News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: Chargerrtforme on February 22, 2010, 09:11:15 AM
What did you use for grille color?  It looks real good. Great detail job.

I used Toatally auto "grille silver" and the black is a satin variant from the local paintshop.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: twodko on February 22, 2010, 11:51:20 AM
Hi Per,

Your grille turned out very well. Good job buddy! 68 grilles seem easier to restore than a 69. I applied the final coat of satin clear on my headlight doors this weekend and have most of the grille masked off. Tedious to say the least but well worth it. I hope mine turns out as well as yours did. It's a pleasure reading your threads Per. Cheers!

Tom

Hi Tom :wave:
I never did any other then this one so I don't know about the difference but I can imagine that the centerpiece on the -69 can be a b***h. On the other hand with the -68
we have the fins in silver both vertical and horizontal. :eek2:
I have also used flat clearcoat for future protection, need to be able to clean of all the bugs and flyes. :smilielol:
Good luck with yours, I'm sure it will be perfect. :2thumbs:

Per

Chargerrtforme

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on February 22, 2010, 01:44:38 PM
Quote from: Chargerrtforme on February 22, 2010, 09:11:15 AM
What did you use for grille color?  It looks real good. Great detail job.

I used Toatally auto "grille silver" and the black is a satin variant from the local paintshop.

Per
Hmmmmmm.  I thought their silver was nothing more than argent silver which usually looks to bright. Yours came out nice.

Belgium R/T -68

lexxman

Looks great you must be getting so existed. To have a the car finished. :2thumbs:

Belgium R/T -68

Yet another weekend passed and I still didn't get to do that first little small testdrive. :brickwall: The rain is poring down and the wind is at stormlevel. :icon_smile_angry:
Anyway, got the seats in but with the thick plastice washers under the track I'm almost hitting the headliner. I will wait to see if they sink a little bit when sitting on it
before I remove them. Then aligned the front bumper but there I need to adjust 2 holes in the brackets for a perfect fit, maybe the Goodmark bumper is slightly different
from stock. :scratchchin: Valance panel was also a b***h, looked like a trashed piece of paper to begin with so the bodyman did his best but I don't think it's straightend
correct because it doesn't really fit perfect on the passengerside so that one will also be put on the redo list.
Next coming day without rain I will take it out of the garage for the very awaited test although there is still a lot of work.

Per

jaak

b5blue

Fantastic Per!  :cheers: The grill is sooooooooo pretty!

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

Hemidog

Back N Black

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks a lot guys :cheers: Keeps the motivation on high level. Next challenge will be the door and quarterwindows. :eek2:

Per

tan top

thats looks  real good , love that color combo , sublime & black  :drool5: :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

OneofNoneRT

:2thumbs: Yes , no wipers you better wait.. But I can only imagine the urge to drive. Being that close!  :brickwall: Soon ..very Soon :yesnod:
1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

lexxman

It looks great,I'd be going nuts about now.I think if I were at this point I'd be working on it every spar minute. :2thumbs:

CB

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on February 28, 2010, 11:31:48 AM
Yet another weekend passed and I still didn't get to do that first little small testdrive. :brickwall: The rain is poring down and the wind is at stormlevel. :icon_smile_angry:

Next coming day without rain I will take it out of the garage for the very awaited test although there is still a lot of work.

Per

Damn, you'll be driving sooner :boxing_smiley:

KOEN!!!! :angel: ;)
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

charger_cody

six-tee-nine

Relax CB you'll be killing your rear tires again before you know it....

Per :  how did the trunklid work out? I see in the last pictures that it looks straight so did you find a nice fat guy to bend it enough or what did you pull out of your sleeve?
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: six-tee-nine on March 01, 2010, 09:30:41 AM
Relax CB you'll be killing your rear tires again before you know it....

Per :  how did the trunklid work out? I see in the last pictures that it looks straight so did you find a nice fat guy to bend it enough or what did you pull out of your sleeve?

Koen,
It's not really straight, the catch/latch is holding it down so it looks OK on the picture. I will now put on the original one to see the difference.

Per

twodko

Nice Per.....very, very nice. What kind of camera are you using and do you use any additional lighting?

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: twodko on March 02, 2010, 03:09:43 PM
Nice Per.....very, very nice. What kind of camera are you using and do you use any additional lighting?

Tom

Hi Tom,
I have a standard, small Canon digital camera, 150$ at the local supermarket. I don't have any extra light except that the flash goes of every time because
it's a kind of dark garage.

Per

CB

Per, looking forward to see you tomorrow or Sunday!
Gotta check out your progress also to get me really motivated to finish my front end :icon_smile_big:

See ya bro
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

lexxman

Hey Per how's the car coming? Did you get it outside yet for the road test.?

mjwebb

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: lexxman on March 13, 2010, 09:43:00 AM
Hey Per how's the car coming? Did you get it outside yet for the road test.?

Started it up today :icon_smile_big: No problems, fired up immediatly but since I know connected the vacuumhose for the powerbrakes the pedal went
to the floor. Propably have to bleed the brakes again. :eek2:

Per