News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back N Black

Man! your doing awesome work on that car.  :2thumbs:

jaak

Foreman72

Quote from: lisiecki1 on October 20, 2009, 03:02:49 PM
that engine is so sweet it makes my teeth hurt.  :icon_smile_big:

i got sooo many cavities...

per that engine bay looks a m a z i n g
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks guys :cheers: If only I could start up the monster, even thinking about hooking up the dashharness and go for it if the dash isn't ready
very very soon. :icon_smile_big: Finalised the electric for the engine today and filled up water and tranny oil. The engineharness goes under the
manifold to keep the look a little bit cleaner. The reservoar for the servopump is realy a bitch, you have to poor really slowly and turn the pulley for circulation otherwise it floods over. :brickwall: There is no way to know how much you have in it.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

FLG

Quote from: The70RT on October 23, 2009, 02:34:22 PM
That sure is Pur-dy  ;D

More like "Per-dy" ....yea lame joke per...

Looking good!

Belgium R/T -68

After filling up the radiator the other day I jacked up the front for some work under the car and discovered that my new heatercore is leaking. :flame:
"Inspected by M1" the sticker says, :brickwall: Am I lucky I didn't get my dash ready yet and started up the car and making the waterdamage worse. :eek2: Maybe I should have pressuretested it first but I didn't, lesson learned the hard way.
This project has definetly learned me a lot about pitfalls when restoring a car, I hope I will use these learnings in the challengerproject. :lol:

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Would have costed me 150$ to repair the new one so I pressuretested the old one and it's fine. :icon_smile_big:

Per

six-tee-nine

I always like to learn from other peoples worries, sorry per..... :angel:

next checkpoint in my book when finishing my heatercore : pressuretest   :nana:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Charger440RDN

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: six-tee-nine on October 28, 2009, 02:52:42 PM
I always like to learn from other peoples worries, sorry per..... :angel:

next checkpoint in my book when finishing my heatercore : pressuretest   :nana:

This project, beeing my first one has learned me a lot on what to do and what not to do, where to buy and when in the project.
I hope I will use these learnings in the challenger project.

Per

CB

Nice meeting you, Per!
I must say, the Charger looks awesome :2thumbs:
Hope to see and hear more of that beauty :yesnod:
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

john.v

:drool5: :drool5: one nice project and is coming together very good. not to slow, not to fast.  :2thumbs: 1000 points for your project
also let me know where you are going to post the Challanger project so i can also see that  :popcrn:

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: CB on October 31, 2009, 12:08:16 PM
Nice meeting you, Per!
I must say, the Charger looks awesome :2thumbs:
Hope to see and hear more of that beauty :yesnod:
CB

Nice to finally meet and discover you have a forummeber almost as a neighbour. :cheers:

Looking forward to cruise around in our chargers next year. :2thumbs:

Per

motorcitydak

I just read your entire thread here, slow night at work. Thanks for the inspiration and walk thru of a rebuilt on these cars. Mine is still in the really early stages buts its great to see what it can look like in the end. Can you put up a pic of the car with that black hood you said is going on the car?
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

CB

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on November 01, 2009, 03:15:04 AM
Nice to finally meet and discover you have a forummeber almost as a neighbour. :cheers:
Looking forward to cruise around in our chargers next year. :2thumbs:

Per

:cheers:
I live half an hour away (about 30 miles), 
With Koen (six-tee-nine), me and you we hopefully gonna have some great times!
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: john.v on October 31, 2009, 03:52:19 PM
:drool5: :drool5: one nice project and is coming together very good. not to slow, not to fast.  :2thumbs: 1000 points for your project
also let me know where you are going to post the Challanger project so i can also see that  :popcrn:

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,62341.0.html

Here it is John.

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: motorcitydak on November 01, 2009, 05:14:52 AM
I just read your entire thread here, slow night at work. Thanks for the inspiration and walk thru of a rebuilt on these cars. Mine is still in the really early stages buts its great to see what it can look like in the end. Can you put up a pic of the car with that black hood you said is going on the car?

The car will have the stock hood, limegreen to start with. The new AMD hood I will cut open when I have worked off all restpoints I guess I will have
once it's running and driving. I have no hurry to put the scoophood to the car.

Per

charger_cody

So per i have decided officialy that this is my fav thread on this site. :cheers: I just want to see pictures i dont care if its the underside of your tire. I love the pics on this thread.  :2thumbs:

Cody

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: charger_cody on November 02, 2009, 10:38:35 AM
So per i have decided officialy that this is my fav thread on this site. :cheers: I just want to see pictures i dont care if its the underside of your tire. I love the pics on this thread.  :2thumbs:

Cody

Thanks Cody :cheers: You are a big motivator for me. :2thumbs:

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Finally got the paint alright on the dash, only took 3 months. :eek2: Started to put in my "new" instrumentcluster restored by "lilwendal",
had it in my homeoffice for 2 years just looking at it. :icon_smile_big: Mike really performs great work. The rest of the bezels will need some small
adjustments and the CD player also needs some thinking for best possible mounting on the back. I will assemble as much as possible incl the harness
before I hang it in the car and then it's start-up time. :yesnod:

Per

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

john.v

Belgium R/T -68

Continued with the new dashpad that had a very good fitting although I heard otherwise but maybe it differs from vendors. Heatercontrol,
dashvents and the VIN-plate is also in place now. The rest of the day will be spent on the harness with a lot of breakes for coffe because
it's getting cold in my garage and finework like this doesn't fit my body having poor blodcirkulation.

Per

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html