News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: b5blue on June 09, 2009, 12:14:18 PM
SWEET!! Did you get your U bolts sorted out for the rear springs yet! You are getting closer!  :2thumbs:

New ones with correct length are on their way from United States of America, :2thumbs: I guess shipment 182 for this car. :eek2:
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

b5blue

WOW 182!  :o Shipping must be big $$! Do you have to import tires also or can you get them there?

Belgium R/T -68

You can buy them here but I try to buy them overthere when I can use containershipment as I did a lot before.

Belgium R/T -68

Not much progres this weekend, was to good wheather to stay in the garage. :eek2: Did paint the front of the radiatorsupport in
satin black and started looking at my grilles, I bought an extra last year in case I needed spareparts so I took both apart to check what to use from
which. All 4 actuators works and the doors doesn't have any damages so it's looking good so far, as long as I don't think about how to mask between
the silver and the black fields. :eek2:

Per

69*F5*SE

By the way everything else has turned out, I don't think you'll have any problem with making the grille look great.   :2thumbs:

Belgium R/T -68

I guess it's all about having patience and don't stress, reading all the other threads about grillrestos to pick up some tips. :cheers:

Belgium R/T -68

Finally got the rear brakes together after looking for the correct springs like forever, also painted the new drums with correct paint!!
Now it's waiting for the big day when the vinyltop will go on, I have delayed that long enough now. The stroker is ready to go in aswell
so slowly I'm getting there. :icon_smile_big: Was thinking about the steeringcolum, is it easier to mount that one before the engine goes in? :scratchchin:

Per

Al

A thing of beauty is a joy forever  :o
1968 Dodge Charger, 383, UU1

Foreman72

that is one heck of a good looking engine
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

b5blue

Are you running headers? Column isn't bad to do with motor in place and with stock manifold exhaust!  :2thumbs: (I just removed/repaired/reinstalled my 70's, floorshift auto.)

Belgium R/T -68

I will have headers so maybe install it first? Just think it looks kind of weard without the dash. :eek2:

Per

lexxman

Things are looking up,man it's seems like forever till I get mine to trhat stage. :2thumbs:

b5blue

So the instrument cluster and wire harness are all ready, dash pad, heater and duct work, all before column I think (?)  :shruggy:

Brock Samson

:o that sure is one shiney engine!  :o  :drool5:  :2thumbs:

Belgium R/T -68

Back in the garage after a week in Sweden and finishing up at work to be able to enjoy 4 weeks of vacation which will be spent
mainly in the garage. :icon_smile_big: Heaterbox is ready, after sanding and painting all the parts the most of the time went to glue all the foam. :eek2: Luckely the kit from Detroit Muscles had a good instruction and all pieces precut. :2thumbs: New screws, heatercore and motor
makes it like new. Now I'm doubting weather I should put the engine in place or do the vinyltop first, I don't know why I'm always delaying that vinyltop? :scratchchin:

Per

Belgium R/T -68

The taillights and bumper installed for testfitting.

69*F5*SE

b5blue

Really, Really, Really nice! (sitting there on your checker board flooring!)  :cheers:

Belgium R/T -68

Things are running rather good now since it's vacation but I also discovered my first real setback, will take it up in the tranny section.
The dash is almost done after hours and hours of sanding, I really see what the rutten floor and windshieldframe led to. The highlight
though is that I got the stroker in place together with the tranny and the TTI headers :icon_smile_big: real nice stuff those TTI, just
like they jump in place of themselves.

Per

Belgium R/T -68

The progress on the dash.

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  still love that color , great pictures  that motor too  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

lexxman

You'll be driving that around in no time by the looks of it.It's really coming along. :2thumbs:

six-tee-nine

Per,

I'm in vacation as of next week myself and I would like to come over and take a peek at this piece of droolmachine myself on a day.....

I'll phone you one of the upcoming days.

Koen
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: moparstuart on July 16, 2009, 02:47:05 PM
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  still love that color , great pictures  that motor too  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

The black hood on your 69 suits perfect to that car :2thumbs: It's nice to play around with colours. :cheers:

Per

charger_cody

Can i have your challenger for an old 73 charger thats kinda beat up?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: