News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

FSM said 45lb torque for U bolts, over-tightening can cause spring friction, producing a "booming" noise inside the car.   

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: b5blue on August 21, 2009, 04:42:43 PM
FSM said 45lb torque for U bolts, over-tightening can cause spring friction, producing a "booming" noise inside the car.   

Thanks, I guess the rather low torque is due to that there is some "selfclampingforce" (???) or am I thinking wrong here? :scratchchin:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

charger_cody

Belgium, When did you start your resto??

Cody

firefighter3931

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on August 22, 2009, 01:29:09 AM
Quote from: b5blue on August 21, 2009, 04:42:43 PM

Thanks, I guess the rather low torque is due to that there is some "selfclampingforce" (???) or am I thinking wrong here? :scratchchin:

Per

Looking good Per !  :2thumbs:

I've never used loctite on the u-bolts and never had one come loose.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

b5blue

Per this is another one of the engineering details Mother MoPar worked out! Why 40lb for 71/4 axle and 45lb for others? Why 10lb for the little bolt and nut in the middle of the spring? Why 125lb (!) for the front bushing bolt/nut but 30lb for the front mounting plate's nuts? :shruggy: Your doing a super job on that car did you give it a nick name yet?

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: charger_cody on August 22, 2009, 08:39:50 AM
Belgium, When did you start your resto??

Cody

Hi Cody,
I started the tear down spring 2007.

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: b5blue on August 22, 2009, 09:11:30 AM
Per this is another one of the engineering details Mother MoPar worked out! Why 40lb for 71/4 axle and 45lb for others? Why 10lb for the little bolt and nut in the middle of the spring? Why 125lb (!) for the front bushing bolt/nut but 30lb for the front mounting plate's nuts? :shruggy: Your doing a super job on that car did you give it a nick name yet?

Never thought of a nickname :scratchchin: What about "The green mean machine"?

Per

b5blue

Mean Green....... :scratchchin:........it's got a ring to it........Green Mean......... :scratchchin:..........I was thinking ChargThor...or something to tie in to the Norse connection....... :scratchchin:......it will come to ya! We call mine just "Blue" and sometimes people are like WTF and we have to explain. :cheers:

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: b5blue on August 22, 2009, 02:35:32 PM
Mean Green....... :scratchchin:........it's got a ring to it........Green Mean......... :scratchchin:..........I was thinking ChargThor...or something to tie in to the Norse connection....... :scratchchin:......it will come to ya! We call mine just "Blue" and sometimes people are like WTF and we have to explain. :cheers:

I do happen to be Swedish even though Norway is the neighbour country. ;) Also like shorter names.

Per

b5blue

You guys make great meatballs! (Had them at my wedding!) :lol:

Belgium R/T -68

The Charger is ready on the underside :icon_smile_big: Exhaustsystem, new deeper oilpan for the tranny and the lines for the trannycooler
is all in place. Now I have to finnish up the dash and we are ready to fire up. :2thumbs:

Per

b5blue

The tranny lines came out nice Per, did you have them made?

The70RT

Looks great. Your really making it a thing of beauty. I would throw those jack stands out before something bad happens though.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: b5blue on August 23, 2009, 08:47:07 AM

Yes, found a hydraulic shop who made them for me.

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: The70RT on August 23, 2009, 08:51:35 AM
Looks great. Your really making it a thing of beauty. I would throw those jack stands out before something bad happens though.

Thanks :cheers: That's why I never remove the jack under the rear axle ;)

Per

six-tee-nine

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on August 23, 2009, 08:59:13 AM
Quote from: b5blue on August 23, 2009, 08:47:07 AM

Yes, found a hydraulic shop who made them for me.

Per

Great you did find a place to get you going....

Make a vid of that 500 when its shaking your driveway and stash it on to youtube so we all can get the creeps  :D
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

evansdieselperformance

Wow, that is a dang nice looking car. Not many people in my neck of the woods take the time you did on this car. It's awesome to see someone take so much pride in what they're building. My charger is going to be a long haul of a resto, but the second gen charger is definitely worth it. Again, car looks awesome man.

charger_cody

What exaust did you end up using??

Cody

Belgium R/T -68

cody,
I have TTI 1 7/8" headers, TTI 2.5" X-pipesystem with Dynomax Ultra flow mufflers. :2thumbs:

Per

Belgium R/T -68

I guess I have to postpone the startup plans a little bit, I realizied that I'd better install the doors before the dash and by doing that
the doors should be completed with glas and everything to have the correct weight for adjusting the position (thanks Brian).
Before they can go in I need to paint the inside black and fix my doorhinges, hopefully I can manage this this week.

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Fixed my doorhinges today, new bushings and pins. Big thanks to Randy (lisiecki1) for providing me with the drill and reamer. :2thumbs:
Will paint the second door tonight so I can hang them later in the week. :icon_smile_big:

Per

WM23N1G1

Your work is really inspiring. :2thumbs:

lisiecki1

Glad I could help buddy!  That's the first time I've ever seen anything from overseas that I've actually had in my possession before! ;)
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

six-tee-nine

Per May I keep that part of the drill and reamer in mind? I might need one to rebuilt my hinges from time to time.......

By the way where did you get the rebuilt kits from?
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Belgium R/T -68

No problem Koen :2thumbs: I bought the kit from Paddock, it's a MP kit. Don't know what they sell on ebay, surely it's cheaper. :eek2:
Sixpack speedshop also have and with those ones you evidently don't have to drill. :scratchchin:

Per