News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: Gounthar on May 22, 2009, 05:18:52 AM
Hi,
Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on December 13, 2008, 06:42:00 AM
Picked up the parts that were Powdercoated, time to start to think about the rear end. :scratchchin: The best news of all though
is that we found a new house with both space for the cars and horses. :icon_smile_big:
Where did you get your parts powder coated, and how much did it cost?
TIA!

Hello TIA! It was a local hobbyshop and it costed 450 euro for everything.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Belgium R/T -68

Besides starting up the strokerbuild I done some assembling this weekend. Started up under the car with the brakes but are missing some springs
so those have to wait. The tank went up but I saw that no new nuts were included when you by new straps and bolts.  :eek2:
I also have mounted the QA1 shocks but the sleeve isn't big enough at the top, should I put some washers in betwenn. :scratchchin:
With the fuel and brakelines I have to look up some pics from other restos to see the correct routing.
I have also done some painting of future needed parts for the brakes among others.

Per

Hemidog

69*F5*SE

Belgium R/T -68

XS29L9B2

hello you have a very beautiful project i m french and i have on 69 charger R/T matching number.
my car is in restauration also.
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: XS29L9B2 on May 24, 2009, 03:07:05 PM
hello you have a very beautiful project i m french and i have on 69 charger R/T matching number.
my car is in restauration also.
Thanks :cheers: Maybe we will meet somewhere on a meeting overhere in Europe sometime. :icon_smile_big:

WM23N1G1

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on May 24, 2009, 01:16:36 PM
Quote from: Gounthar on May 22, 2009, 05:18:52 AM
Hi,
Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on December 13, 2008, 06:42:00 AM
Picked up the parts that were Powdercoated, time to start to think about the rear end. :scratchchin: The best news of all though
is that we found a new house with both space for the cars and horses. :icon_smile_big:
Where did you get your parts powder coated, and how much did it cost?
TIA!

Hello TIA! It was a local hobbyshop and it costed 450 euro for everything.

Per
Thanks for your answer. I would have liked to get the rear axle coated, and as I live in North of Germany, I could have used the same shop. ::)
Did you clean the parts before powdercoating, or did the shop clean them for you?
Quite difficult to clean the parts with redneck methods...

Belgium R/T -68

They sandblast them first, before the powdercoating.

Belgium R/T -68

I will be a PITA for a while because I have lost a lot of pics from my computer. :'( Lucky I have you guys. :icon_smile_big:

Is this routing correct for the pass side brakeline? Have seen those going under the framerail aswell? :scratchchin:

Per

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

lexxman

It's really starting to take shape,you'll be driving around in no time. :2thumbs:

Belgium R/T -68

Continued with the brakesetup, I would like to test the brakes before engine and dashboard comes in if somethings wrong.
The brakebooster has a adjustable rod so I guess that's something that can be tricky?

Getting closer and closer is the vinylroof assy :eek2: I lay awake several nights a week thinking about how that will be since I never did that before. :scratchchin:

69*F5*SE

Looks very good.  You're doing a great job.   :yesnod:

Belgium R/T -68

jaak

looking great, dude!  :2thumbs: I plan to install my top myself too, good luck with yours. Be sure to take pics and share the experience with us.

Jason

Belgium R/T -68

There will be no room for familyactivities this weekend either :icon_smile_big: the heaterbox needs some attention.
The wife and children is starting to get a little bit irritated over my time spended in the garage and I havn't even started
tearing the Challenger apart. :eek2:

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Put the wiperlinkage together with new sealings and clips but again :brickwall: must have lost the plastic "bushing"? needed between
the linkage and the little crank. Again, never moove during a project like this. If somebody knows the name of the piece or even better knows
where to find one please let me know. :2thumbs:

b5blue

"wiper arm bushing" eBay 7.99-14.99 need to know if it's a 2 or 3 speed... :2thumbs: let me know if you have trouble.

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: b5blue on June 06, 2009, 03:53:58 PM
"wiper arm bushing" eBay 7.99-14.99 need to know if it's a 2 or 3 speed... :2thumbs: let me know if you have trouble.

Found one on ebay :2thumbs: Assembled the painted frame for the headliner at the rear window with new clips and screws :icon_smile_big:
and after testing 10 different colours I painted the taillightpanel with Toatally Autos organosol. I will see tomorrow if I have to add one moore
layer because at the test it gave some shiny spots here and there.

69*F5*SE

The car is going to look great   :drool5:

Belgium R/T -68

Continued with breakinf of the heaterbox, sure was rusty inside. :eek2: Now a little bit sandblasting and nice paint and we are ready for the winter. :icon_smile_big: I found a restokit for it on ebay from Detroit Muscles, looks really nice with all foam and gaskets. :2thumbs:

six-tee-nine

Going great there......

I guess you were lucky with the gaskets from jim Fillmore, I ordered mine over a year ago and never got a thing, probably went missing along the way...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Belgium R/T -68

The organosol looks good so far meaning I can shortly start to build up the rear end. :icon_smile_big:

b5blue

SWEET!! Did you get your U bolts sorted out for the rear springs yet! You are getting closer!  :2thumbs: