News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixtyeight

Hi,

Finally found the time to go through this post. I'm very impressed! :drool5:
Keep it up, it's going to be a fantastic ride!

Jeroen

Charger Registration of the Netherlands / www.charger.nl
1968 R/T Charger
1969 Base Charger

b5blue

Yup, oh yea and bleed the brakes!  :nana:

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: Sixtyeight on November 16, 2009, 09:58:32 AM
Hi,

Finally found the time to go through this post. I'm very impressed! :drool5:
Keep it up, it's going to be a fantastic ride!

Jeroen

Thanks Jeroen, you know yours was the first one I looked at before I started, learned me a lot. :2thumbs:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: b5blue on November 16, 2009, 09:59:28 AM

Yea, that's now the s**t. I don't want to start up without brakes, imagine it jumps into drive and straight into the wall. :eek2:

Per

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on November 16, 2009, 11:02:55 AM

Yea, that's now the s**t. I don't want to start up without brakes, imagine it jumps into drive and straight into the wall. :eek2:

Per

Start it with the rear wheels off the ground , on jack stands.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

b5blue

Are you planning on moving the car at all on first run? Depends on the situation but I like to keep them running if everything seems OK, all the way up to full temp. and then some.

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on November 16, 2009, 11:07:50 AM
Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on November 16, 2009, 11:02:55 AM

Per

Start it with the rear wheels off the ground , on jack stands.

Thanks Brian :cheers: You always have those logical answers to all my problems. :lol:

The steeringcolum is ready to go in aswell, just don't know if it isn't better to wait untill the dash is fastened so it doesn't bend in the coupling.

Per

b5blue

I forgot your column was out, yea it's a pain to adjust leave it till dash is 100%.

mopar_nut_440_6

That is a very nice job you are doing. Beautiful!  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Belgium R/T -68

Belgium R/T -68

As soon as the dashvents arrive and the dash can be properly mounted it will be a start-up on jackstands. I have almost build a
complete car but I can't get some stupid air out of my brakesystem. :pullinghair: The garage and tools are full of greasy brakeoil
and I just hate that brakesystem for the moment. Leaving for 2 days businesstrip to Germany tomorrow, hopefully that will get some
inspiration back. :brickwall:

Per

charger_cody

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on November 18, 2009, 03:56:19 PM
As soon as the dashvents arrive and the dash can be properly mounted it will be a start-up on jackstands. I have almost build a
complete car but I can't get some stupid air out of my brakesystem. :pullinghair: The garage and tools are full of greasy brakeoil
and I just hate that brakesystem for the moment. Leaving for 2 days businesstrip to Germany tomorrow, hopefully that will get some

Per

patience is a virtue. Just get on here and ask around.

Cody

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: charger_cody on November 19, 2009, 10:20:47 AM

Per

patience is a virtue. Just get on here and ask around.

Well Cody, we are a couple of guys trying to solve this. :icon_smile_big:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,62641.0.html

Per

Cody

mopar_nut_440_6

Per

Perhaps you can purchase or make a pressurized brake bleeding system. This is the best way. I used to sell Wagner brake products and we sold them to businesses and they work great.

Here is less expensive version.

http://www.speedibleed.com/

You can also fab one if you have time. Here is one persons solution which shoudl be pretty easy to do. I am sure with a little internet research you can find better information. I searched on "pressure bleeder brakes".

http://www.bmw-m.net/TechProc/bleeder.htm

Cheers,
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Belgium R/T -68

B5blue has proposed that aswell :2thumbs: Thanks for the links, I will check the possibilities as I am continuing trying out with what
I have.

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Postmen came yesterday with the package including the dashvents, unfortunatly nobody was home so it went back to the postterminal
3 miles from my home and 3 miles in the other direction from the postoffice. Went to the postoffice and asked if they could arrange for me to get my package but NO, "-you have to wait untill monday" :brickwall: Flexible, customeroriented service I call that. :icon_smile_angry:
Anyway, filled up the tank with gasoline and some other smaller preparations so once I have the vents I'm ready to turn the key. :icon_smile_big:

Per

CB, if you are still interested to hold the camera, let me know.

CB

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on November 21, 2009, 02:58:04 PM
CB, if you are still interested to hold the camera, let me know.

Cool! Check your PM box :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Sixtyeight

Hi,

Maybe I can be there too?  :cheers:

Jeroen.

1968 R/T Charger
1969 Base Charger

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: Sixtyeight on November 22, 2009, 11:05:58 AM
Hi,

Jeroen.

You are always welcome :cheers: We never came to that visit we talked about with Jeroen.

Per

Belgium R/T -68

So I went to the postoffice to get my dashvents today :icon_smile_big: Installed them together with the hoses which I by the way
mounted on the dashvents first because I have to cut them to lenght once I'm ready with the dashinstallation. Then I hanged the dash
in place which was a real PITA to do alone. :eek2: Tomorrow I will do the remaining work with the wiring and then install the steeringcolum.
No use to rush because the wheather here is a milder form of hurricane Katrina so the car can't go out for start-up anyway. :lol:
I gave up working with the brakes for now, maybe if some helpers come over I will give it another try. Maybe you get what you pay for,
it's a discbrakekit from ebay. :scratchchin:

Per

Sixtyeight

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on November 22, 2009, 12:22:59 PM
Quote from: Sixtyeight on November 22, 2009, 11:05:58 AM
Hi,

Jeroen.

You are always welcome :cheers: We never came to that visit we talked about with Jeroen.

Per

Just let me know when it's going to take place, and I'll be there :popcrn:

1968 R/T Charger
1969 Base Charger

Belgium R/T -68

Sure will Jeroen, then you can pump some air out of the brakelines aswell. :smilielol:

Per

Sixtyeight

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on November 23, 2009, 03:38:41 PM
Sure will Jeroen, then you can pump some air out of the brakelines aswell. :smilielol:

Per

Will do, NP... :cheers:

Jeroen

1968 R/T Charger
1969 Base Charger

Belgium R/T -68

Steeringcolum is mounted and most things connected under dash that needs to be done. New turnlever and steeringwheel also in place.
Note the ignitionkeys are hanging there to tempt me to start up the engine. :yesnod: Now it's mostly up to the wheather for when it will be.

Per

b5blue