News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

After having the block machined, new pistons it's finally ready for being put
back in the car. The reason for the delay is partly the shop and partly me having
lost my motivation. During this period I also paid the high price many of you have done when tearing down a car in a million peaces and then looses the will of continuing the project, I'm relating to the chally vert Hemiproject. I've sold it
but ofcourse with a huge loss, at least I got my money back on the Hemi engine.
The chally went in a container to Finland.
But now I'm here again and feel motivated to start getting dirty again and finally after all these years be able to burn some rubber with my Charger.  :icon_smile_big:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

moparstuart

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on June 26, 2012, 02:05:10 PM
After having the block machined, new pistons it's finally ready for being put
back in the car. The reason for the delay is partly the shop and partly me having
lost my motivation. During this period I also paid the high price many of you have done when tearing down a car in a million peaces and then looses the will of continuing the project, I'm relating to the chally vert Hemiproject. I've sold it
but ofcourse with a huge loss, at least I got my money back on the Hemi engine.
The chally went in a container to Finland.
But now I'm here again and feel motivated to start getting dirty again and finally after all these years be able to burn some rubber with my Charger.  :icon_smile_big:

Per
i didnt know your motor blew up ?   what happened  per ???????????
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Belgium R/T -68

The bores were wrongly honed so I went from 0.040" to 0.055" boresize
in 200 miles.  :'(

Per

b5blue

Good to see you back my friend!  :cheers:

lexxman

I know what you mean per,I've been trying to get some motivation going on my project. Keep us updated.

Darkman

It is funny how you get a head full of steam and do some great stuff, then BAM one little trip up and you wonder why the hell you took it on. Let it sit for a while and then the cycle hits again.

If car restoration was easy everyone would do it. It is a shame about the vert project.

Look on the bright side Per....at least you have 1 nice Mopar to drive soon.

Oh and welcome back  :wave:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Belgium R/T -68

Got the engine installed today but waow did I feel it's almost a year ago I wrenched. Took me half the day to get the driverside headers in place and the starter, pain and scratches everywhere.  :eek2:
Tomorrow I will try to finish the underside, that's the worst.

Per

b5blue

GOOD!  :yesnod: Keep it up Per! Your car is fantastic!  :2thumbs: Soon the fun will start!   :coolgleamA:

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

lexxman

That engine looks great in there. :2thumbs: I hope you post a video when your finished so we can hear it. ;D

six-tee-nine

Per let me know when its ready to roar. I need a motivation bump too......

I need to finally drag my ass over to you so we can discuss the shipping thing so I can get my parts over here. Maybe then I can get a little motivated again if I ca finally start my body work.

Glad to see you back again....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks all  :cheers: Just have the exhaustpipes and some wiringwork left, should be ready for start-up any day now.  :yesnod:

Per

b5blue

roger440

Hey Per, does that mean you will be coming over to the Mopar Nationals at the Pod?
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

firefighter3931

Good to see you posting again Per  :2thumbs:

Looking forward to your progress pics and drive report  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Steve P.

Damn..... Lotttttts of pages since I last saw this thread.. WOW!!!!!  Looking fantastic. Really Per, beautiful car and great job.....  :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Belgium R/T -68

Again thanks guys  :cheers: I'm ready to fire up  :2thumbs: Just need that small
piece of selfconfidende to dare turning the key  :yesnod:

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: roger440 on July 09, 2012, 04:30:51 PM
Hey Per, does that mean you will be coming over to the Mopar Nationals at the Pod?

Hi, I will certainly do my best.  :yesnod:

Per

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on July 11, 2012, 08:15:01 AM
Again thanks guys  :cheers: I'm ready to fire up  :2thumbs: Just need that small
piece of selfconfidende to dare turning the key  :yesnod:

Per

Yeah that is a very nervous moment but from the looks of everything else I'm sure you have done it correctly, fire that bad boy up and take a video for us  :2thumbs:

Belgium R/T -68

Started on the first try  ;D No leaks or noices, I'm happy today and really hope it's done with all bad luck now.  :yesnod:

Per

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3syjK-OFvk

firefighter3931

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on July 12, 2012, 10:28:31 AM
Started on the first try  ;D No leaks or noices, I'm happy today and really hope it's done with all bad luck now.  :yesnod:

Per

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3syjK-OFvk

Excellent ! Now take it out for a spin and do some engine braking to seat those rings !  :icon_smile_big:

It sure sounds nice @ idle !  :cheers:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

RIDELIKEHELL

Awesome work! It sounds and looks great  :2thumbs:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

AirborneSilva

b5blue