News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on January 09, 2009, 12:08:05 PM
Would the angle of the housing be normal? :scratchchin:

As long as the pegs on the springs line up you should be fine. After it is all together and more weight is applied it will flatten out the angle  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: The70RT on January 09, 2009, 08:23:22 PM
Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on January 09, 2009, 12:08:05 PM
Would the angle of the housing be normal? :scratchchin:

As long as the pegs on the springs line up you should be fine. After it is all together and more weight is applied it will flatten out the angle  :2thumbs:

Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Belgium R/T -68

Still waiting for the 4 nuts for the U-bolts, for the rest nothing much has happend. Did get the last parts sandblasted though.

69*F5*SE

Progress is progress   :2thumbs:  Ted

Belgium R/T -68

Keep myself busy with rebuilding an old cowmilking building to a garage since we are forced to moove in April so the charger has to wait
a little. Meanwhile I learn a lot reading all kind of threads here giving excellent inputs.  :2thumbs:

b5blue

Are you going to cut the u bolts off? I just put new springs on my 70 yesterday and they only come down below the nuts about 1 1/4 inch on the drivers side and less than that on the passengers side. Those seem too long? Everything looks FANTASTIC!!! That Charger is going to be HOT!!! :2thumbs:

lexxman

Your getting close to the finish line and it's looking great.Boy does it reminds me how much work I still have too do.

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: b5blue on March 22, 2009, 08:27:18 PM
Are you going to cut the u bolts off? I just put new springs on my 70 yesterday and they only come down below the nuts about 1 1/4 inch on the drivers side and less than that on the passengers side. Those seem too long? Everything looks FANTASTIC!!! That Charger is going to be HOT!!! :2thumbs:

It's the same lenght as the ones I had before and these ones are MP so it should be correct? :scratchchin:

b5blue

Yes! I looked up some photos in my MoPar books and saw several just like yours! They just looked much longer then mine having just finished the same job the day before.I didn't mean to worry you, the car looks super!! :2thumbs:

Belgium R/T -68

If you wonder why nothing is happening in this project, this is the answer. Within 2 weeks this has to be ready as garage for my cars and parts
since we are mooving then. :eek2:

six-tee-nine

Well Per I feel your pain...
I'm also in serious shortage of space wich makes that my '72 280sel Benz has to stand on my lawn (the wife doesn(t like that) and you can almost hear it rust since these cars rust like hell when stored outside.....

Altough you have alot of work to do, you will have a nice space when ready...
When you're moved and the shop is finished, i'll come and visit you to check out your progress on the '68.

BTW, is the GTX vert sold yet? Too bad i don't have the funds for it cuz I love that car...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

lexxman

Oh man you have a lot to do,you have your work cut out for you anyway.good luck with it. :cheers:

Belgium R/T -68

My 3rd member with a new set of 3.55 gears is ready for installation, soon I can put the charger on wheels. :icon_smile_big:
Do I need to assemble the brakes to put wheels on the driveaxles?  :scratchchin:

b5blue

I think all you need are the backing plates, they are part of the assembly. Good to hear you are making progress..how is the Moo-par garage coming along?

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: b5blue on April 07, 2009, 09:23:20 PM
I think all you need are the backing plates, they are part of the assembly. Good to hear you are making progress..how is the Moo-par garage coming along?

Thanks for asking :cheers: I'm getting there, hope to have the cementtruck there friday to make the floors.

b5blue

Good luck with the concrete! :2thumbs:

Finn

Make sure to slope the floor enough to drain it where you want it to go. Where Im working on my charger collects puddles and it sucks.. :Twocents:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

charger_cody

So belgium?? How did everything come out with the new building/floor?

Just curious.

Cody :scratchchin:

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: charger_cody on April 08, 2009, 01:20:25 PM

Just curious.

Friday is the big day. :icon_smile_big:

Per

charger_cody

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on April 08, 2009, 02:40:00 PM
Quote from: charger_cody on April 08, 2009, 01:20:25 PM

Just curious.

Friday is the big day. :icon_smile_big:

Per
Be sure to post plenty of pics please.  :cheers:

b5blue

Have you compacted the dirt, are you putting any rebar in, you adding fiber to the mix, are you allowing for expansion and contracting, are you going to screet it yourself, what about running pvc pipe for the electrical, for a car you going at least 4 inches thick? Can you tell I've been in construction too long? (I'll refrain from asking about batter boards and the fly-ash % in the mix)  :2thumbs:   

Belgium R/T -68

Over here we would say you have a occupational disease.  :smilielol: I will ask the deliveryman about the mix. :2thumbs:

richard pettys 73

Quote from: b5blue on April 09, 2009, 07:49:42 AM
Have you compacted the dirt, are you putting any rebar in, you adding fiber to the mix, are you allowing for expansion and contracting, are you going to screet it yourself, what about running pvc pipe for the electrical, for a car you going at least 4 inches thick? Can you tell I've been in construction too long? (I'll refrain from asking about batter boards and the fly-ash % in the mix)  :2thumbs:   

:iagree:
woundering if you are going to use a 3500 mix?? 4000??  ;D with a little calcium to help it set up quicker or maybe plasticizer to help the concrete flow better?  :popcrn:
YES MY NAME REALLY IS RICHARD PETTY
I JUST DONT HAVE HIS CAR......YET

b5blue

OH YEA..THAT'S THE STUFF I'M TALKING ABOUT...MUD MAKES GOOD THINGS BETTER!! :yesnod:

charger_cody

TODAY IS THE BIG DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOODLUCK

CODY

Dont forgett pics.