News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingjoop

great project  :2thumbs: keep up the good work... LOVE the color on that ride  :drool5:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T (8barrel 500Ci)
Only milk comes in 2 liters

My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber.

Hot Chicks and much more Horsepower: www.performancegirls.com

Belgium R/T -68

Christmas in the garage :icon_smile_big: The Charger packed in for saturdays paintwork on the underside.
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Belgium R/T -68

Underside was painted today in my homemade paintbox. :icon_smile_big: First a layer of protection/insulation and the limegreen.
During the waitingtime I do some other paintwork on stuff that has to be refinnished or new things with transportissues. Now it's
2 days waiting for the paint to be really hard and then I can put the car on stands and begin assembly. :icon_smile_big:

b5blue

Do you shoot any thing inside the frame rails?I admire your effort!I have worked on many British cars and know the pain of getting parts and know how from over seas, and they spoke English! 

six-tee-nine

Trust me, the language is the least of our problems here in Europe......

Freigth cost an import tax on parts if you want it fast  :eek2: :eek2:
Trust me we pay our Chargers 1/3 more only on tax fees.

BTW Per, You're moving on quite fast lately...... you really want to drive that beast next summer do ya :2thumbs:

Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Belgium R/T -68

B5,
I havn't done anything special about the inside of the rails.

Koen,
I would like to have the car on wheels before we moove, the moore parts on the car the less I have to bring to my new garage. :2thumbs:

Belgium R/T -68

Steeringbox got new bearings and sealings and some Eastwood Detail grey. I also unpacked the engineblock for the strokerbuild, it came
from the machineshop already a year ago. I guess I underestimated the bodywork a little bit. :P

Here is the strokerbuild:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,51740.0.html

six-tee-nine

Per,

In one of the pictures i see you have a 8.3/4 rear powdercoated for your 68. I thought you had a Dana for the car....

I'm just saying.....If you're not intended to use the Dana, give me a ring, I'd be seriously interested in it (that is if you want to get rid of it...)
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Belgium R/T -68

A big moment today :icon_smile_big: Did my first assembly on this car beeing my first total resto. K-frame and leafsprings.
Nice to work with things beeing new or refinnished, also the subframeconnectors arrived today. They still need some paint though I saw. ;)
Happy New Year to you all and let's hope we get a great Chargeryear 2009. :cheers:

b5blue

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!You are going to turn some heads when that one hits the street!!!!

Belgium R/T -68

Still some parts that needs sandblasting and painting, do have a problem with the spring for the E-brake lever, it goes through
the hole were it should stop towards. Any ideas?

Hemidog

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on January 01, 2009, 02:22:05 PM
Still some parts that needs sandblasting and painting, do have a problem with the spring for the E-brake lever, it goes through
the hole were it should stop towards. Any ideas?
Mine did too, I just pushed it behind the bracket, and bent the end of the spring, so that is stops there, maybe not correct, but it works.

Belgium R/T -68

Tomorrow I will start with the disc brake assy, soon I can put it on wheels. :icon_smile_big:

71bigblock

Wow, awesome project!  I bet it feels great putting stuff back together.  Kinda like turning the corner. 
1971 Dodge Challenger 383/727 #'s matching                 (oo׀===׀׀===׀oo)
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5 spd manual                         (o)≡≡≡≡≡≡(o)
2007 Dodge Magnum SXT                                              Oo (-+-) oO

Belgium R/T -68

Except for working on the engine I could also continue with the front suspension. With the QA1 shockers I used stock type
bushings and washers at the top, I hope that's OK? The stuff coming with the shocks didn't look that good to me.

Belgium R/T -68

I also had time to dissassemble the -489 housing. First sandblasting and paint, then put in the new 3.55 gearset. :icon_smile_big:

Belgium R/T -68

Last day before starting to work tomorrow after 2 weeks holiday :icon_smile_dissapprove: Hanged up all remaining suspensionparts and
"smashed" in the Torsionbars. Next step will be to start with the rear end. ;D

moparstuart

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on January 04, 2009, 10:56:43 AM
Last day before starting to work tomorrow after 2 weeks holiday :icon_smile_dissapprove: Hanged up all remaining suspensionparts and
"smashed" in the Torsionbars. Next step will be to start with the rear end. ;D
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  love that color
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks Stuart :cheers: I think I made a mistake painting the radiator support green, wouldn't I now see the green throu the grille? :brickwall:

PocketThunder

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on January 04, 2009, 11:24:29 AM
Thanks Stuart :cheers: I think I made a mistake painting the radiator support green, wouldn't I now see the green throu the grille? :brickwall:

Just mask it off and spray it black.   :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 05, 2009, 02:16:25 PM

All of it of the part visible from the grill?

PocketThunder

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on January 05, 2009, 02:30:10 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on January 05, 2009, 02:16:25 PM

All of it of the part visible from the grill?

Here is how the birthday boy did it.  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,5621.msg65973.html#msg65973

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks for the link :2thumbs: Now i get it.

Belgium R/T -68

Hanged up the axle housing, doesn't the angle look strange? Like it's pointing upwards. :scratchchin: When I ordered the 4 U-bolts
a year ago I also only bought 4 nuts instead of 8 :brickwall: Must have had a bad day at that moment. ;)

Belgium R/T -68

Would the angle of the housing be normal? :scratchchin: