News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

It's time to share my project with you after beeing a member for 8 months. I bought my -68 R/T from Texas in April 2005, it's a real R/T with original engine and the car also
have discbrakes. It was a very nice 10 footer as you say with a modest tuned up engine but quick enough to play around with. New trunkfloor but driver and passengerfloor
was rotten, for the rest the framerails and quarters were ok. I spend the 2 first years using the car on occasion for a local carshow or just driving when the weather here allowed it,
it's raining a lot here in Belgium.
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Belgium R/T -68

Here is anther one!

Belgium R/T -68

And the enginebay!

Belgium R/T -68

In June last year I decided to make a full restorationproject out of it since it really deserved it. I spent my 3 weeks vacation disassemble the car piece by piece documenting
everything I did with pictures and writing a "disassemblemanual". The plans are to make it a little bit "show" but very easy to put it back to original except the paint ofcourse.
The car was gold from the factory but will now be limegreen with black vinylroof and black hood with somekind of scoop. For the rest all original style with the exception of the drivetrain
were I choose between the original 440 with other heads and some other nicer stuff or a 500 stroker I will build from another -68 440 I have.

Belgium R/T -68

Ofcourse the moore naked the body gets the moore rust appears!

//Per

rusty lee

Looks good keep the pics coming.  :popcrn:

69*F5*SE

Yes more pics. Nice looking project.  :yesnod:

Hemidog

Belgium R/T -68

Funny designers in those days, windshield has to go before you can take the daschboard down.  ;) I plan to do the complete restoration myself except
the body/paintwork. Can't be any problem with this site available.  :2thumbs:

//Per

70 Charger RT

Looks like you have your work cut out.  A great project!
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

tan top

good project charger to start with ....   intresting pictures  ........... keep them coming   :2thumbs:...love looking at stuff like this  :popcrn: 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Belgium R/T -68

August was spent on reading restorationguides and catalogs from different kind of vendors while sorting out wich parts to be reused and wich to be replaced. Ofcourse
the moore new parts you get the less you still want the rest. Except sheetmetall I today almost have a complete -68 charger in new parts since I also knew myself, if I didn't
bought most of the parts before the body/paintjob was done I would propably have no money left to finish the project or loose intrest in it knowing the huge cost awaiting for parts.
Took the car to let it be sandblasted and luckely not to many surprises showed up. Around the trunkopening and rear window some extra work will be needed.

//Per

CHRGR SE

Under construction 1973 Charger SE/RT resto-mod.

69*F5*SE

Front end looks to be very clean and rust free.

Charger_Fan

Looks like you're making good progress! :2thumbs:
What color are you gonna paint it?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

1969chargerrtse

Looking good.  Nice looking car.  Great Job.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on July 18, 2008, 05:46:05 PM
Looks like you're making good progress! :2thumbs:
What color are you gonna paint it?

//Per

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

280bb0

Have fun looks like a great project :popcrn:

Belgium R/T -68

Next to happen during the autum was to put in the new floors. Hell of a job to drill all the weldings out, especially in a icecold garage. We had to use prophanegas heaters not to freeze
to death. Worst days was -5° celcius with high humidity. After that I agreed to something with my body/paintman that I really regret today, to start with the loose parts, doors, hood,
trunk and fenders. If he would have started with the body I could have started assemble the car now.  :brickwall:
//Per

six-tee-nine

Hey per,  glad to see you posting here your progress.

And BTW why don't you put some pic's of you other rides here, I'm sure most guys here will appreciate them and sure the GTX looks killer....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Belgium R/T -68

Complete inside, trunk and front is now sanded to bare metall and put into primer, the inside of the roof was really heavy work. The fenders, doors and hood is already painted in
final colour. Will put some pics from the process. Next week the quarters and roof will be the scope and if we don't find to many surprises the car should be painted at the end of
October. Meanwhile I also decided to go for the stroker, make it a real torquemonster. I hope to solve the engineproblems with the GTX soon so I can start build the stroker,
restorate, heatebox, dashboard and grille so they are ready for installation when the body gets home.  ;)

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

The70RT

Looks like your doing a good job.  :2thumbs: You said it was gold? I see that on the A pillars but I see red on the inside or is it just your pics? Keep the pics coming. I'ts gonna be cold here soon and could be a bad winter. I have a couple cords of wood to keep me going in the garage.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Belgium R/T -68

Here is some pics from this summers work on the doors and fenders. Concerning the red paint, the fendertag confirms the gold original colour so maybe a previous owner tried
some rustprotection? Getting closer to get the body back home I start to think about the 2 things I fear about the total project, the headliner and the vinyl roof.