News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

70charginglizard

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on March 13, 2010, 10:30:11 AM
Quote from: lexxman on March 13, 2010, 09:43:00 AM
Hey Per how's the car coming? Did you get it outside yet for the road test.?

Started it up today :icon_smile_big: No problems, fired up immediatly but since I know connected the vacuumhose for the powerbrakes the pedal went
to the floor. Propably have to bleed the brakes again. :eek2:

Per

I feel your pain brother. Brakes have been a sore subject with me for months now but dont worry. You'll get it all worked out. I did.  :cheers:
70charginglizard

b5blue

YAHOO!  :cheers: Keep in mind that the brakes need to seat tight to the rotors and drums so a few power pumps to the floor is normal as they move out and adjust. Check that the rear shoes are adjusted outward and just touching the drum lightly as a loose fit will mean a longer peddle stroke to push out the shoes. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!  :2thumbs:

lexxman

Started it up today :icon_smile_big: No problems, fired up immediatly but since I know connected the vacuumhose for the powerbrakes the pedal went
to the floor. Propably have to bleed the brakes again. :eek2:

Per
[/quote]

That sucks,so close ,but yet so far. :2thumbs:

Belgium R/T -68

Didn't feel motivated enough to jack up the car and start bleeding brakes so I did some other small assemblies instead. Started with the passenger side doormirror
which I placed so I can use it and not straight over the one from the driverside. As you see my garagedoor demands very good view so that's why it sits a little bit
closer to the front of the car. Then mounted the hoodmounted turningsignals, shouldn't there be a rubber protection on the backside? :scratchchin: Insulation and the
lockmechanism makes it rather finished at the front. This week they give a very good wheatherprognose so I will definetlly take a look at those brakes. :yesnod:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

b5blue

:yesnod: GOOD! When are the vent windows going in?

Belgium R/T -68

A sad day in the life of me and my charger. :'( If you have not followed the thread in the bodysection http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,65283.0.html
,here it is. I can't fix the trunk that's on the car now so I have to consider my options but I don't see myself driving it in a near future.

Per

70charginglizard

Because of a trunk latch issue. why would that be holding you up?  :shruggy:
70charginglizard

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: 70charginglizard on March 16, 2010, 02:27:16 PM

The trunklid is bended, that's why I tried the old one. I can't bend it right by hand :eek2: so I guess only option is in a press with a repaint included.

Per

charger_cody

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on March 16, 2010, 02:43:02 PM
Quote from: 70charginglizard on March 16, 2010, 02:27:16 PM

The trunklid is bended, that's why I tried the old one. I can't bend it right by hand :eek2: so I guess only option is in a press with a repaint included.

Per

Ain't nothin but a thing Per!!!!!!

You'll figure it out i'm more than positive. Pics!!!!!

cody

Belgium R/T -68

Cody, above is a link to my thread about the trunklid problem. I don't get my brakes to work anyway so there's no hurry.

Per

lisiecki1

Hey Per,

I thought the brake issue was sorted out?  What kind of problems are you still having with them?
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

six-tee-nine

Per,

Are those turn siglnal indicators BE&A? Then there should be a rubber boot with them......
On a side note, if you really want the boot, then i think BE&A sells it separate too....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: lisiecki1 on March 17, 2010, 03:36:32 PM
Hey Per,

I thought the brake issue was sorted out?  What kind of problems are you still having with them?

Hi friend, It's air in the system. I used again my bleeder today but it doesn't give any result. It's just like I have an airleak into the system but no oil leaks out. :shruggy:

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: six-tee-nine on March 17, 2010, 04:00:01 PM
Per,

Are those turn siglnal indicators BE&A? Then there should be a rubber boot with them......
On a side note, if you really want the boot, then i think BE&A sells it separate too....

Yes Koen, they are.

BTW, do you have time to come over and help out with the brakes? I have given up. :brickwall:

Per

Wicked72

Your build is very inspiring! She has turned out so beautiful! I hope my baby turns out as incredible as yours! GJ :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

b5blue

Per I too had one hell of a time bleeding my brakes! The pneumatic bleeder I bought from Harbor Freight worked but I had to remove the restrictive fitting (a safety feature) and just let it blast wide open for some time, the hand pump vacuum was worthless for some reason. (it had worked every other time) I got fluid but could not clear the air. (I know you frustration with this) A constant strong vacuum is what's needed. (If your problem is "dry lines" like I had.)  Hang in there friend!  :2thumbs: 

six-tee-nine

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on March 17, 2010, 04:17:16 PM
Quote from: six-tee-nine on March 17, 2010, 04:00:01 PM
Per,

Yes Koen, they are.

BTW, do you have time to come over and help out with the brakes? I have given up. :brickwall:

Per

Yes no problem, will send you a mail to talk about the "when". Then finally I can maybe hear the rumble of that 500
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Belgium R/T -68

This is the device I use to bleed alone, works fine from a bucket of oil but from the bleeder it doesn't come anything. Just like the mastercylinder doesn't let
anything thru anymore. :scratchchin:

Per

b5blue

That is very much like mine, I took the tube off the output end as it had a restrictive effect on the bleed action. I cranked up the pressure on my compressor to 120lb. and just let it run wide open for about 15 min. or so. Be sure to keep the master full, I removed mine and re bled it being certain to chase all the air bubbles out fully working the plunger all the way in and out. You may be able to gravity bleed the lines buy hooking up a rubber tube to the lines and running the tube into a can of brake fluid then use the bleeder to get it started. (To fill the lines) I think what happened to me was I had air here and there in the system and it dampened the vacuum action so much fluid would come out but not move the air out. (the fluid would work past the air, not move the air). Don't be afraid to experiment you may need to step on the peddle with the vacuum running to kick the air along. I knew I had it fixed when it would gravity bleed on it's own. (If you try stepping on the peddle, have someone shut the bleeder off before you let the peddle up.) Good Luck!     

lexxman

Ya,I was looking at getting one of those.So you must be almost ready for that driver.Do you have much lift to do on the car?

Belgium R/T -68

Neal, thanks for the input. :2thumbs: I will try it out once Koen is coming over.

Lexxman, the door and quarterwindows still has to be mounted but there I'm waiting for my beltmoldings to be ready first.

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Went and picked up the trunklid at the blastershop, looks great according to my opinion. Don't understand why the painter said it was useless. :shruggy:

Per

lisiecki1

yeah, that's beautiful!  You should have a talk with your painter.  Hopefully a color match wont be very difficult.
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

moparstuart

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on March 19, 2010, 11:06:36 AM
Went and picked up the trunklid at the blastershop, looks great according to my opinion. Don't understand why the painter said it was useless. :shruggy:

Per
probably the reason he never pre-fit the second one   :yesnod:

first one looks great

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE