seatcovers and doorpanels are new aswell. I'm curious how the new upper doorpads will fit. :scratchchin:

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Finalised the trimwork, rear sits a little bit higher on the right side. The front moldings sits almost perfect except for a small gap between the molding and the cowl
just at the end, having the clips helped to adjust the gap to a minimum.

Per

b5blue

Clean, Green and Mean! It must feel good to have this done.  :cheers:

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: b5blue on January 17, 2010, 09:02:54 AM
Clean, Green and Mean! It must feel good to have this done.  :cheers:

Yes, the windows really makes a big difference. Worked on the gaps today and I'm rather satisfied considering I made the stupid mistake of doing the body/paintwork
part by part instead of first testfit everything unpainted, something I will definetly do in the challengerproject.
Planned to start the engine up again but there was no time so it will be for next time. :icon_smile_big:

Per

FLG

Your getting so close per!!

Cant wait to see it completed.

lexxman

Oh ya so close you could almost smell the exhaust and the rubber. ;D

Arthu®

It looks absolutely amazing! That will be one of the best looking Chargers on the European continent.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: Arthu® on January 17, 2010, 04:00:12 PM
It looks absolutely amazing! That will be one of the best looking Chargers on the European continent.

Arthur

Thanks Arthur :cheers: Hope to be able to show it to you at some Moparmeeting this summer. :2thumbs:

Per

CB

Quote from: Arthu® on January 17, 2010, 04:00:12 PM

Arthur

Next to Jeroens' red 68 R/T, those two are my top ranked Chargers :2thumbs:

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Belgium R/T -68

I know my brothers and sisters in Sweden have some really nice chargers. There is a -69 Hemi coming out this summer after 5 years in resto, that one
is the max of what I've seen in carrestorations. :2thumbs:

Per

rusty lee

Leonidas Rex

I have gone through every page in this thread and enjoyed watching your progress. Congratulations! You have a very, very nice car. I have learned quite a bit from your build. Thank you!

Belgium R/T -68

Time to get that grill ready :eek2: Have started with paintwork on the bezels and the doors. I bought a second grill some years back to be able to make one good out of two bad ones.

Per

CB

looking good Per!
next is mine  ;)
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Foreman72

man how is it that you do everything on this car perfectly :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: Foreman72 on January 31, 2010, 03:28:29 PM
man how is it that you do everything on this car perfectly :2thumbs:

Thanks Eric :cheers: Since it's a R/T with the original engine I want to minimize the work the day I decide I'm bored of a limegreen hotroded animal and
want to put it back to bone stock. If interior, grille, dash and other trim is done in a good way all I have to do is repainting and make some changes in the enginebay. :lol:

Per

Belgium R/T -68

This weekend I will try to do as much work as I can on the grille since that's keeping me from testdrive the car, wouldn't want the hood to come to close to my
windshield would I. :lol: Did some prep on the frame last summer after it was sandblasted so now it's sanding and painting left to do. Middlesection needs masking and painting
same as all the other parts. I have 4 vacuumactuators so I will try them all out to be sure I use the best ones to be restored. Fortunately we have the grillerestoration-
database, makes it a lot easier doing the detailing. :2thumbs:

Per