News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexxman

Belgium R/T -68

Due to very bad wheather following the start up I waited to be able to drive my car. This week summer arrived and I started up the car again to be able to drive for break-in but then after idling it for a while a heavy mechanical noice appears.
Not always initially but more and more and then dissapear for while and come back again. It's somewhere under the car but what it is? I checked the starterbolts, converterbolts and all the rest I could think of. I more lean towards transmission then engine. Will this never stop with this car?  :brickwall:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

AirborneSilva

Man!  Sorry to hear of your issue, I hope that after all the work you've done on the motor that it is the trans, in any case good luck to ya  :2thumbs:

RIDELIKEHELL

Keep your head up Per you'll nip it soon!
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

68Charger4me

Maybe the converter bolts hitting the cover?  it's happened to me, makes alot of noise!!

lexxman

If you don't find it maybe shot a short video so we could hear it. :Twocents:

Dino

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on July 26, 2012, 10:44:07 AM
Due to very bad wheather following the start up I waited to be able to drive my car. This week summer arrived and I started up the car again to be able to drive for break-in but then after idling it for a while a heavy mechanical noice appears.
Not always initially but more and more and then dissapear for while and come back again. It's somewhere under the car but what it is? I checked the starterbolts, converterbolts and all the rest I could think of. I more lean towards transmission then engine. Will this never stop with this car?  :brickwall:

Per

Flex plate bolts?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Dino on July 26, 2012, 05:11:51 PM
Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on July 26, 2012, 10:44:07 AM

Per

Flex plate bolts?

That was my first thought too.

Belgium R/T -68

Flexplatebolts was on my list also but after 10 minutes idling? Doublechecked just over spec torque?

Have removed the cover but no change.

Per

roger440

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on July 27, 2012, 05:51:58 AM
Flexplatebolts was on my list also but after 10 minutes idling? Doublechecked just over spec torque?

Per

Guessing you wont be at the nationals :(
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

Belgium R/T -68

Roger, I guess not  :'( Ted, my engineguy will be there and come to me afterwards.

Per

Finn

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on July 27, 2012, 05:51:58 AM

Per

Mine had backed out on the engine side:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K95WEADonH8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5GC_Msdx1k&feature=plcp

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Belgium R/T -68

Had they loosened or to long so the hit the engineblock?

Per

6pkrtse

Awesome work! It sounds and looks great 
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Belgium R/T -68

Converterbolts loose, problem solved.  :yesnod: Tomorrow testdriving.  :2thumbs:

Per

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on August 04, 2012, 11:04:57 AM
Converterbolts loose, problem solved.  :yesnod: Tomorrow testdriving.  :2thumbs:

Per

Very relieved for you Per! You must be very happy.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Steve P.

It's great you are back on track, Per. I think we've all been down the converter bolt thing at some point..

:2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

FLG

Ghoste

Quote from: Steve P. on August 04, 2012, 02:09:23 PM
It's great you are back on track, Per. I think we've all been down the converter bolt thing at some point..

:2thumbs:

I know I have.  Good to hear you got it.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

firefighter3931

Quote from: FLG on August 04, 2012, 02:33:50 PM
Great per.

Use.some lock tite

Loc-tite is a must !  :yesnod:

Hope the test drive is pleasurable  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Belgium R/T -68

I don't know what to say, why doesn't my bad luck stop? Took the car out for a couple of cruises finally and everything went just fine, engine spinning great.
Came home and parked the car and a few hours later I should just put it back into the garage when a heavy noice occured and I could hardly drive it in.
2 pushrods bent when starting the engine, how is this possible?

Per

JB400

Bad batch maybe.  Are you using stock rockers or did you use aftermarket rollers?  Also, did you have any mill work done? :rotz: